shape
carat
color
clarity

Birks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
At Christmas, my mom gave me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring. The setting is white gold with a split shank that goes up into a design with 4 sapphires on the outside of a diamond "X". The sapphires are really quite beautiful, great color and sparkle. I asked my mom where it came from and she said an antique store in New Jersey, but that the piece was not antique, in face it was quite recent. She also said that she felt she paid too much, almost $1000, but she liked the ring so much she had to buy it. I was looking at the hallmark and I said "Its hallmarked Birks". My antique silver dealer sister pipes in with "Birks is called the Tiffany''s of the North, its Canadian". I was just googling "Birks sapphire ring" and I found it on a website. It is the "Crisscross" design with 4 sapphires. It was something like $5000 Canadian on this site! I could not believe the price. I mean, it is absolutely gorgeous, but that is so much money. I told my mom, and then she felt like she got a bargain.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 12:02:47 AM
Author:y2kitty
At Christmas, my mom gave me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring. The setting is white gold with a split shank that goes up into a design with 4 sapphires on the outside of a diamond ''X''. The sapphires are really quite beautiful, great color and sparkle. I asked my mom where it came from and she said an antique store in New Jersey, but that the piece was not antique, in face it was quite recent. She also said that she felt she paid too much, almost $1000, but she liked the ring so much she had to buy it. I was looking at the hallmark and I said ''Its hallmarked Birks''. My antique silver dealer sister pipes in with ''Birks is called the Tiffany''s of the North, its Canadian''. I was just googling ''Birks sapphire ring'' and I found it on a website. It is the ''Crisscross'' design with 4 sapphires. It was something like $5000 Canadian on this site! I could not believe the price. I mean, it is absolutely gorgeous, but that is so much money. I told my mom, and then she felt like she got a bargain.
Thanks for the fun story!I always enjoy a good bargin story.Now we need pictures to complete the post!Enjoy your ring!

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pictures, please.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
On a sunny day...

birkscrisscross.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Another one...

crisscrosssapphire.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Is like this one with a split shank.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ...and what a deal! Go Mom!

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is gorgeous.

Congratulations on the find, mom!

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring and at a great price! Birks is definitely the Tiffany of Canada. They are well known here for their quality and designs. Lucky you!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Your sis is right I''m Canadian and Birks is our blue box store. In fact for the longest time in my Province we didn''t have a Tiffany''s at all and then about 2 years ago one opened downtown so now we have both. And for ages Birks had a different shade of blue for their boxes too and then after Tiffany came to town they switched to chocolate brown boxes. I''m guessing to separate themselves from the competition
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Most of Tiffany''s jewelry does not appeal to me but I really like many things from the Birks site, not the prices though :).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 1:48:02 AM
Author: y2kitty
I really like many things from the Birks site, not the prices though :).
HI:

Ditto! Good find on the ring!

cheers--Sharon

beau13

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
to you lovely fellow Canadians..just wanted to say I too prefer Birks to Tiffany''s. Some fabulous jewelry in their showcases!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results