shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2020 version

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m probably about to be thrown out of PS, but I can’t think of a single thing that I really, really want :-o :???:

:lol:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wish lists! It's so fun to dream...

2020:

- Finish paying off the Georgian diamond band I'm getting for my birthday. I realized after putting down the deposit that I probably overpaid for this piece so that doesn't feel great, but it's a special ring and I'm sure I'll love it.

- Gold skeleton ring from Kerchungcreative

- Middle finger necklace or BLM necklace from Kerchungcreative

- Possibly another antique ring for Christmas?? On my wish list: tiara ring, toi et moi ring, crowned or twin hearts ring, giant citrine or moonstone cocktail ring, blue enamel diamond ring, flat-cut garnet ring, large opal ring, or double-row pearl band.

2021:

- An itty-bitty super-duper delicate diamond tennis bracelet. I like the mini version made by Ring Concierge.

- A really big purchase for my 20th wedding anniversary! As large an EC as I can get, most likely set into a simple YG solitaire. Or maybe as a 3-stone with vertically set baguettes, or traps.

- If budget allows, maybe a couple of antique rings (see 2020)

2022:

- Re-set the pears from my old LM setting into a crowned twin hearts ring by DK

- Re-set the ACAs from my WF eternity band into an antique-style triple row band by DK

- If budget allows, maybe a couple of antique rings (see 2020)

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wishing that Mark Morrell will be able to fit me into his schedule and make a new home for my sapphire (ring) in 2020. :pray:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a fun thread! My current wishlist includes:

-DBTY necklace, atleast 5 stations and atleast 10pts
-WG hinged bangle w/ diamond inlay
-Etoile style WG ring
-Floating heart or a really thin Bezeled heart diamond necklace

And maybe in the far future, my dream ring, a 4-5 carat cushion micropave halo with claw prongs in WG.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
wishlist for 2020 (what's left of it)

a 1.5ct or so diamond pendant (omc, oec, emerald)

reset of e-ring

replace lost (1) 8.5mm mikimoto akoya stud

figure out a project for 5 mrb 23 pointers

a nice more understated, gold wristwatch

a columbian emerald (pear, oval)

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m probably about to be thrown out of PS, but I can’t think of a single thing that I really, really want :-o :???:

You have reached your bling nirvana! :lol-2:

I am not there yet, and not sure if I would ever reach it to be entirely honest.

I did reach a nirvana with my camping gear, in that I had my perfect set up, and did not wish to change or buy anymore camping gear.

However, that lasted about 3 years, and now I am changing unit from a Dutch pyramid canvas tent to a tin tent in the form of a custom-converted campervan! :lol-2:

It is a shame, as I enjoyed camping under canvas, however, I just can't put up my tent on my own anymore without spending a couple of days to recover from the effort involved. :(2

DK :))

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have just gotten a dedicated bling account and am super excited to get started on some things to fill my new wall jewelry cabinet. The bling account came to be after reading another PSers guilt over buying herself jewelry in secret. While I run finances at our house and have no problem buying for our home or kids I had a mental block when purchasing anything pricey for just myself. Since I am a SAHM I would ask my DH when I wanted to purchase something for myself other than costume jewelry - it didn't happen very often and he always said yes but I realized I would like to be able to get things when I wanted to without having to ask. DH has a discretionary spending account with a weekly deposit - this keeps it to a reasonable amount that we have agreed to so that free spending on non-essentials doesn't get out of hand. I didn't have one for myself since I deem what I purchase as essential and am the more mindful of budget between us. Having my own account dedicated to spending on frivolity is a real treat after many years of being very budget minded. It feels lavish and I am grateful for the ability to do so.

