shape
carat
color
clarity

birthday present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Only the first prada is around $600 i think...maybe $590?...I believe the other leather pradas are much more and the nylon is more refined...
I think the leather and canvas #3 is probably around $1200 and the other #2 or 4 I think $1100 or something...?? Have you tried bluefly or netaporter? the leather and nylon that I want (and hopefully getting for my bday too!) is $1170 but I saw it the other day on blue fly for $930...I just looked and it's gone. ugh.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm if that's the case and they are both over $1k i like the MJ.
11.gif

and if you get bored with it in a season or two, you can send it to ME ME ME!!!
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
One thing that drives me CRAZY about bags these days......the handles aren''t long enough on any of them to put them over one''s shoulder.

I don''t know how all of the folks do it carrying those bags on their forearms without annoying the daylights out of them. Way too high maintenance for me.
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm..actually the MJ was cheaper than the prada #2! the prada came out at $1395 and the MJ at $1075....(those are the quotes on the NeimanMarcus homepage)..the first prada (the nylon one) is around $600..

Do Netaporter and BlueFly carry originals? im so worried that these websites mite be ripping me off!! hehehe...

aljdewey: I know wat u mean about those handles! my current bag has very short straps and unless i have toothpick arms, it just does not fit on my shoulders! but I found a picture of the MJ on a Mannequin and it actually fit over their shoulder....(here is the link: http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11024382&SectionID=9000 )

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the Prada bag is expensive. That could swing you toward the MJ, no? Now that I''m looking more at the two of them, I kinda prefer the MJ! I love the styling and overall shape. But you can''t lose with the Prada either, it''s a very simple and timeless look.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The straps on the Prada bag are nice and long. They sit on my shoulder very nicely!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i was going to say the prada looks like it can fit over the shoulder...

i personally like a shoulder bag BUT i would carry the MJ (and croon to it and cuddle it) with happiness!! if my husand wanted to buy it for me that is.
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I prefer bag that can be carry over the shoulder too, and most of the time I will try to put the short handles over my shoulder and try to hold it there by squeezing it with my arm. Then I will go back and forth between squeezing on my shoulder and hanging it on my forearm. hahaha. I just try to make it work. Actually the sales at LV told me that the new purse I got most likely won''t fit over my shoulder because he said it didn''t fit on most people. Anyways, I think the MJ can totally fit over the shoulder. I don''t know how comfortable it would be, but it will work and I bet it''ll go back and forth between the shoulder and arm.

BTW you have a very tough choice to make because I like both of them and I wouldn''t know which one to pick. How big is the prada? It kind of look like it won''t carry too much.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
*post edited*(fixed all my typos! i was in such a rush when i wrote it the first time!)

hello ladies! so guess where i am ??? I'm in new york!!!! ahahahah...i decided i couldn't let the opp. pass while my hubby was here on a business trip! so i got my ticket at 5 pm monday evening and hopped on the plane at 8 pm that same nite! I have never been so rushed in my life! drove home like a maniac, just *threw* stuff in my suitcase, took the fastest shower i have ever taken and rushed back out to head to the airport...14 hours later and one transit in dubai, i am here!! =))))

SOOOOO of course, wat do i do as soon as i arrive at the hotel? drop my bags and off to fifth avenue i go!!! i went to Prada first to see the bag and ladies..i didnt like it at all...the color in real life has nothing to do with the picture! it is more 'brown' than orangish and i dunno....i just did not fall in love with it and i immediately scrapped it off the list...

now the marc jacobs store apparently is in SOHO and i didnt get a chance to go all the way down there BUT found the marc jacobs stand in saks fifth avenue...so they didnt have the MJ in the orange, but had in in black and guess wat? it turns out the bag is not structured (like u thought Mara) at all! its very 'soft' and if i leave it on a table the top half of the bag will just keel over u know wat i mean? ..BUT they had another MJ (similar to the classic MJ i posted) but in the same orange and it was divine!! sooooooo sooo sooooo nice!!! i just kept staring at it, wearing it on each shoulder, wore it on my forearms and it looked great from alll angles! and i think thats wat ill go for!

There isnt a neiman marcus anywhere here!! does anyone know if there is any within this vicinity? google maps says there is one on 41st street, but we walked around and around and couldn't find it..

anyhow, i think ill go for the orange MJ (but with the classic design) and will post pics as soon as i can!!

thanks u all for ur input!
9.gif

ETA: qtiekiki : The prada was actually quite spacious and fits a lot of things and the strap were nice and sturdy on the shoulder...all in all, it was a very nice bag, but i just wasnt to excited about the color...and like u said, i could possibly squeeze everything on my shoulder, but it wouldn't be too comfy but hopefully if i do go with the my MJ pruchase (classic design), then that would easily fit on my shoulders..

will keep u girls posted on my escapade! hahahah

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Ooops, guess I''m too late to vote for Prada #3 then! The MJ is very nice too! You really couldn''t go wrong with a MJ at all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results