shape
carat
color
clarity

"Black-Tie Optional" what to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It should all come together...cannot wait to see it.

I am glad the lashes worked. I love makeup and am good at it but lashes like that are tricky. Sometimes it is easier to have someone do them, like nails, because one side always suffers. I am left handed and think it makes it awkward for me to get the job done. Did you try the gel/cream liner? I absolutely adore them, they go on so nicely and wear so well. The color choices are incredible, Bobbi Brown has great ones, includling a chocolate shimmer liner that would look great. I am envisioning a version of a smokey eye but with browns and a shimmery tone on the brow bone, with a light shimmery lip and a bit of pop on the cheeks, but not too much. (this presumes you wear the brown and pink combo, if not, I would wear black, do a smokey eye/light lip using dark greys and black liner, and then I would do a neutral nail polish and the dark on my toes...very cool looking and appropriate.

I know you are aware of the people going and how you will look, and I applaud it but also you can be young and fresh and totally in line with what is right...so be you, elegant and cool without being too trendy...and a little black dress could be great too if the other does not work out...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh, both the dresses are at the "cleaners," the pink one is being altered (too much material in the back) and the black beaded one is just being cleaned....now I''m anxiety ridden as to whether either of them willl actually be "done" before I need to pick them up before my flight out! I hate this kinda stress!
emsad.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well....LBD it is. Sad to say it, but this is what I get for ordering online and expecting last minute alterations to turn out well (although I''ve never had problems in the past!)

I was able to pick up both dresses this evening, and came home all excited to try on the pink one. Tried it on, and there was STILL a ton of extra material in the back of the dress, even though I saw exactly how the tailor pinned the dress, and I thought she understood that she was to get rid of the extra. Nope, she just took in the area between my waist and hips, leaving the rest of that extra, creating a very unflattering look from the back and side view. ARgh! So now I''m stuck with this dress because I can''t return it now that it''s been altered (to the tune of $50, for pete''s sake), but I can return the clutch and shoes I purchased to match, so I guess it''s not a total loss.

So...little black dress is clean and ready-to-wear, fortunately fits better than the pink one, and I have accessories to match (including the sparkly shoes, thank god). DH did say that this will be not be a sit-down dinner type of thing, so I am happy that I won''t have to worry about the LBD riding up while sitting. OTOH, my feet will likely be killing me, lol.

New Years Resolution #1: find a new tailor. #2, find a new LBD that I actually LOVE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch - I'm sure you will be stunning in your LBD with your cute new shoes. And as for those eyelashes, you BETTER were them to the GTG!
9.gif

Too bad about the pink dress, but take it back to your tailor again and have them fix it to your satisfaction.

See you tomorrow!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, just wanted to know how it went and hear about how smashing you looked!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, thanks for asking! We had a great time...the event was at a beautiful country club out in Alpharetta, the food was fabulous and so were the desserts, lol. Here are some pics: fist one of DH and me...

atlmas06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two other gals, both of whom I''ve met many times before...they''re always super nice to me!

atlanta06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same shot but vertical this time so you can see it looks as though I''m standing on one leg, hee hee...

atlanta062.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you were a flamingo in a former life?!

Well, I think you look great. Love the dress, looks like you fit right in!

How was the makeup? I am sure it looked great!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Diamondfan, well, I was born in Fort Lauderdale...
31.gif
I guess I could have a little flamingo in me, ha!

Makeup worked out just fine...except for the fact that I remembered my eyelash glue and toothpicks but left the lashes on my bathroom counter when I left the house that morning.
7.gif
This whole thing has taught me that I really need to spend less time on the computer planning things and more time actually getting myself physically organized, hee hee. I DID wear the eyelashes to the gem show the next day, at the request of DeeJay. How funny is that?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet they looked great. I like the look if done right, otherwise I look like a hung over drag queen. Sometimes LESS is MORE, which is not my normal view! How was the gem show?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have to say that Monarch''s eyelashes were quite fab! They looked long and lush and totally real!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
you looked smashing!

and totally approriate

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay! I''m glad I got to "practice" more for the gem show, ha ha!

Lulu, thank you also...and thanks for all your input on this thread...you have great taste and I''m happy you were around to advise!
35.gif

Thanks to everyone who put their .02 in on my little dress drama...nothing like a group of PSr''s to ease the nerves of a fellow member who just needs a little reassurance! *blows kisses*
30.gif
You are all so sweet!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results