This is great! Two years ago, my husband and I came up with an idea for my “slush fund.” We looked at how much I made the year prior. So anything I make over that amount is mine to do what I like. I’ve given gifts, donations, made a loan to my local food coop... it’s been a lot of fun! And of course I buy jewelry with it. :) I will have to think about my list. Just upgrading my studs right now—but I think it will be about $7K to save!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great! Two years ago, my husband and I came up with an idea for my “slush fund.” We looked at how much I made the year prior. So anything I make over that amount is mine to do what I like. I’ve given gifts, donations, made a loan to my local food coop... it’s been a lot of fun! And of course I buy jewelry with it. :) I will have to think about my list. Just upgrading my studs right now—but I think it will be about $7K to save!

That’s wonderful! What will be after studs??

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s wonderful! What will be after studs??

Okay, okay, I'll play! :) I actually do have more on my wish list...

Wish list for the next year:
--I have an empty HPD NY Classic solitaire setting in platinum. HPD is sourcing a 7mm round sapphire for me that will fit into the setting (depth is important for proper fit). I am thinking it will be about $2500 for that. This is currently in the works. It will almost definitely be heated, and I'm fine with that!

--Upgrade MRB studs to 1.60 cttw. I currently wear 1.01 cttw. I have upgraded twice through our wedding jeweler in Chicago, and I love the jeweler. Not sure if I should go through him, or take the hit and sell them for very little and go with CBIs. Right now there is a pair of 1.20ish cttw G stones that look awesome as an "in-between." I think 1.60 cttw would be my stopping point for studs. I have very small lobes! An alternative plan could be to just stick with 1.0 - 1.20 cttw size for now (CBI or ACA) and upgrade later. I think just upgrading to the superideal cut would be a big visual boost. I just don't know what to do about this yet, so I wait... :) It also doesn't help that I wear a headset all day now since I'm working from home, hah. Kinda easier to procrastinate.

--I have a decent sized aquamarine that I should look into getting recut. It is an oval shape with a big window in it. I like the color, though. It is special to me, since it was the first CS stone my husband ever gave me. I have it set in a very heavy bezel pendant. I just never wear it... I'm thinking of getting it recut, putting a diamond halo on it and setting it in a cuff bracelet. (?) I'd like to give it new life!

--Diamond pendant or another everyday necklace. I'm kinda all over the place with this one, so I haven't pulled the trigger! Maybe the aqua with diamond halo could be this wish list item. ;-)

Wish list item for sometime in the next year or two (or five):
-Reset 1.01 oval diamond into either a toi et moi with a ruby/sapph/spinel, or reset into a 3- or 5-stone ring with colored stones and diamonds. Maybe even emerald here, since dh just loves them (and so do I!). DH is not sentimental about much, but he really feels strongly that the original oval remains on my wedding stack. We both love colored stones, so I like the idea of resetting the oval with a significant CS look. Just not sure about it yet. At this point, I'd love Victor Canera to do a toi et moi!

Ultimate wish list:
--Walk into VCA with my husband and take my time to decide between an alhambra necklace or bracelet.
--Victorian or Edwardian large CS cluster (ruby/sapph/spinel). Large! With 10-or 15-point old mine or OEC diamond halo

For both of those ultimate wish list items, I want to buy them on separate vacations so that they will be a special souvenir.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@KristinTech I think we have very different styles, but I am having an opal and diamond ring converted to a cuff. I bought two sapphires to go next to it. It will be fully engraved in the final stages on the gold. This does not look like something that High Performance Diamonds normally makes and it seems like that's your vendor of choice, but at least it's a visual idea that the concept would work.

Screenshot_20200916-154357.png Screenshot_20200916-154404.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I kind of agree. I have projects in place happening but no enthusiasm for them. I received a box last week and I didn't open it for 4 days. Well, I opened the main box. Once I saw the interior was secure in the inside box, I just left it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am adding a lower colour OEC to my wish list, about 1ct/6mm, can be a lab diamond, to be set in an art deco inspired setting.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kind of agree. I have projects in place happening but no enthusiasm for them. I received a box last week and I didn't open it for 4 days. Well, I opened the main box. Once I saw the interior was secure in the inside box, I just left it.

