shape
carat
color
clarity

Black History Month (Political)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the president could read the back of a cereal box and everyone on here would jump on him and find fault. Give him the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks and see what happens. We got four more years of this!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1486094946|4123594 said:
Jenn, I didn't read past where you stated "Chump Chat" because it's clear you've come here with an agenda and are not paying attention to details. The tone and nature of a lot of your posts overshadow the substance of your message, if any, and make your posts no longer worth my time and effort to read.

Here is a simple cliff notes version for you - the only 'agenda' in my posts - in this thread - were to call attention to the insensitive nature in which you & others 'barfed' on a Black History Month event (a sensitive topic for many) - with your own 'agendas'. :rolleyes:

I LIVE for details :lol: and facts, so it's not a matter of my lack of paying attention to either. As I said - your posts and others' speak quite clearly for themselves.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1486095834|4123601 said:
I think the president could read the back of a cereal box and everyone on here would jump on him and find fault. Give him the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks and see what happens. We got four more years of this!

April, why should I give him the benefit of the doubt..?? I don't understand why the right says this.

The right did:

1) When Obama was elected first time - the right/republicans set an agenda of obstruction, which they did for 8 years.

2) Never considered Judge Garland, (who is a centrist) at all, blocked Trump..
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/19/mitch-mcconnell-brags-obstructing-obama-supreme-court-nominee-trump-convention.html

3) shut the US government down.

4) continued war on planned parenthood

- - - - -

If my husband pulled the kind of behavior Trump did, I'd divorce him. (of course I would never marry a loudmouth anyway).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1486095848|4123602 said:
Jenn, I didn't read past where you stated "Chump Chat" because it's clear you've come here with an agenda and are not paying attention to details. The tone and nature of a lot of your posts overshadow the substance of your message, if any, and make your posts no longer worth my time and effort to read.

Here is a simple cliff notes version for you - the only 'agenda' in my posts - in this thread - were to call attention to the insensitive nature in which you & others 'barfed' on a Black History Month event (a sensitive topic for many) - with your own 'agendas'. :rolleyes:

I LIVE for details :lol: and facts, so it's not a matter of my lack of paying attention to either. As I said - your posts and others' speak quite clearly for themselves.

As yours do Jo. You are neither nobler, better nor worse than others. You are an average Trump voter (in beliefs of trump). No worries about that, the USA had what??? 47% of voting America vote for Trump, you are in good company on policy. Trump will fulfill how you want to see America go, I don't think there is any thing inherently wrong with that, a lot of people obviously felt that way, but not a majority of voters.

What you see as insensitive others see as funny and poignant and sad. Actually Trump's actions can make some people physically, morally and spiritually sick, but as I said, the America you want is what he wants (or actually I truly think Bannon wants, but he's the president). So you stand up for what you want.. That is great. As I do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I call vomit worthy content as I see it, and if you have a problem with that you are free as always to report it, since as usual you are picking apart people on a jewelry forum and defending the indefensible actions of a man you personally helped put into office.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original point was NOT about Chump; it was noting what I feel to be disrespect toward BHM by virtue of how it was framed in the original post. I would feel the same if this were Obama's meeting. Excuse me for suggesting people be sensitive to the observance of nationally-recognized historic figures. :rolleyes:

By all means, carry on with your hypocritical hate fest! :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1486138184|4123723 said:
My original point was NOT about Chump; it was noting what I feel to be disrespect toward BHM by virtue of how it was framed in the original post. I would feel the same if this were Obama's meeting. Excuse me for suggesting people be sensitive to the observance of nationally-recognized historic figures. :rolleyes:

By all means, carry on with your hypocritical hate fest! :wavey:

I'm trying to understand why you found this thread to be offensive and disrespectful to BHM when it was CLEARLY LABELED as "political", and the first post (and all subsequent ones) have been about how disrespectful Chump was towards BHM?? I'm just unclear about how and why this is bothering you, since the entire reason for the thread is due to outrage over how Chump treated this important event.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1486067223|4123390 said:
Folks, I can only tell you so many times to stop the hostility.

This includes eye rolling emojis, nasty side comments directed at others, hostility, etc.

Stop it or you will be on a time out. Fair warning that I am getting less charitable about both time outs and their length.

I think this got lost in the shuffle yesterday.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frederick Douglass is perhaps the most famous African-American abolitionist other than Harriet Tubman. He was born a slave, escaped as a 20-year-old and went on to be a world-renowned abolitionist who wrote 3 autobiographies, published a newspaper, and was an early critic of Jim Crow laws in the Reconstruction era. He died in 1895.

