shape
carat
color
clarity

Big thumbs up for Niceice.com!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ebmolldrem

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
I proposed to my girlfriend (now fiance!) on 11/12/05 at Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica, and she said YES!!
30.gif
I am sooooo happy!! After a short rainforest hike where we saw blue iguanas, endangered squirrel monkies, capuchin monkies, sloths, and other exotic animals, we came upon a white sand beach. I''m a surfer and she''s into outrigger paddling, so I really wanted to propose on the beach. While she was swimming in the blue-green water, I placed a "will you marry me" sign (the photograph is the first rainbow we saw together in a previous trip to Kauai) under her beach towel while she was swimming, and set a small coconut ontop of it (under the towel). When she came back and layed on her towel, she sat on the coconut (ouch!), lifted the towel and tossed it aside without seeing my sign. I asked "Is there something else under there?" and she looked at me confused, looked under and saw the sign. That''s when I got on one knee and asked her to marry me. It was a funny tropical proposal. I was nervous and had trouble unknotting the ring from my boardshorts (I swam with the ring tied to an inner lash to make it a complete surprise) but got it undone just in time!

I wanted to share my experience with Niceice.com. Before looking online, I went to about 6 jewelry shops in the San Diego area. Most diamonds I saw were overpriced and substandard quality. blaugh! After much research, I discovered Niceice.com, and for over 6 months (talking about patience!) Todd fielded my many questions, sent additional photos, and provided oodles of information. His website was a library of very useful information which I used when shopping around. All things considered, I decided to go with Niceice. They have a great reputation and Todd earned my trust as a straight-shooter who knew his stuff and wanted to get me the best possible diamond that I could afford. I probably drove him nuts, but in the end I bought a 1.782 carat, AGS 000, VS2, F, diamond for my fiance''s engagement ring. When it arrived, I was BLOWN AWAY about how brilliant it was. I had an independent master appraiser review the diamond before committing 100%. He was blown away, too. He said of the hundreds of diamonds he sees in a month, normally one or two will "pop out" as being truly exceptional. Mine was one of them! :) Needless to say, I bought the diamond and my fiance is very happy. If you have any doubts about Niceice, set them aside. They have my HIGHEST RATING and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat!

Thanks Niceice for an OUTSTANDING buying experience.
21.gif

Eric

img27565kx.jpg

12222363va.jpg

12222398tg.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations ebmolldrem!!! What a great proposal story and I love the sign. The ring is just gorgeous, I am so glad you had a wonderful experience with Todd. He has an excellent reputation here. Now to scold you just a bit. You swam with the ring tied to your board shorts, that's pretty brave!!! Your fiancee looks beautiful and I wish you both the very best. Have fun, and enjoy!!!
30.gif
36.gif
Oh and welcome to Pricescope!!!
1.gif
35.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The ring is gorgeous!! And what a great story. Your fiancee looks very happy!!!

It''s funny, but I too had the same thought as Kaleigh -- Oh, no!! He swam in the ocean with the ring tied to his shorts!!!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Love your story and the ring is amazing!
36.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and beautiful fiancee ...congratulations!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The ring is stunning!
30.gif

I love your proposal story. I''m so glad that you didn''t lose the ring!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is an excellent testimonial Eric. Surfer eh? I''m an ol'' skateboarder myself until I started taking too many stitches.
14.gif
If you talk with Todd anytime soon please send my regards. He is one of my oldest compadres here on the web and I of course 2nd your thumbs up.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Eric, you sure did find a great stone. My hubby and I looked at it when we had three diamonds sent for inspection to our appraiser in July. Our appraiser thought all three stones were in the top 5% of the best stones he''d ever seen - superb quality! I still remember how it sparkled and what a great size it was. Well done for managing to work out such a great proposal too, your girlfriend looks beautiful and her ring is a real sparkler. Great stone, great proposal, generous fiance, what more could a girl ask for? CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck for your future together.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! what a beautiful ring...Todd is very highly regarded around these parts and that diamond looks fabulous! What a great proposal story too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for the wonderful proposal !
9.gif

The ring is quite something, of course. It does remind me of another custom made for a Pricescoper, but nothing designerish out there. very... ''Mark Morell''
5.gif
Do you mind telling us where is it from?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How Beautiful!
Everything!

Contratulations!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your FW looks thrilled and the ring is stunning! Congrats on such a lovely ring! That three stone settting is deamy where did you find it?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful ring - yes, where did you find the setting - and how big are the side stones?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing.
Your ring is beautiful congrats.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
You are gutsy!!!!

Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeee—Swimming with the e-ring tied to your swim trunks.

Congrats, what a great story, and an absolutely gorgeous ring.

My family and I went to Costa Rica last summer but did not make it to Manuel Antonio. We went to Corcovado Tent Camp, which was an adventure and a half.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great propoasal story. Thanks for sharing. The ring is gorgeous, please tell us more about the setting. Todd ranks very highly around here and we have another example of why.

ebmolldrem

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was a little worried about swimming with it, but I minimized the risk by putting it into a zipped inner pocket after it was double knotted to a key lash. I could have swimmed in a hurricane and it probably would have stayed put.
3.gif

The ring setting is an A. Jaffe model ME1279 in Platinum. The side stones are each .30 carats. I looked everywhere for a setting but kept coming back to this model. I love the elegant sweeping lines, and one of the coolest things is how the side diamonds are inset (just a little bit) under the center diamond. From above, it looks like one continuous diamond!! The prongs are also small so the focus is on the diamonds, not on the metal stubs.

Here''s another funny pic of my fiance holding up my little coconut helper.
1.gif

Eric

img27702ym.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Congratulations!!!

It''s absolutely stunning!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is stunning!! Congrats!!
30.gif
30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
How''d I miss this??

Beautiful ring
30.gif
, & a beautiful story
9.gif
!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ebmolldrem

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!!
1.gif

Now we''re in phase II -- Wedding planning! LOL
26.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
whata great proposal and review for niceice... they aren''t mentioned as much around here as some other vendors!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results