Whaaaaa?!!!

Haha ok but actually maybe that’s great, to have reached a point of “enough” :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d really like to get the VCA Vintage Alhambra rose gold and gray MOP necklace and maybe a sweet heart bracelet. Other than that I don’t want anything. I figure I would see if my husband will get me at least the necklace for my birthday coming up.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

eeehhh?? whaaaa???

sorry, no comprendo, je ne comprends pas...

you received a box (containing jewelry) and you didn't open it for 4 WHOLE days??!!

howaaa ... ?? Ive such a LONG way to go to reach that level of (jewelry) zen ...

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech I think we have very different styles, but I am having an opal and diamond ring converted to a cuff. I bought two sapphires to go next to it. It will be fully engraved in the final stages on the gold. This does not look like something that High Performance Diamonds normally makes and it seems like that's your vendor of choice, but at least it's a visual idea that the concept would work.

Screenshot_20200916-154357.png Screenshot_20200916-154404.png

wow, that will be so beautiful! HPD has done my anniversary diamond RHR upgrades, and I’m considering them for my studs. I have a local jeweler that has done work for me in the past. I’m thinking about having them set the aqua when it’s recut, but I’m not sure yet.
I tend to gravitate toward vintage and antique jewelry, but the everyday pieces do tend to be platinum and diamonds for me!

When will your bracelet be completed?!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Adding a trellis set 5 stone ring, 1.2-1.5cttw to my list! It just never ends!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
It's like typing out my private Pinterest page.

1. 2 ct ACA in Vatche U113 Platinum Setting
2. Danielle Jazz Bezel in Platinum with sapphires
3. Tiffany & Co. Medium Victoria Earrings
4. CVB French cut diamond band (or vintage equivalent)
5. Upgrade my 1 TCW diamond studs to better quality and 1.5 - 2 CTW.
6. A right hand ring using inherited stone and either adding emerald side stones, or emerald halo
7. Cartier Love Bangle (I waffle on this since they are everywhere).
8. Diamond tennis bracelet 4-5 carats
9. And either a pendant or ring with a Tahitian pearl

elizat

Ideal_Rock
wow, that will be so beautiful! HPD has done my anniversary diamond RHR upgrades, and I’m considering them for my studs. I have a local jeweler that has done work for me in the past. I’m thinking about having them set the aqua when it’s recut, but I’m not sure yet.
I tend to gravitate toward vintage and antique jewelry, but the everyday pieces do tend to be platinum and diamonds for me!

When will your bracelet be completed?!

Pretty much all of my stuff is antique or antique inspired. This will look antique once the engraving is done I think. I think I'm going to go with floral chasing throughout.

My go-to guy is Sako or CvB. He is doing this project. Not sure when it will be done, as I have multiple projects in the works with him.

I think if you did a halo bracelet or cuff with the aqua it would work well. You could even do something daintier like the single stone bangles. I have owned a few of those by Grace and I ended up taking them apart, because they just don't really fit my lifestyle. I type a lot and I'm constantly doing things with my hands, so cuffs with thin stems aren't practical for me.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Whaaaaa?!!!

Haha ok but actually maybe that’s great, to have reached a point of “enough” :)

I have a lot of stuff going on and some things are taking a heavy emotional toll. In reality I should have been excited about getting the box because I really do like the earrings, and the rest of it was some sizing and repair work of really nice pieces, but I'm just kind of having a little bit of a daily struggle. It will pass eventually.

Reactions: Kya

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of stuff going on and some things are taking a heavy emotional toll. In reality I should have been excited about getting the box because I really do like the earrings, and the rest of it was some sizing and repair work of really nice pieces, but I'm just kind of having a little bit of a daily struggle. It will pass eventually.

Sending you diamond donuts or something equally uplifting.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@pearaffair - because of your simple question in this thread, “What else (besides studs)?” - I started thinking more about that aqua that has been sitting, unloved... :)

I would love any and all input from the group, please!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list is simple and may not be realized because I have so much bling I cannot wear most of it.

