shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Projects for 2020

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inspired by @winnietucker's thread, what are your bling projects for 2020?

For me, reuniting with my jewellery is the first and foremost (too embarrassed to tell the tale right now).

I would like to set my mum's MRB either as a pendant or in a bracelet.

I would like to set some of my CSs and at least one of my lab-created CSs as rings.

Lastly, I would like to start paying towards a significant stone to be cut by Jeff White, a 8mm stone, likely to be a round neon pink Sapphire, an oval or a round Tsavorite Garnet, or a top colour Sapphire in his signature Asscher cut (I want a windmill).

A Moissy bezel set tennis bracelet is on the card too.

So is a pair of flower cluster diamond stud earrings.

If I don't set my mum's MRB as a pendant, then I shall get a diamond pendant, most likely to be a smaller version of the paved puff heart pendant that I used to have (now sold) so that it is more wearable.

How about anyone else?

DK :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any bling projects in the works but there is a necklace and earrings at Costco I would like to have. My 40th anniversary is next July and I would love to have either a blue sapphire ring or a Pad piece. We have so much going on though it might have to wait.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None planned but you know what they say about plans...generally re bling I go with my heart and without a list. I never say never but this year I am not planning to buy any bling. If something spectacular falls into my lap however I won't kick it out. :halo:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My projects are always impulsive as I am cursed with instant gratification and impatience, lol.
But. I am soo excited bc my sister has gotten bitten by the diamond bug and wants me to help her find the perfect diamond in her 15 k range. It’s fun but there’s a lot of ground to cover and she does not want to purchase online, so we are very limited! Gonna be a challenge that’s for sure!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the process of selling my shared prong diamond eternity band as it is too blingy for my lifestyle. I plan on replacing it with something smaller but I can't decide what. A smaller shared prong perhaps, or something with french cuts in rose gold, ala CVB? I'm also hoping to get a small cushion solitaire in rose gold for a RHR.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I started a 2020 wish list thread on another forum...Funny that, bc a lot of those items on my wish list have now been fulfilled/ have started and are going to be finalised in 2020!

So...finalising my 2019/2020 projects:

- collect the VCA VA 5-motif lapis pave bracelet that I've already paid for
- pay for and collect my VCA lapis RdN
- hopefully (not sure yet) pay for and collect VCA VA lapis pave 20-motif necklace
- collect the Perlee turquoise earrings when they're done
- set a pair of Tanzanites into halo'ed earrings

Hopefully and finally, I will get round to setting Holly into an Emilya setting or the same setting as @icy_jade's. This might end up being a 2021 project.

Beyond this, I really have no more items on my wish list, other than a VCA VA 5-motif TQ bracelet and a pair of VCA Alhambra TQ earrings (hopefully Magic). These are my far-in-the-future projects.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some rings that need sized and mum's pearls and my cherry amber necklase to be restrung so i can wear them
I need to also find some jewleey that is misplaced somewhere
4 rings, a silver braclete and a tanzanite pendant
They were purchased with my inheritance from my mother so im a bit frantic about it

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few projects...l.
set the sapphire in the ring mount.
set the Alexandrite in the ring mount
convert the aquamarine screw on earrings to pierced
convert the rose gold and rose diamond brooch to a bracelet
solder on 3 charms onto my charm bracelet
finish my watch conversion with the jade earring
and set in the white sapphire in the ring mount.
but mostly stop buying other stuff for projects until I do the projects I already have!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have to resize my wedding rings or reset them. I can only wear one right now. It's too tight to stack. :cry2::cry2:

I think I have to repair some pearl earrings that my mother in law gave me. They were her mother's. I believe it was a gift from her husband from the 1930s or 1940s. I think it's rose gold with tiny seed pearls and one pearl fell out. I don't even know how to open the clasp to wear them. Not my style at all but thought I would fix it for my daughter. Even though she says she doesn't like jewelry right now.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
View attachment 726483 0140D9EA-43AE-4DE9-9D94-7AFB13244A11.jpeg View attachment 726483 0140D9EA-43AE-4DE9-9D94-7AFB13244A11.jpeg I purchased a loose 2.62 carat OEC a few months back. My plan is to set it for my 40th birthday next year. I’m still undecided as to set it in a 3 stone with antique pears (already found a local source and someone who can set it in a beautiful tri wire setting) or as a moi et toi with an emerald. I’m on the coloured stone forum trying to learn as much as I can about emeralds and hope I can find something that fits in budget.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@RosieR you know I adore emeralds but would do a separate ring for that and make a three stone out of this but just my two cents.

