Bitch and moan here ...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1488070194|4133688 said:
redwood66|1488063910|4133631 said:
then than - this happens more than any other thing I have seen
This is totally me :lol: :lol: :lol:
I get so confused with this! I usually try to find a way to re-word it so I don't have to write it LOL :oops:

I have too many of these.
Currently. When people go to the self checkout at the grocery store WITH A CART FULL OF GROCERIES. WHO DOES THAT?!

I do also. I am very handy at the scanning bagging thing. Last time I went through with a big order, the cashier manning the self check out came over and thanked me--and gave me a $40 coupon for processing and bagging my own order.

Oh please don't remind me I look tired. I already *know* and it isn't a good look for me. Could do without the insult thankyouverymuch.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new 7 cent bag "tax" in Chicago - both plastic and PAPER. I will carry in my arms a sh!tload of stuff, dropping it all over and swearing like a sailor the whole what out to my car, before I will pay 7 cents for a damn BAG. The "tax" is allegedly to reduce the amount of bags going into landfills but the reality is 5 cents a bag goes toward the ridiculously underfunded pensions for city workers and the store gets to keep the other 2 cents. Lying b@stard politicians!

Oh wait... that's a bitch and moan item of on it's own... Lying b@started politicians.

And back to my first point: No need to point out that I can Bring My Own Bag. I know that. And I did. It's sitting right in the back seat of my car where I forgot it when I came into the store. :wall:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488125387|4133881 said:
The new 7 cent bag "tax" in Chicago - both plastic and PAPER. I will carry in my arms a sh!tload of stuff, dropping it all over and swearing like a sailor the whole what out to my car, before I will pay 7 cents for a damn BAG. The "tax" is allegedly to reduce the amount of bags going into landfills but the reality is 5 cents a bag goes toward the ridiculously underfunded pensions for city workers and the store gets to keep the other 2 cents. Lying b@stard politicians!

Oh wait... that's a bitch and moan item of on it's own... Lying b@started politicians.

And back to my first point: No need to point out that I can Bring My Own Bag. I know that. And I did. It's sitting right in the back seat of my car where I forgot it when I came into the store. :wall:

They don't charge for this in my state but I have seen it in CA. I go to Costco a lot and just bring it all back to my car loose then have reusable bags in the car that I fill myself. I try not to use a stores bags but if I do, I keep them at home for reuse. Comes in handy when my dogs have accidents. :???:

Edit - btw you have high sales tax! 10+%! Ours is 6%.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do this all the daggone time! :lol:

Redwood: Costco or BJ's has these huge (think 'cart sized') reusable, durable sacks with strong handles for a couple bucks. Useful for there as well as regular grocery stores vs carrying 15 plastic bags in one trip (cuz I'm too lazy to make 2 or 3 trips). :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CA has banned single use bags. So if you forget your bag (which of course I do all the time), you have to pay for their bags. Which is irritating. I have these awesome reusable bags from Amazon that are strong and clip onto the cart. But they don't help me when I forget them! Ugh!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1488126795|4133890 said:

CA has banned single use bags. So if you forget your bag (which of course I do all the time), you have to pay for their bags. Which is irritating. I have these awesome reusable bags from Amazon that are strong and clip onto the cart. But they don't help me when I forget them! Ugh!

lovedogs - just put it all in the cart loose and fill your bag in the car - if you left it in the car that is. I keep bags in my car and always forget to take them in.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About grocery bags---
In a nearby town that I frequent, they have banned plastic bags. Somehow, I always find myself needing groceries when I am there.

I usually forget my reusable bag. If I'm buying mostly smaller items, I go to the produce department
and grab a few of the plastic vegetable bags. They are kind of big, and hold more than you'd think!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1488125609|4133882 said:

They don't charge for this in my state but I have seen it in CA. I go to Costco a lot and just bring it all back to my car loose then have reusable bags in the car that I fill myself. I try not to use a stores bags but if I do, I keep them at home for reuse. Comes in handy when my dogs have accidents. :???:

Red, you think the *general* sales tax is high, try buying booze... combined federal, state, county and city taxes = 28.16%

tax-alcohol-bottle_v5__1_.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488128454|4133904 said:

Red, you think the *general* sales tax is high, try buying booze... combined federal, state, county and city taxes = 28.16%

Holy crap! Its a wonder anyone can afford to drink! :shock:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, Lovedogs, Stracci - I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this! It still makes me SO mad through! And know all of us in the same boat here because we're the ones going to our cars with armloads of bananas and paper towels and cheerios muttering, "What? They thought they $#@*& pensions were going to fund THEMSELVES?!" ARGH!

The CB is so mad over this he's keeping a tally in his head. He's up to 49 cents. I don't know what he thing's he's going to about it though... maybe go into the Mayor's office and raid Rahm's spare change jar... ? But dammit, He IS Keeping Track! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1488128694|4133905 said:
Dee*Jay|1488128454|4133904 said:

Holy crap! Its a wonder anyone can afford to drink! :shock:

Right?!? That's why I don't have any money left for new bling!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also like to complain about tailgaters.
WHY are you following me so closely?
I find this happens frequently on the highway, at speeds of up to 80 miles/hr.
If I have to suddenly slow down, you are going to smash into me, you fool!

