shape
carat
color
clarity

Blackened 22k Gold and Diamonds

ROSECUTS13

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know how this look is achieved? I love this Designers work but when I ask about blacked 22k gold, noone seems to think it can be done. 20190727_145033.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's black rhodium. Just like white gold is rhodium "dipped"/plated, this is the same thing, except the rhodium is blackened.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are also antiquing solutions that can be painted on (xl gel, max black, etc.)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s only on one side... could it be enamel?

The black rhodium plating I’ve seen are over the entire ring/piece. Not just on one side/selected surfaces.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be done with enamel or even some kinds of paint. It could also be done by using silver and gold (silver for the parts you want to blacken) and using liver of sulfur on the silver portions. The designers who are telling you it can't be done OP boggle my mind a little though b/c blackened gold is not unheard of and there are lots of ways to get that effect.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cathy Waterman, right? https://www.twistonline.com/products/black-and-white-diamond-moderne-ring

If Cathy Waterman's bench can do it, any decent bench can. I say this as someone who has owned a few of her pieces, and the craftsmanship is not the best.

CvB is able to do it:

il_794xN.1952840630_brp5.jpg

David Klass can also add black rhodium plating to pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results