shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling on a size six finger???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

This thread is wonderful and everyone has such fabulous rings.

I''m just starting out and am looking into various shapes, sizes and settings for rings. this place is so helpful.

I have roughly size 6 fingers which around these parts seems really big. i honestly can''t imagine how teeny a 3.5 finger must be??? anyway, i''m really interested in looking at hand shots of people with about the same size. does anyone know if there already is such a thread?

thanks for all your help.

35.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out the eye-candy thread where people post their rings and ring sizes too...also almost every person who posts a ring usually posts a ring size too. I don''t think there is a thread with just size 6 rings though!

There are alot of 6''s on here, I am one of them! It''s an average size IMO!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, check out those links for some ideas. Don''t feel bad, I''m a 7 because I have man-hands with huge knuckles! I see all these people getting size 4 and 5 rings and I am so envious! Well, convince your signifigant other that since you have a bigger ring size, you will need a bigger diamond to even out the look!
11.gif
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
What an excellent suggestion, Irish
11.gif
11.gif

Thanks for the links, but if anyone specifically wants to post their ring -- i would love to see them!!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I aim to please!
2.gif
Don''t tell your SO that you got the idea from PS, he will start trying to convince you to stay off here!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL, irish eyes. It does seem fair that the diamond size be proportionate to finger size, right?
11.gif
12.gif

Here''s a link for bling on size 7 fingers (like mine!) Hope it helps.

Size 7 rings...

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there!

here is a picture of my right hand ring which is a size 5.75 which is close. (eh I can get away with a size 6 too) sorry its a close up, probably doesnt give you much perspective...

My jeweler concurs that a size 6 is very average! I also never thought I had large fingers til I discovered PS, didnt I read on here once some one has a pinky size of 3/4??? I cant even imagine! My pinky is like a size 4!

There are also some ladies here who have such tiny fingers they cant fit side stones on their rings...so I say amen to bigger fingers...more room for more bling! LOL

solsar 004.jpg

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a size 6 on both ring fingers (which most jewelers say is really rare!!). The benefit is I can switch my rings from my left to right hand.

Here''s a pic of my w-set.

Sz6AXO.jpg

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
BrightSpot - Hee hee, I know!! Damn, I wish I thought of that before I got married!! "Hey honey, my ring size is a 7. That means I need 2.5-3 carats for the ceter stone to make my fingers and the ring proportionate!!"
9.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 4:03:25 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
I''m a size 6 on both ring fingers (which most jewelers say is really rare!!). The benefit is I can switch my rings from my left to right hand.

Here''s a pic of my w-set.

I wear the same size ring on each ring finger too! But I have always been known to be a rare and unique person
41.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
AChiO: your ring is lovely, I too fancy the emerald cut. what size stone is that beautiful center stone?

Good to hear that a six isn't some freakishly large size and I certainly can't complain if that lets me get some more diamond in my ring (too bad about pesky budgets grrrrrr)
29.gif
29.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 5:59:42 PM
Author: lovelylulu
AChiO: your ring is lovely, I too fancy the emerald cut. what size stone is that beautiful center stone?
Good to hear that a six isn''t some freakishly large size and I certainly can''t complain if that let''s me get some more diamond in my ring (too bad about pesky budgets grrrrrr)
29.gif
29.gif

LL..thank you so much...ECs are such a beautiful cut, aren''t they?!
2.gif
My center stone is 1.03 carats and the setting (both rings) is an additional 1.23 carats.

As for those pesky budgets, I don''t think that''ll depend on any finger size!! They''re all pesky irregardless! LOL

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, not sure if it''ll help but this is what a 70pt diamond centre looks on my chubby 5.5 finger. My fingers are all flesh, would be nice there was less meat so my diamonds look bigger
2.gif
!

70ptHand.JPG

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
My fingers are about a 7 1/4 but I had my rings sized at a 7 1/2 for when my fingers swell and one definitely starts to get a complex around here when see how many rings are under a size 6 :)

DSC00126.GIF

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my size 6 fingers and e-ring, wedding band coming in 1 month and 2 1/2 weeks (but who''s counting?).

It''s kind of funny, I was a frequent flier on this site WAY before I got engaged, and became fixated on my size 6 fingers, and actually convinced my boyfriend that I had large hands. A couple of minutes after he proposed, when we were both admiring my new rock, he said he was so relieved that the ring "fit" my fingers.

DSC013201.JPGsmall.jpg

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
one more shot.....

DSC013621.JPGsmall.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, all the rings posted here are GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
I can''t wait until my BF decides to slip one onto my national average sized ring finger!!!!
25.gif

The only thing is that I would really appreciate it if people would also post the size of their diamond.

I''m trying to figure what size might suit me. Even though I may
2.gif
want a honker of a diamond some day, this would be my first piece of authentic bling and I want to find a size that I feel comfortable with. Kind of a goldilocks thing....

I know that I should just go to some stores and try on rings to find that perfect size stone, but alas I am captive here at my desk studying for the NY bar exam!!!!!!!!!
29.gif

It''ll be over soon (though NOT soon enough) and then I can really start the search, but until July 27th...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 5:16:35 PM
Author: IrishEyes
BrightSpot - Hee hee, I know!! Damn, I wish I thought of that before I got married!! ''Hey honey, my ring size is a 7. That means I need 2.5-3 carats for the ceter stone to make my fingers and the ring proportionate!!''
9.gif
LOL--perhaps an upgrade is in order in the future now that you''re aware of the new rule?
31.gif
I''m going for a halo for a little more finger cover. (unfortunately, not a 2.5-3 ct rock! LOL)

AChi...what a gorgeous set! I love ECs w/ baguettes--so sleek & classic!

lilyinct--I too have become somewhat fixated on my large hands & fingers since joining PS! Oh well--I''m 5''10"--what did I expect!?
11.gif
I think your ring fits your fingers just beautifully! Yum! I can''t wait to see it w/ your new wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results