shape
carat
color
clarity

birks appraisal in canada (B.C.) what lab does it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
for getting a jewelry piece appraised by birks, which lab is it graded by, like when they send the appraisal papers what lab is showing on the paper if any? Also does anyone know how indepth they are and worth the 70-90 bucks it costs for it?

thanks for anyone who has gotten one by birks in the area, want to know if they are accurate graders compared to other places

togal

Shiny_Rock
You should just phone Birk''s and ask. I know that Tiffany grades their own diamonds, but not sure about Birk''s.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I believe they grade their own diamonds as well.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
I was under impression they used gemscan, maybe not, has anyone had an appraisal done by birks to let me know if they are accurate and complete (i.e. distinguish natural diamond from clarity enhanced and such) and in depth if its a bracelet with multiple diamonds will they grade each one?

Just wanted to know how they compare to labs thanks

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I had my ER, which, was originally purchased at Birks, appraised by them. They have an appraiser come in once a week. I am the third owner of this ring and I was curious to see how it would appraise. I think the appraisal was around 75.00. It turned out to be a bit lower than what I thought the value would be, but overall, I am happy.

I should add, it wasn't a super in depth appraisal. It came with a pretty nasty polaroid photo of my ring, but it was typed up on some REALLY nice Birks stationary!
20.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 4:45:07 PM
Author: Çã†hër§
I had my ER, which, was originally purchased at Birks, appraised by them. They have an appraiser come in once a week. I am the third owner of this ring and I was curious to see how it would appraise. I think the appraisal was around 75.00. It turned out to be a bit lower than what I thought the value would be, but overall, I am happy.

I should add, it wasn''t a super in depth appraisal. It came with a pretty nasty polaroid photo of my ring, but it was typed up on some REALLY nice Birks stationary!
20.gif
I am sorry, I am not explaining myself very well! GRR

To have them appraise my ring, which is a Birks ER, cost me around 75.00

The value that it came in at, was a bit lower than I expected, but overall, I am very happy.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
hey thanks for reply yeah that was weird i was reading you said it appraise for 75 the appraisal cost more than that like you wearing like a 0.01ct ring or something haha i thought that was funny but i understand now what you are saying

I am hoping they can distinguish natural diamonds from clarity enhanced and all other simulant diamonds when doing appraisal on jewelry pieces that already have setin diamonds and hopefully they go in depth about the cut and quality of each diamond on a pendant or something similar.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
also for a piece with multiple diamonds do they charge more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results