• Good find - keep it!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Waste of money - send back!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear a white gold flat band but thought it would be fun to get an alternate in yellow to go with my ER which has an 18k yellow band. I got this one off of Etsy for $360. 18k with rose cut yellow and grey diamonds (the quality of which is probably yucky to many people here but I'm ok with).

Not sure these rings work together though - the band has a more orange-y tone and maybe it's *too* rustic. Do they look weird together?

20171201_154153.jpg
20171201_154520_2.jpg

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the ring, but it may be too organic and bold to pair with your e ring. Could you wear it on your right hand perhaps with other less classic looking rings?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ring, but it may be too organic and bold to pair with your e ring. Could you wear it on your right hand perhaps with other less classic looking rings?

Thank you ...it's a tighter fit on the right, I think I'm better off sending it back and continuing to look for something else if I won't wear it on the left. I like it too, it's different. Ah well... !

Annie Loves Diamond

Rough_Rock
Trade
I usually wear a white gold flat band but thought it would be fun to get an alternate in yellow to go with my ER which has an 18k yellow band. I got this one off of Etsy for $360. 18k with rose cut yellow and grey diamonds (the quality of which is probably yucky to many people here but I'm ok with).

Not sure these rings work together though - the band has a more orange-y tone and maybe it's *too* rustic. Do they look weird together?

20171201_154153.jpg
20171201_154520_2.jpg

Nice ring! I really like to buy one online, I'm just having a second thought, that I might not get an authentic jewelry online, what the name of the store btw?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Annie Loves Diamond Thank you! I have not had it checked out by a jeweler but it looks legit, some of the stones are fluorescent under UV light. If I was keeping it I'd have it checked out but it would be hard to tell if it was gold-filled instead of gold for example.

I got it from the Gem Bee on Etsy who sells a lot of jewelry making material & has very high feedback so I felt ok making the purchase. They also have a 7 day return window. I'd be hesitant to purchase something I can't return on Etsy though, my experience there has been hit or miss.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's on the way back. Went to a few jewelry stores yesterday to try bands on and found a very similar looking rose cut eternity but with nicer stones. But still looked too "organic." And nothing I tried on was the right shade of YG. Some pics below of the ones I thought matched the best.

I think my options are to get something with less metal showing or have something made by the jeweler who did the e-ring so it will have the same YG alloy mix. It's a want, not a need so planning on taking my time looking.

PSX_20171207_163541.jpg PSX_20171207_163703.jpg PSX_20171207_163640.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the 3rd one you posted above.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the 3rd one you posted above.

I liked it too but want to find something that's not so deco.

A few more I tried on for funsies. The leaf/twig style is not bad but more bohemian. The jeweler who did my setting came back with a quote that was 2x comparable rings off the shelf so the hunt continues. I will probably end up with a plain thin band not too different from the white one. :roll:mrgreen2:

PSX_20171209_103957.jpg PSX_20171209_104054.jpg PSX_20171209_104141.jpg PSX_20171209_104249.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
204B6732-9176-4770-9DD1-FC0A23DCD7AC.jpeg
Hmm. If budget permits, what about 2 of these gold bands with a skinny plain WG band in the middle. It might look cool with your engagement ring bc of the two tone effect. Do you like the look of stackers or do you prefer one band?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't gotten into stacking so was really trying to find one band. This one pictured above was from a set of brushed-finish stackers they had at Diamonds Direct...I think that it was $140 and they were all reasonably priced.

My regular band is also two-tone but it's really hard to see the yellow (on the profile & interior of the band). So looking for something where the yellow is more obvious. :D

Was also thinking perhaps something curved like this... curved stacker.JPG

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
funnily enough, that branch one looks good with your e-ring! I never would have thought but maybe because it is SO different, it works? Or do I have weird taste? It might be the angle of the photo too. Be sure to ask your jeweler if they know the alloy they use, and if it ever changes. Because here, a lot of jewelers get their supply from a big company, but that company will occasionally switch up their alloys without notifying their customers. At least, that's what I have been told.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@737lizakg you're right, the branch went pretty well and nested nicely but it was too crunchy granola for me! I don't know if the jeweler will tell me, I had a weird experience getting the setting made with them, will see. Here are some others I've been considering via Etsy

upload_2017-12-21_9-22-18.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results