shape
carat
color
clarity

Big smiley hello from St. Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emmylou

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure where else to post this. . . . .so in the Hangout it goes!

I''d like to say hi to everyone, expecially my fellow MN''ers - I''ve noticed a few of them lurk around here!

I have browsed, lurked, drooled, read and re-read this forum for over a year. It''s amazing how much information is jam-packed here! It''s awesome! Where else can you find out which AGS000 to purchase, which Balenciaga bag to get AND get some killer healthy muffin recipes??? How did I make any worth-while decisions without Pricescope?!?! :)

A little background info on Emmylou:

I have lived here in MN all my life, my Grandmother and Great Grandmother first introduced me to the world of sparklies. I can remember sitting at my GG''s house playing in all her costume baubles!! Fast forward 24 years and there I was, in all my bridal glory - wearing dear GG''s diamond earrings for my wedding. I miss her dearly, and I know her love for jewels lives on in me! Me and my DH have been married just short of 2 years, on our first anniversary he purchased me a pair of antique pear halo earrings - my dear father jokingly said "Now you''ve done it, you''ve set the bar too high! You need to beat THAT for your second anniversary!! Ask her mother, I started with a roll of toilet paper. You can only go up from there." It was great!! My two favorite men in my life!

DH proposed twice. Well, technically three times. The first was 6 months after we first met. I laughed in his face, it was terrible! We had the "we should give it some time, and both graduate college, yada yada" talk. Did I mention we were both fresh out of High School? Yeah, waiting was a great thing! We got engaged Christmas of 2003. He asked my fathers permission over a manly dinner at Chris Ruth Steakhouse. Sort of a Last Supper ordeal! He proposed with a plain platinum shared-prong eternity band which later became my wedding band. I was a little kooky about not having a "true" engagement ring. I had my secret stash of bridal magazines hidden away in the closet (if my DH knew about that them is still in question) and a part of me was a tiny bit disappointed over not having "THE RING." I later realized that if I held out for a while we would be able to look for my "dream ring." Two weeks before our wedding, DH took me to the Duluth area to get away from all the wedding craziness for a night. There, he produced a tension-set .30 H&A solitaire. Between the time we got engaged and the time we were married we moved from our modest apartment to our current home, in the midst of all that he managed to find some funds to give me a ring! I was blown away! On September 24, 2005 we were married and I joined the "W-clan!" It really couldn''t have been more beautiful!! I really am a lucky gal!!

Now, the REAL reason for finally joining in on the fun. Well, besides all the fun diamond talk and vicarious shopping! I am finally able to get my ultimate dream ring!!
36.gif
Many of your own rings have inspired me to pursue the halo!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I have been alotted a pretty lienient budget and am looking forward to opinions and suggestions with this project!

DH and I have yet to purchase a "good" digital camera, so I will try my best to produce pics of my modest jewelry collection. I will have to read up on good picture taking threads. . .

Just wanted to make my first post here in the forums a big HELLO to you all and I am so very much looking forward to participating more on PS!

26.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there and welcome to PS!

How exciting, upgrading is always fun and you will not lack for amazing advice and input here!

Loved reading your story.

I too am a bling lover from way back. When I was literally 2 or so, we moved into our home that my mom still lives in. A lovely neighbor came to welcome us. I opened the door, announced to her my mom was not home, but did she want to see my mom''s jewelry? I grabbed her hand and dragged her down the hall. I would not have let her leave without a peek. She and my mom became great friends, and to this day she cracks up about it, and recalls how mortified she felt but could tell I was not a girl to be deterred from something!!!

Cannot wait to see your ideas and the progress of your new project!

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Diamondfan,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have read many of your posts, not to mention DROOLED over your jewels! I really appreciate the warm hello!

I love the note about your neighbor and mother! I can only imagine the look of surprise on her face and this youngster paraded her to her mom''s jewelry box! I am very glad they became great friends! The alternative could have been very bad! :)

A sidenote, I have a small kitchen plaque that reads "Everyone''s entitled to my opinion" that my MIL gave me this Christmas hanging above the stove... love your signature!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I cannot recall where I heard it but it sure fits sometimes!

This lady thankfully had a nice sense of humor and my mom knew, even at 2, that I was not to be denied what I wanted. It is one of those family stories that has never been forgotten. I too used to play with my grandmother''s costume stuff, all those rhinestone dangly earrings etc...and my nana''s jet jewelry, vintage stuff with rose gold. I swear I have always loved all kinds of bling. I must be part crow because I gravitate toward anything shiny!

Thanks for the compliments, I am happy that I have been able to gather some really good pieces and plan to continue, though hubby wishes otherwise! I told him, I am what I am, there is no turning back now! Just call me Liz (as in Taylor) but with only ONE hubby if you play your cards right! He did not grow up with a mom who liked nice jewelry so it took some getting used to...now she asks me if my stuff is new and how big it is. I am sure she tells all of her friends that I am jewel crazy, but I do not care. At 41, I am really beyond caring what other''s think, as long as my motives and heart are in the right place!

