shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue diamond band update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction

A while back I posted about a lovely blue & white diamond 3/4 eternity ring I had bought from a local jewelry store. I feel in love with it right away, the blue diamond row was black rhodium plated. When the store resized the ring, the rhodium came off. Lets just say they did a really crappy job putting the rhodium back on. Its looked horrible. They didn''t know what to do and they admitted to having no experience with black rhodium. I decided to have them take the black rhodium they had put on off and I would have it done by someone who knew what they were doing. Well here we are months later and I have not worn the ring more than 3 times, its been sitting in my jewelry box. Its just not the same with out the rhodium!!!

THIS IS THE RING I FEEL IN LOVE WITH

redo11324354.jpeg

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
AND THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW

Does anyone know where I would send the ring to get the rhodium done?

Thanks

RN12345678.JPG

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, I do not have any suggestion for where to send it, but I can completely understand your frustration! The original is stunning and unique and the "now ring" just doesn''t quite look right... I am definately with you on LOVING the original!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t the jewelry store where you purchased it send it back to the manufacturer?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow...Your ring is still beautiful but the black rhodium made it look stunning! Good luck with getting it fixed! Don''t forget to come back with pictures when it''s fixed!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it''s still gorgeous, but the original
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
good luck getting it fixed!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
The original ring is so gorgeous! Good luck with getting it fixed.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, what a shame! The ring is gorgeous in the first picture. Could the store you purchased it from order it in your size?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I prefer it without the black rhodium because it makes the blue of the diamonds really stand out. I have a number of pieces that have black rhodium plating and, whilst it''s lovely, I think if you had a high rhodium white finish on your ring it would look stunning. However, you''re the one that has to wear it and YOU have to love it.

Do you have any handshots of the ring as it is now?

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
LovingDiamonds,

Here are some better pictures of the ring. I just wanted to add, the original pictures were taken in the store with no flash on my camera, these pictures do make the blue diamonds shine more due to the flash. The prongs need to be whitened but I can only image what it would look like with the black rhodium + a flash on the picture.

IMG_8590.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting more photos. I think that the blues look more blue without the black rhodium plating. In normal daylight the black rhodium can darken the blue diamonds but I do see how it looks attractive. At the end of the day, you have to wear it and love it so if you won''t wear it as it is then perhaps trying searching the internet to see if anybody offers the service of coloured rhodium? I know most jewellers I use can do it but I''m in the UK so not much use to you.

Do you think you may feel differently if they go over the ring with a high white rhodium plating?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it without the black rhodium and agree with LD as the diamonds actually show up more without it, and its not overwhelmed by the darkness of it, It actually makes your blue stand out more imo. Very lovely
1.gif

futuremrstildsley

Rough_Rock
I know this thread is a bit old but I had to comment because I absolutely love your ring!
30.gif
Who makes it, or where did you get it? Is there a website? I''m looking for something on the same idea and would appreciate any help!

Thanks!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results