And now you know more than the president about someone he mentioned in a BHM speech.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frederick Douglass Opens Twitter Account from Beyond the Grave to Troll President Trump

Soooo, ummm . . . President Trump just described Frederick Douglass at a Black History Month Event as follows:
"Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice."
In response, the famed ex-slave-turned-abolitionist, suffragist, author, editor, and diplomat--who died in 1895--opened a Twitter account from the site of his interment at the Douglass family plot at Mount Hope Cemetery in Rochester, NY.

The iconic historical figure used the President's preferred medium and tone in an effort to troll him for his evident misapprehension that Mr. Douglass is currently doing "an amazing job" at anything or getting "recognized more and more," since he died 122 years ago.

@realFrederickDouglass: My autobiography, Life and Times of Frederick Douglass, is #1 best-seller on Amazon. 4x better sales than Art of the Deal! P.S. I am dead!

@realFrederickDouglass: Hope you like everything I did for women's suffrage! Even the losers, haters, and flat-chested "fives." Enjoy!

@realFrederickDouglass: Appreciate @realDonaldTrump congrats on AMAZING job I did to secretly educate myself and other slaves while still living under slavery in Maryland. My work is finally being recognized!

@realFrederickDouglass: @realDonaldTrump, your FAKE NATIONAL SECURITY immigrant BAN goes against everything I stood for (when I was alive 122 yrs ago). A horrible mess!

@realFrederickDouglass: My abolitionist paper, The North Star, has much better coverage of me than the failing New York Times has of @realDonaldTrump!

@realFrederickDouglass: @realDonaldTrump pretended to know who I was when he obviously has no ****ing idea. VERY DISHONEST!

@realFrederickDouglass: I will be asking for an investigation into the MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD that led to black ppl and women not voting for entire first half of U.S. history!

@realFrederickDouglass: My keynote speech at Emancipation Memorial was highest rated speech with biggest crowd ever! DISHONEST CNN chose not to cover it. TERRIBLE!

@realFrederickDouglass: Only thing I have in common with @realDonaldTrump is that we both had a bankruptcy and failed business! (Freedman's Savings Bank and New Era newspaper). SAD!

@realFrederickDouglass: My name is in your mouth yet you got elected by KKK whose rise I actively fought in 1868. Excuse me while I roll over in my grave. DISASTER!

*UPDATE 2/2/17: You guys: Getting lots of comments and literally a million reads so FYI, this account was never actually on Twitter, or at least not by me. They're all tweets I just wrote as satire yesterday in this blog post.

http://onehotmessalaska.blogspot.com/2017/02/frederick-douglass-opens-twitter.html

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs said:
I'm trying to understand why you found this thread to be offensive and disrespectful to BHM when it was CLEARLY LABELED as "political", and the first post (and all subsequent ones) have been about how disrespectful Chump was towards BHM?? I'm just unclear about how and why this is bothering you, since the entire reason for the thread is due to outrage over how Chump treated this important event.

The thread wasn't titled "Chump acts like donkey yet again"; it's misleadingly stated as being about BHM. I opined on this & the "political" reference earlier, so I don't feel it necessary to be redundant on that point; you can read it up-thread.

Cultural observances IMO should be one of the 'places' we all strive to be better people, and not allow politics to overshadow or disrespect the intent, even if/when our elected officials fail to set that example. While everyone was barfing about Chump in this thread, I felt like barfing (see what I did there - common ground :lol: ) at their behavior because I would truly hate for someone to feel offended or unwelcome here when witnessing so many politicize a cultural event SIMPLY because they don't like the person who hosted the event. I also feel they overlook the fact there are a lot of blacks who not only support the President but appreciate his criticized "straight talk" style vs scripted.

I realize people weren't directing their ire AT the observance, but their behavior was no less disrespectful of it. Some here believe Chump "went low"; I believe they went even lower. You don't have to agree, and that is your prerogative. This is just an area where I choose to be more sensitive to others feelings, and don't feel we should need to wait for someone to report it to act respectfully.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, after posting that I would no longer read your posts, I registered you as "foe" so I wouldn't have to scroll past your ranting diatribes laden with superfluous verbiage in the form of sarcasm, condescencion, hostility, inaccuracies, exaggerations, and personal attacks. Notably, of all the forums in which I have participated over the years, you are the only person for whom I have used the foe function.