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:18:44 AM
Author: diamondfan
Thanks! I cannot recall where I heard it but it sure fits sometimes!

This lady thankfully had a nice sense of humor and my mom knew, even at 2, that I was not to be denied what I wanted. It is one of those family stories that has never been forgotten. I too used to play with my grandmother''s costume stuff, all those rhinestone dangly earrings etc...and my nana''s jet jewelry, vintage stuff with rose gold. I swear I have always loved all kinds of bling. I must be part crow because I gravitate toward anything shiny!

Thanks for the compliments, I am happy that I have been able to gather some really good pieces and plan to continue, though hubby wishes otherwise! I told him, I am what I am, there is no turning back now! Just call me Liz (as in Taylor) but with only ONE hubby if you play your cards right! He did not grow up with a mom who liked nice jewelry so it took some getting used to...now she asks me if my stuff is new and how big it is. I am sure she tells all of her friends that I am jewel crazy, but I do not care. At 41, I am really beyond caring what other''s think, as long as my motives and heart are in the right place!
Judging by many of your thoughtful posts, this rings true!

I think its that much MORE fun when you have family and friends who also share in your love of jewelry, in my case, I am still the crazy jewelry girl! Just wait till we have a daughter!
31.gif

Are Mynahbirds similar to crows? DH says I''m his Mynahbird!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think ALL birds like sparklies and shiny things!

I happen to have a couple of really good friends who also love bling. We ooh and aah and when I am buying something I often ask for their opinion. One of my dearest friends has a brother who is a jeweler and my cousin is also a gemologist in Calif so I have good resources. I always tell my husband that except for Hermes bags, that the only other gift I want from him is jewelry. I love to have it to commemorate an occasion. I also love art, but we do not often agree on subject matter, so jewelry is it! I tend to get myself perfume and purses, so I have just kept it simple with him! (I am training him quite well though...he is a quick study!)

I think you will love being an active member here, I think I lurked for a couple months while I was investingating my upgrade a while back, but quickly became hooked!

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Hermes, droooooooooool! Sadly, I had to inform some of my friends that is it not pronounced "Hurrrr-misss." I have been eyeing a few Chloe''s and a Python Gucci Bouvier bag. Handbags, my other vice!

It is always fun treating yourself to fun luxuries!!

I can''t wait to start gathering ideas for the upgrade!! Yay! So many inspiring pieces.... so little funds! Grow money tree grow!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you decided on a shape or setting ideas at all?

When are you starting the search?

We will all live vicariously through you and share in your experiences!

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 1:51:40 AM
Author: diamondfan
Have you decided on a shape or setting ideas at all?

When are you starting the search?

We will all live vicariously through you and share in your experiences!
Shape: yes, Asscher or squarish emerald, however it is very cumbersome to find ANYONE locally who has anything in their inventory to preview. We stopped in Tiffany''s about a month ago and I saw the most gorgeous Legacy with a nice chunky Asscher. Stick a fork in me, I was d-o-n-e! I was very turned off my the sales woman''s attitude and tone of voice with hubby however.
38.gif

I really am longing for a halo. I recently saw a stunning cabouchon emerald with long baugettes in a thin halo on Leon''s site that really has me pining. I also have Dee*Jay''s Kelege masterpiece bookmarked and saved! When DH looks through my folder of saved pics on the computer he just shakes his head and laughs.

I have been given my dollar restriction, so off to the races I go!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome aboard, Emmylou, and happy hunting!
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS and to the halo loving club! I have a halo enagagement ring myself and I love it! I just got it about a month ago and people comment on it all the time! I live in a smallish city and I''ve only seen one other person with a halo since I started checking out everyone''s bling around a year ago.

If you do a search for halo rings you should be able to find a "Show Me Your Halo Ring" thread. I have to find it again so I can add mine! There are also plenty in the regular SMTR folder, but that takes a while to go through! I''m up to page 66, I think...I need to finish going through them all!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Emmylou! I just wanted to say welcome to PS!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome and glad you are here
9.gif
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Emmylou!
35.gif
Glad you have joined us and I look forward to witnessing your upgrade journey!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there, and welcome!! I really enjoyed reading your story and it will be fun to see what type of ring you come up with. By the way, since you are in St. Paul, you might want to check out knoxjewelers.biz since they are located in minneapolis. I've worked with Brian twice now and he is really great to work with and I hear he's great in person as well.

Edit: Here's the threads to the rings he's made for us. Good luck with your search, your halo asscher sounds lovely.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-antique-garnet-ring-is-done-pics-inside.48251/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fis-18k-palladium-wedding-band-from-knoxjewelers-biz.58340/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results