shape
carat
color
clarity

Birks Setting - Reproduction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie5

Rough_Rock
There is a white gold princess cut solitare ring setting at Birks that my fiancee really likes, but of course, their prices are very high. I can''t buy a diamond there, but they won''t sell me just the setting as it has their copyright. How do I go about getting someone to make this setting for us? Any advice is welcomed.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome newbie5
35.gif

if they design is easy to replicate, any competent jewler should be able to help you. do you have a pic of the ring? there may already be an alternative out there.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, it''s against the law to make and exact copy but there are many ring designs out there that are "public domain" so to speak. Do you have a picture? We might be able to find you something similar....

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The jeweller we worked with for my e-ring and will work with for our w-rings mentionned that it''s possible to recreate rings from high-end stores. Of course, it''s custom work so it''s not identical, and I''m sure other good jewellers and craftsmen are able to do this. If by any chance you''re in the Montreal, Qc area, my jeweller''s name is Marcel André and I very highly recommend him!

Good luck!

newbie5

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I looked on their website, and this looks like the ring (see attached pic) although I''m not 100% sure. They don''t give a side view. Since Birks to Canada is like Tiffany''s to the US (I''ve heard), won''t this replication already be out there somewhere, it''s too expensive to get someone to copy it just for us. Please provide your expertise...thanks :)

bpc.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
This looks like a cathedral setting... Not very hard to come by! Many vendors offer it, you just have to ask. Good luck!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
That seems like a pretty simple setting, so you could probably go to any jeweler and they would have it. Also, when you say you''re not sure if that''s the exact ring, does that mean there are additional details on the side?

Here are some similar ones:

http://icingonthering.com/?page=collection&pInfoID=36&category=3&startRow=12

http://www.bluenile.com/all_settings.asp?catid=7&track=row_mod3&elem=miniheroHdr

If you show a jeweler photos of the ring...they might be able to find a premade "casting" (rough, unpolished setting), and that''ll be much much much cheaper. When we went to a "wholesale" diamond dealer, a simple solitare casting in 14k white gold would''ve cost around $100, and then maybe another $100-200 for labor (setting the stone, sizing the ring, polishing).

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the photos from those sites.

Icing on the ring settings:
Ring one (Platinum or White Gold Cathedral setting)
SO37.jpg

Ring two (Platinum or White Gold Interlaced setting)
SO36.jpg

Bluenile settings:
Ring one (Platinum Trellis setting)
DM15503000_PR_150_200zoom.jpg

side view of the same ring
DM15503000_200prof.jpg

Ring two (Platinum Trellis setting with side diamond)
DM03501200_PR_150_200zoom.jpg

side view
DM03501200_200prof.jpg

Ring three (White Gold contour setting)
DM15400500_PR_150_200zoom.jpg

side view
DM15400500_200prof.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results