I can see you are still posting in this thread, though, because (1) throughout the forum this is what I now see instead of your posts: "This post was made by JoCoJenn who is currently on your ignore list.” After that statement there is a link that says, “Display this post." which I do not click.; (2) the thread title page identifies the last person to respond to the thread, and yours is listed in association with this thread; and (3) unfortunately, your posts are visible to me when someone else quotes them. As a result of the third circumstance, I accidentally read some or all of your response to mine saying I wasn’t reading yours anymore. Now I know to beware of quotes of your posts so I can be sure to ignore the content. As previously indicated, your delivery undermines your message. In the meantime, I will respond to one snippet and elaborate as to why I didn’t bother to read your entire post of 2/3 at 1:30 or respond to the substance.

mary poppins|1486080766|4123511 said:
Read carefully and don't reframe what I say for your own purposes.

Jenn, I didn't read past where you stated "Chump Chat" because it's clear you've come here with an agenda and are not paying attention to details.
It turns out I was mistaken as I actually read a little further.

JoCoJenn|1486085456|4123543 said:
mary poppins said:
Well, too late to edit my OP. Hopefully, if anyone else gets the same wrong impression he or she will read through the second page.
Or maybe you could ask the mod to edit the thread title to something more 'reflective' of the conversation ... "POLITICAL: More Chump Chat" perhaps?

mary poppins said:
Read carefully and don't reframe what I say for your own purposes. I didn't tell you there was new "news", and the purpose of the linked article was to show that the speech was indeed factual and not satire. It was not to influence anyone's opinion about what Trump said. Ignore the commentary in the article like I did and all that's left is a transcript of the speech. It's factual that that's what Trump said. Incidentally, a speech is a form of communication in spoken language, made by a speaker before an audience for a given purpose. There's no requirement that it be prepared or scripted. Someone can give a speech simply by winging an entire oral communication to a group of people.

:lol: :lol: Reading comprehension is NOT my problem, dear mary, but it appears to be yours. Perhaps YOU read this carefully ... and slowly - I said 'you posted a new 'news' link.' That means - earlier - you posted a link to a story, and later, you posted another link to the same story told differently by a different person.

I stopped reading there because it was very apparent you were not paying attention.

To your first point, you failed to read carefully in that you didn’t notice that I don’t use derogatory and inflammatory nicknames for Trump or anyone in the administration. No thread title of mine would include language like that. That’s your style. The current title is accurate. If more space were available, the more accurate title of my choosing would be, “Trump Politicizes Black History Month and Shows Ignorance About the Topic”.

To your second point, reading comprehension is definitely one of your problems. My OP contained neither a link nor a story. It contained a brief statement of my opinion and how I felt and the transcript of Trump’s speech, the latter which is fact.

Tekate|1486134469|4123701 said:
JoCoJenn|1486095848|4123602 said:

Another demonstration of your reading comprehension problem and lack of attention to details. First, no summary was required because my prior responses showed that I had already read your posts and recognized your agenda. You just couldn’t resist coming back and beating the same drum again. You also continue not to recognize that Trump, rambling about his campaign and election results, trivializing MLK, admiring a slave owner’s statue, taking jabs at the media and not knowing basic things about historical figures, was insensitive to the event. Second, you previously said Trump did not give a speech because there were no prepared/scripted comments. You failed to either research or notice in pictures and video that he was glancing at a sheet of paper on the table in front of him during his, yes, speech. Third, a moderator’s post in this thread told PSers to stop making hostile remarks, and specifically stated eye rolling should cease. You’ve since used the eye rolling emoticon at least twice.

Finally, if you were really concerned about theoretical new PSers seeing the thread and being surprised or offended by the content despite the title including “politics”, you would stop posting in it. Seriously, your posts account for 15 of the 71 (that’s more than 20%) of the responses so far. Each time you post you push the thread to the top of the front page.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some NEED the last word, no matter how off the rails the conversation is gotten. The more people say "Hmmmm, might wanna re-examine that" the more they dig their heels in. I used the ignore function twice today and it was glorious. Do that.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary - I posted a reply to a direct question ... to me. Over 24 hours ago. A question that was not from you. So why you felt it necessary to not only reply (when you supposedly have me on iggy), and bump your thread, but also perform a statistical analysis on my posting habits is not a "me" problem.

I didn't bother reading the rest of your post to digest it for response .. a quick skim revealed "more of the same". :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results