1. Diamond Tennis necklace. 15" and delicate with 4 pointers. Platinum.
I literally have more than 20 beautiful necklaces. Ask when I wear necklaces. Hardly ever. Ask me why I want a tennis necklace. IDK. :lol:

2. Diamond studs. I am a dangly earring girl. Mainly antique earrings. I already have MRB studs from BN. They are just over 8mm in diameter with the diamond micropave halo. BN does not make these earrings anymore. I love them. But for some reason I have an urge for bigger diamond studs. Though I wear my dangles way more than I wear studs. Though with the mask wearing studs are easier. Anyway the heart wants what the heart wants for now at least. And if bigger diamond studs come my way who am I to complain? ;-)
As for OEC vs MRB studs I have not decided. I want bright and beautiful so whichever fits that criteria. For OEC studs I would need large to appeciate the facets and my budget might not allow for that so I am open to whichever I can get that are large and white and bright. For studs and a tennis necklace I need white.

That's it. That is all that is on my wishlist for the next year or so. Somewhere past that timeframe I also want to reset Bubbalah but further down the road when life calms down re the pandemic at least.

Happy bling hunting lovelies. Enjoy and please share the fruits of your blingy labor. :)

Here are my inspiration photos.

diamondtennisnecklaceonneck.png

My studs are really beautiful and white and bright but for some reason I have an urge for larger. Not sure how long that urge will last but time will tell.
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.42.38 AM.png

So once again my wish list has changed. And that is not to say it won't change again because it is very likely to. LOL. But at the moment a pair of OEC studs in a higher color are on my wish list.

So scratch the tennis necklace. IF I get the urge to wear one I have the one above which is quite sparkly and eye catching. And I already have MRB studs and while I thought I wanted larger ones I don't. My lobes aren't too large and my piercings are a bit uneven and a bit low so much larger would be too large and not look right on my ears. IMO.

So the only item left on my wish list (and one I didn't even know I wanted before) are OEC studs. In a higher color. So good luck to me finding those at a price point that won't break my bank. LOL.

:)

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
1) I want an emerald cross, I have my eye on a particular one, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it
2) Diamond tennis bracelet
3) I'm getting a strand of faux pearls strung (10mm golden south seas)
4) I'd like a Chanel strand of faux pearls eventually
5) A 3 stone sapphire ring would be divine

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
adding 3 more to my list from earlier

color diamond cluster or 3 stone

a corundum (medium blue sapphire or ruby) cluster or 3 stone

an australian (milky or crystal) opal

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not on my wish list, as I can never say no to more earrings, and have made enquiries about a pair of 12mm studs with paved diamonds, in what I would call a drawing pin design.

I have also made enquiries to replace the 1in/25mm (without the bail) massive puffed heart paved diamond pendant that I sold last year when I needed the money (I was really gutted about the sale, however, I had no choice). I am replacing it with a smaller one that is more wearable in 20mm in diameter.

The design is a slider pendant with a bail that can be folded down, so that I could wear it both as a slider on a wire chain as well as a traditional pendant with a box chain. This is a lot more affordable than a 4/5ct lab/MMD heart!!! :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really should not have ventured into Lab/MMD territory, as I am going down a rabbit hole!!! :roll2:

It's OK, no need to send search party yet! :lol-2:

I am adding a pair of pears lab/MMDs between 0.75 to 0.9ct each, to make into interchangeable drops for my existing small diamond huggies, or for the huggies I am having made with larger stones for more dressy occasions!

I shall allocate next year's bling budget for a medium blue 8-9mm Sapphire in Jeff W's signature Asscher cut to lab/MMDs projects instead. :Up_to_something::lol-2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
yes, @dk168 that is why ...

no mmd(s) for me, cannot open that pandora box of laboratory jewels

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results