shape
carat
color
clarity

Bigger or Better??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurencjoyce

Rough_Rock
This is my first post and I''m sure this question has been asked and answered before but...

If you had to chose between a 1.2 radiant, F, VVS1 and a 1.5 radiant, G VS2, which would you pick?

The setting would be a Ritini "Endlesss Love" looking setting. The total weight would most likely be around 2.0 carats. Any guidance would be helpful.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Between these two options, I''d go for the 1.5 G VS2 because I have a diamond of this color/clarity and it''s extremely beautiful and also you''d have a diamond of 30 additional points with the G stone.

Keep in mind, however, that you''ve provided very little info and most importantly didn''t include an specs regarding the cut. To properly decide which stone is better, you''d have to post all the details.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
What are your concerns? Regarding color, I have an H, SI stone in an 18k white gold pave bezel setting (Similar to endless love) and you can''t see any color or any flaws at all.

I suggest you find out which stone is cut better - and choose the sparkliest one. However if color was a concern, I don''t think it needs to be.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
IMO, A G, VS2 is the best of both worlds--bigger and still very white and clean. i agree with treysar--if the G, VS2 is well cut, it''s a no-brainer. Again--this is my opinion--the iciness of an f is detectable and preferred by some but to me, I''ve seen f and G next to eachother and can''t tell. heck, mine is an H (see avatar)
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, forget the F vs G, you are going to pay a huge premium for a VVS1 when as VS2 will do nicely. I could see VVS1 in an emerald step cut, but it is overkill for a radiant (unless you happen to like extremely clean stones).

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
All else being equal, I''d choose the 1.5 G VS2; the differences in color and clarity won''t be visible but the difference in size will be!

reena

Ideal_Rock
ditto--assuming equal cut quality (that''s a big if--can you post more specs?) it is a total no-brainer. go for the bigger stone. F color is nice, but i doubt you''ll notice a big difference in color from the G when set. i also agree that the VVS1 is just overkill.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results