shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Silver

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I jumped on the grey spinel train quite some time ago. I once compared one I have to the grey diamond of another PSer, and honestly couldn't see the difference, though it could have been the lighting. I like them as light as possible, ideally precision cut, but they usually come fairly small (for me). I checked out an oval of Julia B's a while ago and hemmed and hawed because I had other stuff on the go and it was a fat oval (very well cut but not "precision"). Not my favourite shape, but really should have kept it! This one came up from a different vendor, similar cut, but over a carat bigger and the prices have really gone up! Still had to go for it. It's about 3.85 cts, 11x9 or so. I know I'm crazy, but I'll be haloing it. :)

_5059.jpeg

_5060.jpeg

_5061.jpeg

_5062.jpeg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, had to post and run. Would a halo be obnoxious?

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Not at all. Go for it. Lovely stone

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
definitely halo! big is the way to go, and that colour would be lovely with diamonds. or a thick bezel?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halo, halo, HALO! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone! It will look fabulous with a halo :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! I love the silver/grey color, and definitely don't think it'll be too much with a halo :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Lovely stone! :love: I realize this is a stupid question, and I'll probably be in the minority, but are you thinking of haloing it with diamonds? Truth be told, I'm kinda on the fence about diamonds because the silver is so light. I think I'd love to see a unique take on Elle's Aurore (https://thegemstoneproject.com/the-aurore/). I'm worried the diamonds will blend too much with the stone, but that's coming from someone who likes a bit of differentiation. :) In terms of size, if you want/need/like bigger, then I say go for it! (Sorry if I got too into the details ... :oops: )

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking diamonds. What stones would you suggest, Sparklies?

I took some pics of all my greys. The big one is from ElleW of The Gemstone Project, the round in the ring is also from her, as well as the pair on the right. The small lightest one is a Barry cut (bought from a PSer), and the bigger loose round is from Peter Torraca. The cushion in the ring is from John B of Gemrite. It's more blue but can look pure grey at times, so I included it (it had its own thread in the past). Who, me? Hoard?

_5068.jpeg

_5069.jpeg

_5070.jpeg

_5071.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1470067543|4061312 said:
Lovely stone! :love: I realize this is a stupid question, and I'll probably be in the minority, but are you thinking of haloing it with diamonds? Truth be told, I'm kinda on the fence about diamonds because the silver is so light. I think I'd love to see a unique take on Elle's Aurore (https://thegemstoneproject.com/the-aurore/). I'm worried the diamonds will blend too much with the stone, but that's coming from someone who likes a bit of differentiation. :) In terms of size, if you want/need/like bigger, then I say go for it! (Sorry if I got too into the details ... :oops: )
I think pale pink will go well with it; a little contrast but doesn't compete with it.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyonce's "Halo" is now stuck in my head
Go for it! Gorgeous stone!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Halo? Naw - 5 stone halo!! :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Um, where have you been hiding these beauties?! :o :lickout: :love: They're all gorgeous in their own right. Wow!
I actually wasn't thinking stones at all, to be quite honest. I was thinking more of a metal halo, like Elle's Aurore. To my eyes, the brushed silver finish looks fantastic next to a sparkly, silvery stone - it doesn't compete or blend in. It doesn't have to be that exact design, but I think it'd be fun to partner with her and come up with something unique like it for your big silver. Whatever you do will be gorgeous though - it always is! ;-)

_37958.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, gotcha. I thought you meant putting some CS in the metal of the Aurore and was having trouble picturing it! Lol. The brushed metal does look cool next to the grey. Hmm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results