shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Veil - Am I Insane?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will look really nice with your dress. I also second the suggestion of wearing white pearl earrings and other accessories to brighten up the look.

I know you don't want to offend your in laws, but in the end it's your day, and it would be awful for you to feel regret over how you looked just to appease someone else. They may be offended by the veil, but they'll get over it. In the grand scheme of things it's not important to them, but since you only get one wedding, it is important to you.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look gorgeous, but just in case you''re scared of pi$$ing off the in-laws you could do these studded black flowers in a cool hairstyle

2259b79deeed5f0e.jpg

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
i love it!
36.gif
i think it will look really pretty. and you shouldnt worry about what your inlaws think about what you wear, its your wedding!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that looks like it would be very pretty, and not overwhelming at all. Could you possibly put something white in your hair to play off of it even more though, like a flower/feather or similar? I think that would be really lovely and would clearly put it in "wedding appropriate" territory.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The veil looks fabulous, very classy even! It will express your personality, after all, it''s your big day! Can''t wait to see your pics
1.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think that veil would be perfect with your dress!! I love it. :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:18:29 PM
Author: Inanna
Ok, when I first read the name of this thread, ''Black Veil - Am I Insane'' I initially thought, yes, she has to be insane.

BUT, after seeing the dress and the birdcage veil I REALLY LOVE IT! It goes really well with your dress and very subtle. It''s perfect if you ask me.

ditto. I thought the same. My initial thought was definitely funeral but I think the birdcage veil goes perfectly. Balancing it with something white is a good idea too for keeping the IL''s on side.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always been an advocate for showing off your own style at a wedding. I intend to do the same at mine, despite the fact that I went for an ivory dress in the end after considering having a red and black one made. All my accessories will be to my usual taste.

I think your dress is stunning and the veil will look lovely with it. So black isn''t a traditional wedding colour. Who cares? It is your day and you should feel comfortable whatever you choose to wear. In this day and age anything goes as far as weddings are concerned.

I think you should wear it with pride if that is what you want.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I say go for it! I think a black birdcage will look great with your dress, which is beautiful by the way!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 4:38:35 PM
Author: brooklyngirl
I think it will look really nice with your dress. I also second the suggestion of wearing white pearl earrings and other accessories to brighten up the look.

Yes! And I think it would also provide some contrast and interest if you do B/W photos of your face that are relatively close-up.

This is a beautiful look! Either veil style is elegant: The cage reminds me of Sophia Loren or Anna Magnani in a classic film noir style...

The second, with the black lace trim reminds me of a Chanel/Parisian sophisticated-yet-romantic style.

I personally love it. It looks avant-garde and chic without trying too hard to be different for the mere sake of being different, KWIM? It has panache.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the replies (as usual I don''t have time to read them all right now. Will look more closely and make more replies) Just the first few. FrekeChild I think we''re both getting married at the Flamingo, aren''t we? (did we talk about this in January on another thread? Sorry if I got it wrong....) We''re doing it August 1st (SUCH a bad date to get married in Vegas I know.... it just kinda worked out that way.... hey, maybe we''ll get a good deal on the hotel room? LOL. If we don''t melt first) We''re doing it outside on the grounds at 5:00 PM. Then dinner in AIR CONDITIONING!

Re: Jewishness - my boyfriend''s family isn''t super religious. I spent TWO Christmases with him at his SISTER''S place! She made us our own stockings and everything so.... obviously they aren''t that strict or whatever (the weird part is that my boyfriend still isn''t that comfortable with me putting up MY tree, in MY place - figure THAT out. I''m not even CHRISTIAN. I just like Christmas trees - it''s SILVER for crying out loud...) He eats ham and cheese sandwiches, all that stuff.....

I''m thinking maybe I should just totally skip the veil and just wear a fascinator (WHO comes up with these names by the way? A FASCINATOR? Seriously??) with a little bit of the same sort of material gathered into it. I get the feeling I might feel like I''m wearing a costume. Like I''m "dressed up" as a bride, you know? (I love all this girly stuff but at the same time it REALLY isn''t me. I SO want to get some big ol'' kick A** black and white Doc Martins to wear under my dress - if the wedding wasn''t in August I SWEAR I would TOTALLY do it) Check THESE suckers out..... oh YEAH......

bwdocs.jpg

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Whoa, baby! Those are some kick a$$ marryin'' boots!
9.gif

I love them! I had no idea Docs came in patterns & styles like that?

(Throw some ice cubes in the bottom of them, and you should be just fine in Viva*wink*)

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hey, Jodie!

Ally again
9.gif

I meant to ask, did you find your beautiful dress in a local Vancouver area bridal salon, or did you whip over the line to the actual McClintock store in Seattle?

I''ve been considering getting the similar dress (the version with the lace in the bodice only). They refer to mine as "Emily". I''ve never actually seen it in ''real life'', so I''m thinking a trip to lovely Seattle may be in order here!

https://www.jessicamcclintock.com/wcsstore/jmcstore1/IMAGES/54228F.JPG

Does the back of your dress sit quite "low" on your back, or does it fall "higher up"? The don''t have any pixs of the back of the dress on their site...

Any info would be much appreciated! Thx!

Happy Friday All!
21.gif

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
I have to say I was a little "eh" when I read the title of the post, but that veil will go great with the dress. I also agree with maybe looking into doing some pearls or even some Victorian era type jewlery (like chandalier earrings maybe).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I like the veil with the dress, too. If you don''t want to go for as dramatic a look, I think you could also do a fascinator made with some of the netting incorporated in it. There are a ton like this on etsy. Or, even do both. I am pretty sure I am going with a birdcage and a fascinator.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I don''t even know what a fascinator is! But I think I''d skip the black veil for a wedding. I think your dress is really pretty, though!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read all the responses yet, but that is a GORGEOUS dress!

I was thinking an ivory veil with sheer black lace edging would be fab -- like a delicate camisole effect?

Pretty!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:59:30 PM
Author: rockzilla
I think by balancing it out with say, a white flower, the veil would look very lovely.
Ditto. The birdcage look is beautiful btw.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the dress, and I LOVE the BLACK birdcage veil! Do you have pictures of the dress IRL??

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:11:17 PM
Author:mausketeer
Okay guys, I know the opinions tend to run rather conservative on here but I'm going to give this a shot anyways.....
Really?? I don't think so!

I think you should go for the black veil. It looks fab!

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
That dress and veil are beautiful! *_* And very elegant. As a guest, I certainly would not mind :D And I love those boots too. I like your style ~_^ It''s certainly along the lines of what I would like to be able to pull of at my wedding.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great and that you should go for it! It''s very Dita Von Teese if you don''t mind me saying.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results