shape
carat
color
clarity

Blood in urine

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
If i lived in your country and understand the ins and outs of the NHS i would be happy to help you complain
Complains here get a lot of attention
My OH had a locum misplace paperwork that resulted in him walking around with a ticking time bomb of a heart blissfully unaware
When the mistake was discovered (thankfully in time) the locum gave Gary all the info to complain to the professional body - which he didn't as he was ok and Doc learnt a valuable leason
Here in NZ every medical/ hospital/ old folks home ive been to have multiple govt posters up with information of expectations of care and how to complain
Its not right you are frightfully worried about this unknown condition and you basically got blown off by this nurse

i know nurses are like everyone else
you get outstanding caring compident ones and then you get grumps who have no place working with the public, let alone in a responsibility of care

I think at the very least you should at some stage talk to your GP or the freindly practice nurse at your family doctors about what happened

Such differences from one country
Hi @Begonia Hope you’re feeling better. I can help interpret your result if you take a picture to the left a little bit so I can see what each units are referring to.

Hi @Begonia Hope you’re feeling better. I can help interpret your result if you take a picture to the left a little bit so I can see what each units are referring to.

Here ya go @Bling_banned 20201110_175044.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
If i lived in your country and understand the ins and outs of the NHS i would be happy to help you complain
My OH had a locum misplace paperwork that resulted in him walking around with a ticking time bomb of a heart blissfully unaware
When the mistake was discovered (thankfully in time) the locum gave Gary all the info to complain to the professional body - which he didn't as he was ok and Doc learnt a valuable leason
Here in NZ every medical/ hospital/ old folks home ive been to have multiple govt posters up with information of expectations of care and how to complain
Its not right you are frightfully worried about this unknown condition and you basically got blown off by this nurse

you get outstanding caring compident ones and then you get grumps who have no place working with the public, let alone in a responsibility of care

I think at the very least you should at some stage talk to your GP or the freindly practice nurse at your family doctors about what happened

I'll do that D and D, plus I'm going to leave a Google review and find any other review options I can.

This happened when I was giving birth to my first son. It was going badly and I was so in pain and frightened. The nurse then terrorized me. It was awful.

Tell me you can't help me, and the reasons for it. I'm ok with that, I'm a big girl. Do you have the right words, is this the right place, is this the right time. She needs a refresher in compassion and effective communication.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

To be fair to the ER nurse, depending on location, some hospitals here are overrun with covid. It’s a high stress situation.

The nurse shouldn’t be rude, but I also empathize with a very stressful situation. We’re at record high case counts in multiple provinces and there was talk of calling the military into care homes during the government press briefing today.

I’m glad her GP seems to be on top of things and hopefully the referral goes through quickly.

Cross posted with @Begonia. The nurse should have explained in a nicer way. I’m sorry that it was such a negative experience.

Last edited:

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
(Old nurse here...) Looks like your urine test result is normal except for the RBC (which is red blood cells). You don't have an elevated WBC (white blood count) which is what you would have if you had an infection. Blood in your urine is not normal, but not all that uncommon either, so I wouldn't panic. If you have burning and discomfort, and pain while peeing, that is definitely not normal. It is good that you are getting this checked out just in case.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, also want to say that cranberry juice is not the be all and end of of cures, it can actually cause some people more pain upon urination. The best bet is to stay hydrated with nice clear water, so drink up!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll do that D and D, plus I'm going to leave a Google review and find any other review options I can.

This happened when I was giving birth to my first son. It was going badly and I was so in pain and frightened. The nurse then terrorized me. It was awful.

Tell me you can't help me, and the reasons for it. I'm ok with that, I'm a big girl. Do you have the right words, is this the right place, is this the right time. She needs a refresher in compassion and effective communication.

