shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jswhigham

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking about proposing to my girlfriend on her birthday. Are there any major cons to doing so? I''d like to hear any comments and opinions on this.
Thanks,
Scott

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
If the engagement is broken, she gets to keep the ring as it was a "birthday present".

Synicizim aside, pick a day all its own to be the proposal day. It deserves its own limelight. Or perhaps the anniversary of your first date, first meeting, etc.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but some women do. They think that a b'day should be it's own special occasion -- yeah, when you're six! See what she thinks. Tell her you heard people on the radio complaining about getting engaged on Christmas (to throw her off the b'day thing) and ask her what she thinks. That will answer your question for sure. Do it a week before. That way when she says, "Honey, don't get me anything for my birthday," you'll know that she really means, "Just get me something little" (like a framed photo of you two the day you two got engaged) I hope this helps!! Congrats in advance.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Not that I disagree with Diamondangel, but I have a friend who recently got married on her birthday, so it might not be a bad thing. If you do propose on her birthday, don't make the ering her only gift!
2.gif

-Melissa

P.S. My husband proposed on Christmas morning, and it did make for a fabulous Christmas day......So you could make her birthday extra special....Then again you could make some other day extra special and then there would be 2 special days.....I'm no help!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I proposed to my wife on her birthday. Two things to pass on:

1) She saw right through my attempt to disguise the incipient proposal because I was too nervous.

2) She's never complained about my choice of date.

9.gif

jswhigham

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and comments.
During a general conversation about her birthday, my girlfriend mentioned that one reason she loves her birthday so much is that it is a special day just for her. I want that day to continue to be all about her.
Her birthday is on a Friday and we had already planned to go to the beach for that weekend, so I am going to take her to Ponta Vedra, a nice resort in northern Florida and propose on Saturday the day after her birthday. That way she will have two very special days in a row, one just for her and one for both of us.

I'm torn between asking her before dinner or after. If I ask her earlier we can use dinner to celebrate. If I ask her after dinner I can propose on the beach under the moonlight. (The moon will be 92% full that evening. How do diamonds look in the moonlight?) Any opinions or suggestions for other good times during the day?

I have a stupid question. During the proposal, which comes first, the ring or the question?

Finally, I guess this post wouldn't be complete without a description of the diamond.
1.gif

Gia graded VS2-G 0.74ct round
diameter 5.87 ( 5.86- 5.88 )
crown angle 34.7 deg
crown height 15.3%
pavillion angle 40.4%
pavillion depth 42.4%
culet 1.1%
table 55.4%
total depth 61%
girdle thickness 1.0-1.4
flourescence none
Polish\Symmetry EX\EX

I bought the diamond and setting from Diamond Brokers of Florida. Jan and Brad are an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks again,
Scott

baloo

Rough_Rock
I had a similar discussion with my GF. The ring should arrive today and her birthday is very close. She knows the proposal is iminent because we shopped for the ring together.

Without asking, she asked that I not propose on her Birthday because she wants to be able to remember both days seperately. She was dead against having an anniversary on her birthday.

I was surprised as my initial thought is that it would be a great idea. I am glad she told me upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results