Thanks @Sunstorm is this because emeralds are so fragile? I’m hoping to wear this ring most days as a right hand ring. It’s a k colour but faces up like a I/j do you think this would look bad with an emerald? I’m happy for any input as I’m still in the research/decision making phase

edited to say sorry for the three jack @dk168 I’ve started another thread to ask questions on www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-ring-a-dumb-idea.253546/

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing major but planning on changing my 1ctw studs into shepard hook earrings instead.

I have a big birthday coming up in 2021 so probably nothing major until then:confused2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 small projects currently in the works at DK which may or may not be ready by end of 2019 so I'll include them here (first 3):

- Replicate my mom's wedding band that I lost (simple late 1960s design)
- Size up my french cut eternity band to fit my ever-swelling fingers
- Re-set the diamonds from my 7-stone band into a YG Victorian style ring
- Use the pear sides from my old Leon Mege ring to create a bowed double-heart two-tone ring with rosie halo
- Re-set my 3.2 cttw ACA eternity band into a 3-row Georgian-style two-tone ring

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HO HO I have big plans, but who knows if I will do one of them.

1) fix my crappy tennis bracelet, bought it on a cruise bigo mistako but I'm stuck with it.
2) reset my 1.61 I VVS2 stone in a pendant

3) take all of the crappy 1980s jewelry and pulling out the usuable diamonds and making some kind of cool 18k gold ring with lotsa of little diamonds.

4) to dream about a 1.5 OEC for a pendant (never gonna happen but I can dream)

5) sell some of the stuff that I can't stand for the gold prices.

6) dream about a platinum diamond bangle..

Happy Christmas, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah! :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Size up my french cut eternity band to fit my ever-swelling fingers

Oh! May I ask how you will have this done? I have a similar problem with my French cut eternity. Wish it were 1/4-1/2 size bigger..are you having it remade or somehow adding a new stone or two?

I’m on a bling ban otherwise...Finding it very hard to stay away from PS though. :wall:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a few ideas I’m hoping to see materialize this year! This first one I actually just started but won’t be done until the new year. I found a local jeweler & I’m giving her a shot with this ring. These little gems below are mostly shades of blue. I already gave her the three emerald cuts on the bottom. I ABSOLUTELY luuuuv Madly gems on Instagram & are using them as inspiration. I’d like a mix of colors and shapes kind of like their two photos I attached. I have been searching & finding gems for months & months for this project! I’m really hoping for something kind of spectacular! Fingers crossed!

8EC63D16-169A-40FF-B28C-94D0C636B2A9.jpeg AFAE0E4B-9D03-4AFB-A8D9-3848C465E712.jpeg B490840F-D72A-4CC2-AB4A-0D46C4624C78.jpeg 77E40E35-A955-4DC2-86FE-126150B451AC.jpeg

Last edited:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These two that are quite similar in color might work as a toi et moi. I really like the artistic style of Cheyenne Weil on Instagram so I was thinking if reaching out to her for this one. I’m seeing the cranberry one wrapped in a white metal snowflake & the orange one wrapped in a yellow metal maple/oak leaf. Fall & winter are favorite seasons of mine!

DF57C23A-BB22-4710-B4DE-0C8F796AA865.jpeg 9B8710F2-D58A-4F44-9EA3-DB1B7EC5DBC5.jpeg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to get a lab emerald, but am so washy washy on the color who knows.

I'll likely keep stalking estate and vintage shops.

There are a couple stones I'd love to acquire from Yvonne.

Hunt for a Pad colored stone continues, occured to me I ought to try one and see if the color suits.

