shape
carat
color
clarity

"blaze" diamond from Bez ambar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond student

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a blaze diamond and do they really h
4.gif
4.gif
ave the extra fire or is it just a gimmick?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please post a link so that we all can read more about it? Why it''s so special, etc.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 5:11:37 PM
Author:diamond student
Does anyone have a blaze diamond and do they really h
4.gif
4.gif
ave the extra fire or is it just a gimmick?
Is the co called blaze diamond? if so I think that they don''t have extra fire. There are wonderful vendors up top under Resources and then vendors. I bought my stone from WF and it is plenty firey. Welcome to PS btw.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It kind of looks like opposed bar cut that they sometimes do for gem stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link, Zerj.

Certainly looks like the opposed bar cut, Skippy. My guess is yes, it might have larger flashes of fire but only under the right lighting conditions. I would hazard a guess that it will not score well in the white light and scintallation department due to the cut. Also with so few facets and large ones, it would most likely show a lot of body colour and inclusions who the buyer would have to go much higher in colour and clarity for the stone to appear colourless and eye clean. Very unique cut though.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lazy cutter''s princess
2.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can only get so much "dispersion" (fire) from a diamond. The way to get the most is to wear it in multiple source, pinpoint direct lighting instead of diffused lighting.

I suppose you will get larger flashes of fire from larger facets. We have seen this with old cut diamonds for many years. For a tiny number of people who want to see more dispersion at the expense of total light return, this new cut might make them pleased. I''d love to see a few of them close up for an inspection. Maybe I''d understand more about how they look overall.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 8:48:55 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Looks like a lazy cutter''s princess
2.gif
Only 13 facets? Superstitious people might not want to go for this one.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2008 1:25:32 PM
Author: oldminer
You can only get so much ''dispersion'' (fire) from a diamond. The way to get the most is to wear it in multiple source, pinpoint direct lighting instead of diffused lighting.

I suppose you will get larger flashes of fire from larger facets. We have seen this with old cut diamonds for many years. For a tiny number of people who want to see more dispersion at the expense of total light return, this new cut might make them pleased. I''d love to see a few of them close up for an inspection. Maybe I''d understand more about how they look overall.
I saw the stone..., its an interesting concept..., it looks very bright (white light return)..., but it comes at a cost of color spectrum (in my opinion)...

The angle''s incorporated in the cut are too similar/narrow in terms of degree range plus the limited number of facets are causing a limited contrast!

Its especially attractive in small Diamonds

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 4:21:17 PM
Author: DiaGem

You can only get so much ''dispersion'' (fire) from a diamond. The way to get the most is to wear it in multiple source, pinpoint direct lighting instead of diffused lighting.

I saw the stone..., its an interesting concept..., it looks very bright (white light return)..., but it comes at a cost of color spectrum (in my opinion)...

The angle''s incorporated in the cut are too similar/narrow in terms of degree range plus the limited number of facets are causing a limited contrast!

So is this more like the single cut diamonds?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2008 5:28:40 PM
Author: Chrono

Similar but..., not realy..., you dont have the 35+/- degree crown + 41+/- degree pavilion combo...

Its more of a super flat crown in combination with a steep pavilion (I am not sure that there are more than 4 mains on the pavilion)...
Its a different concept..., more like the checkerboard from the colored stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 5:50:06 PM

Date: 5/5/2008 5:28:40 PM
Author: Chrono

Similar but..., not realy..., you dont have the 35+/- degree crown + 41+/- degree pavilion combo...

Its more of a super flat crown in combination with a steep pavilion (I am not sure that there are more than 4 mains on the pavilion)...

Its a different concept..., more like the checkerboard from the colored stones.

OH....I got it now. Thanks, Diagem.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results