My aunty was the most popular nurse at Queen Mary hospital (the maternity hospital) in Dunedin for many years
Every mother needs a nurse like Aunty Bunty
Honestly i want to bit#h slap the ones that bully

Many years ago (more than 50) my English mother in law had her last child here in NZ - the other 3 were all born in Birminghamc
She found the then NZ experience so dreadful she said no more babies
But on the other hand her 2nd youngest child was born with a funny leg and identical to a cousin
They immigrated when he was under 2

On arrival in NZ little Ronnie got the right treatment and no one would even know now today anything had ever been wrong with him- but the cousin in the UK is now a very crippled old man because he got completly different treatment

there is good and bad everywhere

just make sure you only get the good kind from now on

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be fair to the ER nurse, depending on location, some hospitals here are overrun with covid. It’s a high stress situation.

The nurse shouldn’t be rude, but I also empathize with a very stressful situation. We’re at record high case counts in multiple provinces and there was talk of calling the military into care homes during the government press briefing today.

I’m glad her GP seems to be on top of things and hopefully the referral goes through quickly.

Cross posted with @Begonia. The nurse should have explained in a nicer way. I’m sorry that it was such a negative experience.

The best thing that has happened here is getting the military in to help
they are taught how to interact positively with the public and all benefit
The state of covid in your country ans other's keeps me awake at night
please stay safe and keep your family safe too

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've gone and done it. Googled my symptoms. Kinda worried...would be so much easier if I had painful urination and burning but it was slight and it's eased up to almost non existent. I know, I know. Most obvious answer is atypical UTI, but then I saw the early 1st sign of...bladder cancer. Blood in bowl that goes away.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh Begonia, the whole experience is awful and so sorry you have to go through such a terrible visit. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh Begonia, the whole experience is awful and so sorry you have to go through such a terrible visit. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious.

Thank you :) me too.
I get worried at night.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess (not a doctor) is that with a relatively normal urine test result, you may have passed a small kidney stone that caused the blood in the urine. Stay hydrated. Really feel bad about how you were treated in the ER. I wish people treated people the way they would want their family members treated.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've gone and done it. Googled my symptoms. Kinda worried...would be so much easier if I had painful urination and burning but it was slight and it's eased up to almost non existent. I know, I know. Most obvious answer is atypical UTI, but then I saw the early 1st sign of...bladder cancer. Blood in bowl that goes away.

Dont do that again, wait to see your doc
when Gary had a kidney stone we doctor googled in the middle of the night and convinced ourselves he had appendicitis

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Everything is cancer according to Google.

It’s not worth your sanity. Googling symptoms isn’t necessarily staying informed. You end up finding the most extreme outliers and it’s easy to convince yourself that your symptoms match theirs.

In reality there are a lot of things that can cause blood in urine. It’s not normal, but it happens to a lot of people who end up being perfectly fine. It could be an infection, interstitial cystitis, a stone etc. All far more common than bladder cancer.

Odds are on your your side here.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
A few months ago my DH called out to me to come & see what he had peed in the toilet.It looked like red period blood with clots.I said right away to get up to the hospital. He had to pass a specimen for the Dr to test.He prescribed antibiotics & told him to see his GP. After 24hours the bleeding had turned pale pink & then to normal urine colour.He was fine & has never had it happen since

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I'm staying off Google! I should know better but once the doc called and wouldn't prescribe antibiotics (very little burning, pain) and lack of wbc, my border collie brain wanted to solve it :roll2:. Come on bacteria!

I did buy the d-mannose and some more probiotics that are supposed to be good for the urinary tract. Went to Whole Foods on a late night visit that distracted me, and had fun in the 'whole body' section. It turns out I'm a shampoo/conditioner/hair lotions junkie. Came to that realization standing in the aisle there. Could be worse i suppose, could be Italian leather shoes?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia I've had several UTIs with little pain, when I was young they would just about incapacitate me, burning!... Blood was a phenomena that happened when I was older, in my 30s 40s just pain/burning.. not sure this helps you, but I've had at least 20 of these over the last 35 years, that I feel like a UTI authority.. sending you a tight hug and please don't worry much because 99.99999 time it's a uti or kidney infection