In fact, a guy in a big f*cking pickup actually ran himself onto the berm of the road, so as not to hit me when traffic suddenly slowed, because he was traveling behind me, too close and too fast. Scary!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1488069424|4133676 said:
People who simply don't use a turn signal - how am I supposed to know where you are going to stomp on your brakes and turn??!?!?!?

Oh ditto to this...and at 4 way stops when you think you can go because the person across from you is going straight (no turning signal
on, they must be going straight right?)...but no, they want to turn left with no signal!

Or when you are trying to make a left hand turn and you are waiting for that last car to go by and it makes a right turn into the
road you are turning on...you could have gone if you knew they were going to have to slow down and turn there but NOOOO...you
have to wait until they turn in (with no signal) and now you are stuck waiting again!

Why isnt it a law to use blinkers? It seems like a safety issue to me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my first jobs was bagging groceries at a supermarket.
One customer told me to put it all in one bag, but don't make it too heavy.
The scowl on her face told me she wasn't joking, just stupid and grumpy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1488129034|4133909 said:
I would also like to complain about tailgaters.
WHY are you following me so closely?
I find this happens frequently on the highway, at speeds of up to 80 miles/hr.
If I have to suddenly slow down, you are going to smash into me, you fool!

In fact, a guy in a big f*cking pickup actually ran himself onto the berm of the road, so as not to hit me when traffic suddenly slowed, because he was traveling behind me, too close and too fast. Scary!

Here in So. California people tailgate so another car can't 'steal' "their" precious fvcking territory (the space in front of them).

I hate it too and do not tailgate ... which pisses off the driver behind me even though I'm in the right-most (slow) lane.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's "lose" not "loose." This is the most basic and most frequently misspelled word on the internet. I see it SO often that I'm in danger of misspelling it myself. Perhaps people's phones autocorrect it, or something. I don't know, but it annoys the crap out of me. These two words are simple ones.

The phrase "getting a divorce" as opposed to "getting divorced." It sounds too casual, like getting a haircut. We don't say that we're "getting a marriage" so why do we say "getting a divorce"? Hey, my friend is getting a marriage on Saturday!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only loosers do that. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488128992|4133908 said:

Make your own hooch, and you can enjoy both. :naughty:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1488136507|4133978 said:

That's a good idea! The CB is actually a plumbing contractor so I'm sure he could get me all the parts I would need to set up a first class still! How long does it take to make whiskey...? If I start now I wonder if we can have Dee Jay Bourbon in time for the Chicago GTG next month?!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488137060|4133985 said:

That's a good idea! The CB is actually a plumbing contractor so I'm sure he could get me all the parts I would need to set up a first class still! How long does it take to make whiskey...? If I start now I wonder if we can have Dee Jay Bourbon in time for the Chicago GTG next month?!

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/moonshiners/

I have a slightly more 'legal' manner of producing my own that doesn't require a still nor increasing my homeowners insurance coverage. Pinterest ... it's not just for bling, but beverages as well. :naughty:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People with WAYYYY too big a vehicle for the spot they choose to park in or who park all over to one side of the spot. :angryfire:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1488138047|4133992 said:
Dee*Jay|1488137060|4133985 said:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/moonshiners/

I have a slightly more 'legal' manner of producing my own that doesn't require a still nor increasing my homeowners insurance coverage. Pinterest ... it's not just for bling, but beverages as well. :naughty:

If I buy the CB some denim overalls do you think I can get him to wear them around the house with no shirt underneath?! :cheeky:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1488135903|4133972 said:
Only loosers do that. :lol:

Oh no, don't! The more I see it, the more I want to misspell it, too!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1488141088|4134007 said:
If I buy the CB some denim overalls do you think I can get him to wear them around the house with no shirt underneath?! :cheeky:

Probably depends on how you plan to 'reward' him. :whistle:

That dude on the show must get some serious chaffing in our sweaty, sweltering summers wearing those. I have caught snippets of that show, and ... just wow. :silenced:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1488144772|4134038 said:
Dee*Jay|1488141088|4134007 said:

Probably depends on how you plan to 'reward' him. :whistle:

That dude on the show must get some serious chaffing in our sweaty, sweltering summers wearing those. I have caught snippets of that show, and ... just wow. :silenced:

:naughty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, this morning my 2 1/2 year old found my older son's IPad on the table and kept playing with it even though I told him not to. Then when I was finally able to get to him, I dropped it and shattered the screen. So there is a bill I didn't have when I woke up this morning :angryfire:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit it. I am evil. I miss the drought. Only for the warm weather. I can't take winter any longer. I am officially frozen.

There, a documented case of a liberal being politically incorrect.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1488126795|4133890 said:

Not only that but the ten cent bags are extremely thick and I imagine will survive in the landfills for 1000x longer than the original bags they were fighting.

Oh and we had a chance to vote so that the proceeds for the bags would go towards the environment, but that didn't pass

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it appropriate to bitch about one's MIL in here? I am so close to facedesk-ing it's seriously not even funny...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1488331001|4134964 said:
Is it appropriate to bitch about one's MIL in here? I am so close to facedesk-ing it's seriously not even funny...

Yes of course! Unless she is a member that is. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results