shape
carat
color
clarity

Black inclusion ONLY visible from the bottom...Buy it???

mb1234

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a stone with a black inclusion which is in the middle of the stone, but eye-clean from the top/side, and only visible from the bottom. Since it will be mounted in an engagement ring, is it safe? Is it essentially not there? Black inclusions scare me because I want an eye-clean stone, but this could be a great value. what do you guys think???

slg47

Ideal_Rock
It depends on your definition of eye-clean...some people would be fine with that and some people would not.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me- this would be eyeclean and I would buy a stone like the one you described- given that it was an ideal cut and within the color and carat range I wanted and priced competitively.

smc7277

Rough_Rock
I would too as long as I was happy with everything else.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at it in all different lighting to make sure that you cant see the inclusion? As long as you are definite
that it can only be seen from the bottom then it would be "eye-clean" enough for me in my book.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the clarity grade?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
If by "is it safe" you mean "is it durable", I can't imagine it should affect the durability of the stone.

If by "is it safe" you mean "will anyone else see the inclusion", no one could really say. Eyeclean is subjective based on the acuity of each individual viewer. I'd focus on whether or not it's eyeclean to you and to the wearer (if that's not you). As long as it's eyeclean to the wearer, that's likely the most important thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results