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
@Begonia I've had several UTIs with little pain, when I was young they would just about incapacitate me, burning!... Blood was a phenomena that happened when I was older, in my 30s 40s just pain/burning.. not sure this helps you, but I've had at least 20 of these over the last 35 years, that I feel like a UTI authority.. sending you a tight hug and please don't worry much because 99.99999 time it's a uti or kidney infection

That's so good to know, thank you @Bayek!
I haven't had one in maybe 4 years, but I'm over 50 now and have had some other signs, like slight fever, fatigue, irritability and mostly I just haven't been drinking enough water lately. I'm alone at work a lot and it's more difficult to visit the facilities. Gotta change that asap. Knowing that pain/burning isn't a must for a uti does help!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Begonia Don’t Google..I’ve done that too many times..All you do is scare yourself. I do think you should get checked by a Urologist.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's so good to know, thank you @Bayek!
I haven't had one in maybe 4 years, but I'm over 50 now and have had some other signs, like slight fever, fatigue, irritability and mostly I just haven't been drinking enough water lately. I'm alone at work a lot and it's more difficult to visit the facilities. Gotta change that asap. Knowing that pain/burning isn't a must for a uti does help!!!

Holding on is never good.

I often wonder how people get on who work alone in a shop

I get super grumpy and irritable and can't focus when im thirsty so i always need water beside me

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Holding on is never good.

I often wonder how people get on who work alone in a shop

I get super grumpy and irritable and can't focus when im thirsty so i always need water beside me

That's good you have that good habit! I have a low thirst drive and have to force myself to drink water throughout the day. Combine that with no one to watch the shop while I use the facilities leads to dehydration. I'm working on better habits, and was doing good until about 2/3 weeks ago? Hopefully there is a connection.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Google is evil. Never go there again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's good you have that good habit! I have a low thirst drive and have to force myself to drink water throughout the day. Combine that with no one to watch the shop while I use the facilities leads to dehydration. I'm working on better habits, and was doing good until about 2/3 weeks ago? Hopefully there is a connection.

I feel sorry for you
if i worked next door id watch the shop so you could dash to the loo
when i worked in the big box hardwear store i worked on the trade desk serving the builders
the roster had me alone till 10.30
i have a cheap Woolworths bladder and the thing with the trade desk is most people including managment who knew how to do point of sale were scared of timber sales so it was very rear i could get to the loo because no one (especially management who's offices were right behind me) would cover - it was a long walk to the otherside of the store and one would often get stopped by customers
so i really empathise with your poor bladder
This is not a healthy situation

time for a back in 5 min sign perhaps ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing ill add @Begonia is it really surprised me the things we had to cut out of Gary's diet for the year he got kidney stones
we used to eat lots of spinach as salad
Thankfully he has never had them again after that summer and we still have spinach

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I feel sorry for you
if i worked next door id watch the shop so you could dash to the loo
when i worked in the big box hardwear store i worked on the trade desk serving the builders
the roster had me alone till 10.30
i have a cheap Woolworths bladder and the thing with the trade desk is most people including managment who knew how to do point of sale were scared of timber sales so it was very rear i could get to the loo because no one (especially management who's offices were right behind me) would cover - it was a long walk to the otherside of the store and one would often get stopped by customers
so i really empathise with your poor bladder
This is not a healthy situation

time for a back in 5 min sign perhaps ?

I get what you're saying D, I really do keep up those drinking habits!

It's more of a security thing. The way the shop is designed, combined with my working alone from 3pm on makes it risky to go down our hallway in the shop? I can go, but someone might follow me?
I should write up a safety complaint about this!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get what you're saying D, I really do keep up those drinking habits!

It's more of a security thing. The way the shop is designed, combined with my working alone from 3pm on makes it risky to go down our hallway in the shop? I can go, but someone might follow me?
I should write up a safety complaint about this!

Do you walk in a shopping centre
Once i worked just outside north city plaza in Porirua and got quite friendly with the ladies in a custome jewlery shop
a tiny sliver of a shop - the same size as a Wendy's ice cream counter
They had two on at busy times but open and close was just one lady so
they used to call over a mall security guard to watch the counter while she dashed to the loo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results