shape
carat
color
clarity

birthday present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hello! well its my birthday in a couple of weeks and im looking for a new purse compliments of hubby! I have a few options lined up, but im soooooo confused as to which one to get..thought id put them in here and have u all help me decide!

(i apologize for the numerous entries, i dont know how to put more than one picture in a thread)

oh and any new suggestions are also very welcome!

prada1.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
prada 2

prada8.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
prada 3

prada7.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
prada 4

prada6.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
mulberry

mulberry.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
marc jacobs

marcjacobs123.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
okay...all done for now! sorry again for all the pics...all comments (positive and negative) are welcome =) thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well my least favorite is mulberry. TOO much going on - for me.
i don't care for the first prada. too boyish for me.
prada #2- like, though seems a bit dressier
prada 3- ho hum
prada 4- ok.. just ok. don't love the color
MY FAVE is the marc jacobs. love it. has something going on, but not too much. it's a good color and it isn't boring.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I second the Marc Jacobs! The partner I work with has one in green and I SOOOO drool over it every time I see it!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thanks jcrow! appreciate the input...

i know, im leaning towards the marc jacob too..but just worried that it mite be a bit too much color for me...

there is also the classic marc jacob that im attaching here...

this really is confusing! i have no ''direction'' which is just making my decision harder...

mjveca.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i much prefer the first marc jacobs you posted!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 12:14:02 PM
Author: jcrow
i much prefer the first marc jacobs you posted!
yeah me too...am trying to find another picture/website that will show me the bag at different angles...

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Marc Jacobs and the Prada #3!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I like the Marc Jacobs bag the best. I got the MJ Blake earlier this year and I have been really happy with it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first Marc Jacobs you posted. It''s a great color. Happy early birthday!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prada 2 or the MJ! I actually have the Prada #2 in the large size, and it''s SOOO great. Roomy, feminine, elegant, and I love the classic styling. And I get a ton of compliments on the warm orangey brown color.
1.gif

That MJ is yummy, too!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thanks u all! i guess the MJ has the highest number of votes...hmm...will ponder this a bit more, but any suggestions are welcome =)

my husband flies out on the 21st (my bday!) to london and thats where he''ll buy the bag from...so i still have some time to make a choice...

thanks kaleigh on the birthday wishes =)

KristyDarling: Glad to hear that u have the same bag too (prada2)! just wondering if u feel its a bit too ''dressy'' to wear with everything? outside the office im always in jeans and shirts/tops and was wondering if this bag would be too much to carry around?

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Prada 2 and MJ! both are scrumptious~

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love them all...

If you want #1, I have it in black and worn a few times.....and it's all yours LOL... I'm selling in on ebay for $425...not one taker yet!
emotion-40.gif

Never mind, mine is a little diff....with a drawstring....hehehe... I'd get either Marc!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2006 2:43:12 PM
Author: msb700
thanks u all! i guess the MJ has the highest number of votes...hmm...will ponder this a bit more, but any suggestions are welcome =)

my husband flies out on the 21st (my bday!) to london and thats where he''ll buy the bag from...so i still have some time to make a choice...

thanks kaleigh on the birthday wishes =)

KristyDarling: Glad to hear that u have the same bag too (prada2)! just wondering if u feel its a bit too ''dressy'' to wear with everything? outside the office im always in jeans and shirts/tops and was wondering if this bag would be too much to carry around?
I''m a jeans and t-shirt girl (in and out of the office) and I bring my Prada bag everywhere with me! That''s the great thing about it, it''s suitable for both super-casual and gussied up!
21.gif
Also, the handles stay on the shoulder very nicely. It bugs me to no end whenever I''m wearing a bag where the shoulder straps keep falling! And compared to the other 2 bags I carry, this one gets the most compliments and attention. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! They''re all great choices so you can''t lose!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE #2 and the MJ. Those would be my two picks. What a fun present!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the more neutral tones, but orange is very hot now. What colors do you tend to wear? I do a couple of things now after making some costly bag boo boos...

If possible I go to the store and literally put my stuff that I tend to carry daily in the potential new bag. Often times things do not fit, or they are hard to get out. I also make sure it is not too heavy, since some bags have so much stuff on them they weigh a ton empty, let alone filled with all my crap!

Make sure it fits well on your body, and the straps stay in place. HUGE is in now but I just cannot carry a bag that looks like a weekend travel bag. It is simply too much for me. I love the Marc also.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
diamondfan: i would love to try the bags on first, but unfortunately we dont have ANY of those designer stores in Bahrain and id have to go fly out to kuwait or dubai to try them on...too much of a hassle to be honest...wish i could though..as for color, everything! i wear a lot of browns, a lot of pinks a lot of blues...hahaha..im not a big ''black'' fan, but other than that the sky is the limit..

im liking the prada 2 and the first MJ.....

KristyDarling: good to hear that its so versatile!!!

and thank u all for all the pre birthday wishes!

im so excited.....now im trying to see if i could throw in a wallet in there too! (maybe im asking for too much eh?) hahahah

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday
emcake.gif

I actually love Prada #4. i like a softer bag and that one looks gorgeous!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My fave is the prada 2 or the marc jacobs. Although I am leaning toward the prada 2 because I tend to have a hard time finding things in a bigger purse. hahaha. But if you are a large purse gurl, then the marc jacobs is the winner.

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
I am a fan of Mulberry bags
30.gif
They are very popular in Sweden! Don''t like the nylon bags from Prada or the MJ Bag. I would go for Prada nr 2 or the gorgeous Mulberry bag in that yummy colour. Good luck withg your choice!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LOVE LOVE the marc jacobs!!!

there was this gal at the nail salon a few weeks ago when i was there and she had this big amazing slouchy looking orange bag kind of like the MJ but less structured and it looked so awesome with her outfit which was just simple jeans, flip flops, white tee kind of thing and she had dark hair and an olive skin tone. i was like I WANT YOUR BAG...she said she got it in hong kong and it wasn't a brand, i was like DAMN!

but that bag and color you posted totally reminded me of it. it's divine and perfect for summer. however, it will be a 'trend' color most likely and not something classic so if you aren't into that then i wouldn't get it. however, i don't like the 'classic' MJ you posted, it's too fall neutral for me. i am all about big splash of color right now ... hehee.

otherwise i like prada #2, definitely not the mulberry, but my first pic is totally that MJ.

happy birthday!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hey Mara..thats the thing! im not into the ''seasonal'' outfits..i like to buy stuff that would work for me regardless of wat season it is or wat the latest ''trend'' is..but like u, im all about color now and hence the MJ i posted....and i dont like the classic MJ either..not sure why i put it as an option in there!

okay so far i have limited it to the following:

prada 2
orange MJ

(unless of course if i find something else!) hehehe

hubby leaves to NY tonite (wish i could go with him! very last minute trip and i cant get time off work! =( but he said if i made up my mind that id have my gift ''ON'' my bday next week instead of having to wait till the week after when he goes to london...)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
one thought since both of the last 2 are oranges...if the prada is significantly less expensive than the MJ...aka i looked up the MJ and it looks like its $1075..so if the prada is something like $600 then since you say you are not a trend driven person but like the color splash, i''d get the prada because that way if it''s out of style in a year or you are over it after a season, at least it was not as spendy as the MJ and maybe you''d feel less guilty doing the trendy buy.

though i really like the shape of the MJ AND the color. so i''m no help!! the thing is that either of these would probably be back in style at some point in the future anyway....trends always come back so doing the classic shape MJ with the orange color could be back in 10 years or so for another year or two! just a thought (i like the MJ!) .
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results