shape
carat
color
clarity

Blancing diamond characteristics for brilliance

keithcz

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, diamond newbie here. I would love to get some advice from the helpful community here!

My girlfriend loves the look of a Bvlgari ring - thick and squarish edges. However their rings are way out of my budget. I've taken a look around James Allen and have selected a setting that I think quite closely approximates the ''feel" of a Bvlgari.

Setting here

What do you guys think?

Some diamonds that I have shortlisted:
Diamond 1
Diamond 2
Diamond 3
Diamond 4

I would appreciate it if you experts could chime in on the cut, the colour and clarity of the diamonds, and how to best balance these characteristics for maximum brilliance for the lowest price. My guess would be that it's more of an art than an exact science, but I would still be very interested in your opinions.

A million thanks in advance!

Keith

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you show us which Bvlgari ring she likes?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of the stones you posted, I would lean more toward 3. H, VS is a great combo as well. Can't really recommend any others as I don't know the price range of these four to compare to.

keithcz

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1459373873|4013348 said:

this is the one she likes!

MissGotRocks said:
Out of the stones you posted, I would lean more toward 3. H, VS is a great combo as well. Can't really recommend any others as I don't know the price range of these four to compare to.

Thanks for your input. :) Any comments on the cut of the diamonds?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the last 3 are no available - I hope you have them on hold. The last one looks like some of the inclusions may be visible. Run the numbers through the HCA - you want a number under 2, but once under 2 lower is not better. Then ask for idealscope images on them.

keithcz

Rough_Rock
ecf8503 said:
I see the last 3 are no available - I hope you have them on hold. The last one looks like some of the inclusions may be visible. Run the numbers through the HCA - you want a number under 2, but once under 2 lower is not better. Then ask for idealscope images on them.

Hello! I actually have four of them reserved pending the idealscope results.

Thanks for pointing me to the HCA, had to google that one. Will run the numbers through it.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
keithcz|1459362106|4013214 said:
Hi guys, diamond newbie here. I would love to get some advice from the helpful community here!

My girlfriend loves the look of a Bvlgari ring - thick and squarish edges. However their rings are way out of my budget. I've taken a look around James Allen and have selected a setting that I think quite closely approximates the ''feel" of a Bvlgari.

Keith

Hey mate - rather than settling for a design that may not be exactly what you're wanting, once you decide on a vendor to use, if you give them your preferred design/ideas for the ring, they'd be able to work with you to give you pretty much exactly what you're (she's) looking for...often without the accompanying 'branded' price tag ;-)
Hope this helps

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
keithcz|1459435641|4013661 said:
tyty333|1459373873|4013348 said:

this is the one she likes!

MissGotRocks said:

Thanks for your input. :) Any comments on the cut of the diamonds?

but, but, but...the one you picked is nothing like the one from bulgari that she likes?

I think this one would be more like what she would want...and this is a gorgeous setting.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/14k-white-gold-tailored-diamond-engagement-ring-item-41042

There is also this one but it has a little bit of an antique feeling due to the milgrain and it doesnt sound like your GF would be
interested in that. On second thought I think this one IS more like the Bulgari ring ...just ask for it without the milgrain.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/vintage/vintage-inspired-open-row-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-item-49486

I personally consider either of these 2 rings nicer and closer to the bulgari that she likes compared to the first one you picked.

I would go with stone 2 or 4. 1 is badly cut(shows leakage) and 3 is too deep. See if you can get ASETS on 2 and 4.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results