shape
carat
color
clarity

blue diamonds untreated / green emeralds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bandit402

Rough_Rock
Where can I find vendors who buy blue diamonds? And also emeralds? I have a very large emerald and a large brown diamond.
I can''t get enough information. I found this site and this seems to be the right place for information...can anyone give me some info??
40.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please share more information about the emeralds and blue diamond such as carat weight and if possible, a picture. If it is worth a lot, perhaps an auction house. Do they come with any certification?

bandit402

Rough_Rock
I have a few diamonds that are natural diamonds non enhanced between 7- 10 carats without certification, between, si2 and i3 . I also have a brown diamond 5.79 cts i3 nonenhanced with certification; a 28.79 cts a natural columbian green emerald with certification untreated..I can not post pictures right now...I do not have a good camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
40.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you elaborate further on the color?

Even with a detailed written description, we're not going to be able to help much without pics.
40.gif

ETA: You might check out Diamonds by Lauren to get a better idea on the diamonds...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 7:52:31 PM
Author: bandit402
I have a few diamonds that are natural diamonds non enhanced between 7- 10 carats without certification, between, si2 and i3 . I also have a brown diamond 5.79 cts i3 nonenhanced with certification; a 28.79 cts a natural columbian green emerald with certification untreated..I can not post pictures right now...I do not have a good camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
40.gif
The brown diamond with a clarity of I3 I''m afraid won''t be worth much. Brown diamonds (if you know where to look) are very reasonably priced. The Emerald really depends on colour and clarity. I''ve seen large Emeralds with the most dreadful clarity that wouldn''t be worth more than $100. However, if yours is super clean with a wonderful colour it''s a completely different ball game. Your question, I''m afraid, is just too wide for anybody to even hazzard a guess.

bandit402

Rough_Rock
ok, here is the emerald

27.89 emerald.JPG

bandit402

Rough_Rock
here is a diamond like mine but mine is a little darker

5.69 ct diamond.jpg

bandit402

Rough_Rock
this is not one of my original diamonds but they look just alike

natural blue diamond.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately the emerald above is not worth much because it is not gem quality and it is very opaque. Maybe $5/ct. The second stone is too included to be worth anything at all. You might get $100 for the stone if you''re lucky, and the last stone is an irradiated blue diamond, again, not worth that much as far as resale value (white diamonds have better resale value), especially if it''s highly included.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to say that they are not worth much at all. The emerald while large in size is very opaque and included. It's probably worth in the $10s of dollars. The brown diamond is also very included and brown isn't a desired colour. Also low in value. Is the blue untreated? What would be the clarity?

If you compare your emerald to the one in the ring I attached, you'll see what a quality emerald looks like. This one is worth in the thousands because it is transparent, "glassy" and crystalline, eye clean and a rich pure green with a blue undertone.

Leon Emerald Example.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a huge Emerald (free) from a dealer on Ebay that I had bought a number of gemstones from. He also sent me a huge Ruby and a Sapphire! Unfortunately, it''s not really worth anything.

I agree also with the above comments on your brown diamond. The clarity makes it almost worthless. A good brown diamond should sparkle and glow. Here''s one of mine - you can see the orange radiating from it.

I also agree with TL and Chrono that the blue diamond you''ve shown above is irradiated. You said in your original post that yours is untreated. Are you sure that''s the case? Perhaps if you could post photos of the actual blue diamond we could help further.

bandit402

Rough_Rock
this is my largest diamond...I was told that blue diamonds, non treated, natural were worth a great deal no matter what the clarity...is that right?

19.54 fancy blue si3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:07:49 AM
Author: bandit402
this is my largest diamond...I was told that blue diamonds, non treated, natural were worth a great deal no matter what the clarity...is that right?
Untreated natural blue diamonds are valuable, yes. But a lot of that also depends on clarity, the degree of blueness (fancy vivid is worth more than fancy light) and also the degree of grey modifier. Look at fancydiamonds.net to see what some valuable blue diamonds look like. Your diamond looks definitely irradiated, in which case, it''s not worth much, especially if it has low clarity. I purchased a blue diamond on ebay which was almost half a carat, and totally eye clean. I paid $30.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been drooling over the emerald from Leon that Chrono posted for so long
30.gif

Unfortunately, your emerald is much, much more included.

bandit402

Rough_Rock
thank you for your reply

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bandit - I''m sorry but I agree with TL. I''d bet good money on your diamond being irradiated. Sorry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bandit,
I''m so sorry for being the bearer of bad news. I''ve not seen untreated blue diamonds of that colour; they just don''t look like that, even the very best ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results