shape
carat
color
clarity

Blonde Fuzz on my Face

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never been a hairy person. I don't even really have hair on my arms. At 42, hormonal changes are making things....weird. I have this blonde fuzz all over the sides of my face. It runs where sideburns would be and down by my ears. It seems to be growing on the bottoms of my cheeks too. I can actually pinch it between my fingers.

I thought it wasn't noticeable, but one day the sun was shining behind me and there it was!! Backlit in all of its glory!

Is this a normal thing? I have never seen blonde hair on women's faces. Is this something we handle but we don't talk about it? How do I handle this? Do I have it threaded? Waxed? Should I leave it?

Is this normal?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, the indignities of peri-menopause. Hair will grow thick and lush were you don't want it and fall out where you do want it. My choice was to look like a werewolf or try to tame the mane. I also have two arch nemesis -- Scylla and Charybdis, two gray hairs, one under the chin and one on my left lower jaw, that grow like weeds and are difficult for me to see (close up eyesight failing as yet another indicator of advancing age). I notice them when they're about 1/2 inch long and the sun displays them in blazing glory or I'm in a public restroom whereby I've learned that it is impossible to pluck hairs using fingernails. Hence, a plucker is always with me.

Waxing doesn't work on my facial skin -- I get an itchy rash that takes a long time to go away. For whatever reason, Nair for the face works without a problem. For some people facial cream hair removers burn their skin. I haven't tried threading.

You're normal but that is probably not comforting consolation.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend gets her whole face threaded. Have you tried threading before? I find it more precise than waxing.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1477658428|4091482 said:
https://youtu.be/o4Yn92wQWG8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! Amazing. I just watched so many videos on this. The skin benefits alone make me want to try it! Thank you!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1477607225|4091350 said:
Sigh, the indignities of peri-menopause. Hair will grow thick and lush were you don't want it and fall out where you do want it. My choice was to look like a werewolf or try to tame the mane. I also have two arch nemesis -- Scylla and Charybdis, two gray hairs, one under the chin and one on my left lower jaw, that grow like weeds and are difficult for me to see (close up eyesight failing as yet another indicator of advancing age). I notice them when they're about 1/2 inch long and the sun displays them in blazing glory or I'm in a public restroom whereby I've learned that it is impossible to pluck hairs using fingernails. Hence, a plucker is always with me.

Waxing doesn't work on my facial skin -- I get an itchy rash that takes a long time to go away. For whatever reason, Nair for the face works without a problem. For some people facial cream hair removers burn their skin. I haven't tried threading.

You're normal but that is probably not comforting consolation.
Your whole post made me laugh because it is so relatable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is a cruel joke to have us lose the hair on our heads and make us grow facial hair. I guess the only way to soften the blow is to take our eyesight!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By all means, try the face shaving in that video. It works well. I call it dermaplaning, lol. It does exfoliate though, so keep that in mind. My skin gets so sensitive sometimes that I can't do it. :(( I don't love the fuzz on myself. My 20-something daughters also do it.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have always had the blonde peach fuzz around the jawline extending towards my cheeks. At 48, there appears to be more there now in addition to what looks like a fine blonde mustache under 12X magnification (my favorite for examining my facial flaws). When I think about it, there are other horrible things that can happen to my face (for instance, my rosacea changing stages for the worse from earlier this year) that really makes the peach fuzz insignificant. I also ended up following the face shaving link and looking at a few videos, one of which was from someone with sensitive skin, like mine, who broke out horribly after and it wouldn't go away. Yikes!

I only wear foundation when I really have to dress up (I break out), otherwise it's nothing or powder with coverage to even out my skin tone. So, a smooth face isn't that much of a concern. My fuzz can be seen in bright sunlight, but I'm in an office all day with florescent lights and no one sees it. My fiance did see my cheek fuzz in bright sunlight once and teased me about it. I shrugged my shoulders at him and said "So?" and that was the end of it. No one else has ever said anything to me. I must confess that occasionally a mustache hair grows uncontrollably. I usually find in when it's about an inch long (it's so fine), and only because it's been tickling me. My fiance noticed that once and said "You've got a cat hair stuck to your face under your nose", and I pull it out. Cat hair, it is... :shhh:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guuurrlll...just be glad it's just blonde fuzz! :oops: And yes, it's normal. To get rid of the fuzz I use an eyebrow razor. Works like a charm and no terrible regrowth.

I have always been hairy and have had laser hair removal (legs). Highly recommend it! Not going to do anything for those blondes but for anyone dealing with excess or bothersome darker hair, absolutely worth every penny.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If you are starting to get hair where you never got it before, check your thyroid levels.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well house cat, the answer is yes. And I'm dark. I've always had a bit of peach fuzz on my face, nothing too drastic, but yes I'm seeing a bit of an uptick of its occurrence. I refuse to shave though as I have very sensitive skin that I don't want to make worse.

However, as an aside, I've NEVER had to shave my legs. Still don't and hope that continues to be the case :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a blond friend who shaves it. I can never tell the difference, her face doesn't look shaved. She swears by it. I haven't got too much fuzz yet but I do get a stray weird hair every now and then.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Tinkle razors. I use them maybe once or twice a week. They are very effective and very gently when used correctly. It is amazing how much more smoothly my makeup goes on after I started using these. My face is so smooth and it has actually improved my skin. My skin is sensitive so I am careful not to do it too often and I am careful of the amount of pressure I apply. I highly recommend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ethnic background is mostly Scotts-Irish/English, little Scandinavian thrown in. Me and all my female cousins have this white down kinda hair on the sides of our faces. It was invisible until perimenopause and then one day, backlight into a hotel room mirror :twirl: :-o

I took 10,000 mcg biotin daily and the hair on my head was fab and my eyelashes were Kardashian-esque but I think that white stuff increased too, DAMN IT.

I don't do anything about it. I figure my DH is the only person who gets close enough to see it and he's stuck with me now bwahaha!! Serially, though, lot of derm patients at Mayo mentioned this in their appointments...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Post menopausal woman over here. :wavey: Like Matata, I would never leave home without my tweezers. Ever.

I use one of those very small "personal groomer" electric razors on my peach fuzz, wherever it may grow. I never get a rash or ingrown hair. The hair does not look or feel like stubble when it grows back.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1478036422|4092750 said:
Post menopausal woman over here. :wavey: Like Matata, I would never leave home without my tweezers. Ever.

I use one of those very small "personal groomer" electric razors on my peach fuzz, wherever it may grow. I never get a rash or ingrown hair. The hair does not look or feel like stubble when it grows back.

Holly, would you please share which personal groomer worked out so well????? Thank you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1478040038|4092772 said:
HollyS|1478036422|4092750 said:

Holly, would you please share which personal groomer worked out so well????? Thank you!

This one is just an off brand that hubby picked up at Walgreen's. He has one for weird things like little hairs on his earlobes, and I use mine to tame the facial fuzziness. They're long and slender razor/trimmers.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Holly, I'll be on my way to Wal-Mart now!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results