Oh and casually looking for a big sister to these two. They are small but mighty. Il l have to start a thread :)

20191216_163719.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2020 is a very big year for me so I'm on the hunt for a 3 or 3+ ct EC, OEC or AVR. Whichever one shows up first, lol. I have to say though that I totally dislike the hunt. My hubby is having a fun old time with this but I do not enjoy it at all. It's frustrating as all get out to me. Now when it's time to design the setting, then I'll have some fun.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! May I ask how you will have this done? I have a similar problem with my French cut eternity. Wish it were 1/4-1/2 size bigger..are you having it remade or somehow adding a new stone or two?

I’m on a bling ban otherwise...Finding it very hard to stay away from PS though. :wall:

Hi @Slick1 :wavey: My FC eternity was made by David Klass several years ago and fortunately has enough metal on the inner surface of the shank to "shave down" without compromising the structural integrity....so that's what he's going to do. 8) The other option was to re-make the ring and add a diamond or two, but David advised against it since we have the shave-down option, and remaking it would've cost a fortune.The original size of the ring was 4 and I'm not sure if it will become a 4 1/4 or 4 1/2, but either way, it'll be an improvement. My winter finger size is 3.75 and my summer size is 4.5 to 4.75. (yes, I swell A TON depending on weather) This modification should help.

You may want to bring your ring to a trusted jeweler to see if yours has enough metal to shave down. Hope this helps!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling Thank you very much for your thorough reply. I have had the insides of eternities shaved down for size as well. Mine was made by DK as well, but I do not think I have enough room to do that. Oh well, just wondered if there was something magical I missed. Thanks again! Love your bling!

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My bling project for 2020 is custom made, PS diamonds hoops, 2 inches. I have the countdown started and I have budgeted for them already. But first, I need to make sure that there is $X amount of money in our savings before I take on such a project. Priorities people! 30 more weeks to go! Woo-hoo!

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My bling project for 2020 is custom made, PS diamonds hoops, 2 inches. I have the countdown started and I have budgeted for them already. But first, I need to make sure that there is $X amount of money in our savings before I take on such a project. Priorities people! 30 more weeks to go! Woo-hoo!

I should also add that each diamond is around 0.3 carats each ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2020 is a very big year for me so I'm on the hunt for a 3 or 3+ ct EC, OEC or AVR. Whichever one shows up first, lol. I have to say though that I totally dislike the hunt. My hubby is having a fun old time with this but I do not enjoy it at all. It's frustrating as all get out to me. Now when it's time to design the setting, then I'll have some fun.

Oooh so exciting @Catmom! And I love the hunt so I am happy to help if you want any company in the search. If not I look forward to seeing what you score! But if you do want more eyes on this could you share details so we can better help? Living vicariously through you as I am not upgrading my OEC stone anymore. I am finally completely satiated re my OEC. Very excited re your old/old-new cut project!

None planned but you know what they say about plans...generally re bling I go with my heart and without a list. I never say never but this year I am not planning to buy any bling. If something spectacular falls into my lap however I won't kick it out. :halo:

And so it happened. I fell in love. Pretty fast too and I wasn't even looking. :lol:
Not a project per se but an antique pair of dangle earrings. Just what I needed.8)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh so exciting @Catmom! And I love the hunt so I am happy to help if you want any company in the search. If not I look forward to seeing what you score! But if you do want more eyes on this could you share details so we can better help? Living vicariously through you as I am not upgrading my OEC stone anymore. I am finally completely satiated re my OEC. Very excited re your old/old-new cut project!

And so it happened. I fell in love. Pretty fast too and I wasn't even looking. :lol:
Not a project per se but an antique pair of dangle earrings. Just what I needed.8)

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 8.01.29 PM.png

Ooooo, I can't wait to see more pictures of those babies! Beautiful!!

Thank you so much for your kind offer but I think I found the one. It's an EC, GIA I VVS2, 3.01cts. Only 2 tiny pinpoints on the edge which are impossible to find even with the loupe. Full of fire. My picture makes it look yellow but it's really not. Hubby was wearing a yellow sweater which I think was reflecting. It's a little longer than I thought I wanted but we will add some trapezoids to balance it out. I'll try and get some better photos on Monday when we go look at trapezoids. The setting is being custom made, very vintage in style which is why I went with a warmer diamond. Lots of scroll work, engraving and milgraining. It's going to take a while to make so I'm going to have to be patient. I don't know if I can, lol.

IMG_6596[1].jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results