shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue and Pink Akoya bypass ring or pendant?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Takahashi thread has lured me into temptation. (Price scope will do it to you! )Has anyone designed a ring or pendant with a blue Akoya and a pink toned Akoya? The Takashashi pearls shown on this forum look incredible and wondered if just two top of the top blue and pinkish pearls have been paired before. What color metal is recommended? Does this sound like it would be pretty? Any input would be most appreciated. Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the glowy side :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea a lot… (I vote ring! Are you taking votes :bigsmile:) I’m glad you’re planning to work with Takahashi though, because the coloration in akoya isn’t super strong - Takahashi will be able to get you to the extremes of what’s possible in terms of colour differential…

I assume you’ve seen these already but linking here just in case ::)

66E17949-C872-4671-9F7A-856EEAF98D57.png

8032444A-6B52-495D-9780-CE4B93684991.png

@GeliL purchased this lineup - Takahashi’s photos on Pg1 and her gorgeous real-world pics on Pg2:

Since white akoya are pinked, so they’ve got pink overtone, and the blue/grey akoya naturally have pink overtone, pink will be a strong colour overall. So I’d do either white metal or rose gold - my personal preference is white, totally neutral ❤️ And also because rose gold often errs warm/peachy rather than straight up pink. But I think either would be beautiful!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results