shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday present, where should I wear it??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!
MY birthday was a couple of weeks ago (I turned 27 on the 27th
emcocktl.gif
)
and I got the cutest diamond and sapphire band (for $200/canadian!) It was a total steal, and I love it!

I got it sized for my middle finger so I know I will wear it there sometimes. I also like it on my ring finger behind my 3 stone diamond sapphire ring, even though the band is a bit big on that finger.

Which do you like better, AND what do you think about if I wear 1 on each finger, at the same time?

I usually only wear rings on 1 finger/hand at any one time, so I feel a little like 2 is overkill, even though they are both dainty...

opinions??

melikey.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
closer of both rings on one finger..

boththesapphs.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
or I can wear it on its own

alone22344.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
to confuse more,
3.gif

next to my wedding set.

opinions??

other hand.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Happy belated Birthday. Beautiful rings. I like one on each finger. Both together look too much like wedding set to me.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!

MY hubby says it looks too wedding settish too.
Ironically, the 3 stone was going to be my ering, before I changed my mind to a channel set. (it had a diamond and he swapped it out for a sapph).
So in some ways, I don''t mind the wedding set look...hmmm...

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 2:45:20 PM
Author: Sophie
thanks!

Ironically, the 3 stone was going to be my ering, before I changed my mind to a channel set. (it had a diamond and he swapped it out for a sapph).
happy b-day sophie. that is a lovely set.
i like them together because it seems to enhance the 3-stone ring.
if i wear it alone, i''ll probably wear it on the ring finger instead because i think the middle finger needs a more substantial width.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think it looks the nicest on the same finger as the sapphire 3 stone ring. They both enhance each other IMO.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring!
I like them together too, I think they enhance one another. And that way your have your wedding set and your ''just for me'' set! My RHR is a sapphire b-day present to myself too, so maybe I''m biased.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them both on the SAME finger. I just don''t like more than one finger per hand to have rings on them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday!

The rings are beautiful and I really like them together on the same finger.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think they look best when you wear both on one finger...
30.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Casting a vote for wearing the saphire rings together. Both of these rings really compliment each other nicely.

I like a ring worn on the middle finger but agree that for some reason a ring on that finger needs to be a little more prominent.

Congratulations, on such a great find!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys for the comments.. I do wear them together when I have the 3 stone on.

what if I got another one to stack them on my middle finger??
31.gif
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
The middle finger thing sounds good,,,, but I do like them both together on the same finger.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! I think you could do just about anything with it, but I love it on one finger. If you didn''t want to wear your origional set, you could wear this too such as on vacation or when you are wearing blue. yummy sapphires.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys for your comments, I really do appreciate it.
I keep moving it rom the middle finger to the ring finger.. can''t decide.
I do really like them together, they do look like a set, and I like that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both sapphire rings on your RH...btw, Happy GOLDEN birthday! (27 on the 27th--my mom always says that is your "golden" birthday, when you turn the year of the date of your birth--for example, I turned 17 on the 17th of May waaay back when, lol).

I do think it looks wedding set-ish, BUT, the sapphire rings look sooo good together, how can you NOT wear them together? Hmm, I see your dilemma, that''s for sure. Maybe just wear them separately on your RH, (but not at the same time, you know what I mean?) Sorry, I''m not being very helpful...
35.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 11:49:08 PM
Author: monarch64
I like both sapphire rings on your RH...btw, Happy GOLDEN birthday! (27 on the 27th--my mom always says that is your ''golden'' birthday, when you turn the year of the date of your birth--for example, I turned 17 on the 17th of May waaay back when, lol).

I do think it looks wedding set-ish, BUT, the sapphire rings look sooo good together, how can you NOT wear them together? Hmm, I see your dilemma, that''s for sure. Maybe just wear them separately on your RH, (but not at the same time, you know what I mean?) Sorry, I''m not being very helpful...
35.gif

lol, it''s ok. hence, my dilemma.

I have heard it called champagne birthday too. Some friends got me a small bottle I could enjoy by myself!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them together, they look great!! Happy belated birthday!!! Nothing wrong with stacking rings on your RH. I love that look!!!
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated birthday!!!

I like them either worn together as a wedding-ish set (pretty!!!), or just the band alone on the middle finger (dainty!!!). When they''re worn side-by-side, I dunno....to my eyes something is off with that arrangement.

Beautiful rings!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 2:45:20 PM
Author: Sophie
thanks!

I *like* the set look too - doesn''t look like a wedding set per se with all of the sapphs on the right hand, but it looks like a matched set for sure! I don''t like them on two fingers at the same time on either hand, but you might be able to wear it with your existing set, maybe between the rings or on the outside!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I like them alone or stacked, but not side-by-side. I''m a one-ring-per-hand-please person, though.
5.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I like them stacked, and why not go with a wedding ish look on the right? Isn''t it the custom to wear a wedding ring on the right hand in some countries or with some religions? Nice way to say, loved, much.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
For my 2c...I would have it sized back down and wear it stacked - it looks waaaaaay awesome together!! And I do not think it looks too weddingish...after all...stacks are coming in style now
2.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2006 7:42:33 PM
Author: reader
I like them stacked, and why not go with a wedding ish look on the right? Isn''t it the custom to wear a wedding ring on the right hand in some countries or with some religions? Nice way to say, loved, much.
you are right about that. I am greek and we were married in a greek orthodox church. In that religion, the wedding bands are actually placed on the right hands. We wear them on our left hands bc that is the custom here. some in my family wear them on the right.

So, I guess this way, if I wear the sapph''s together too, then I will have all of my bases covered! haha

thanks guys, for all of your honest feedback, I really do appreciate it.
2.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I like them together on the same finger. I love that band, it is a beautiful blue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results