shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Gene violet sapphire, in Elle W/DK setting

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've tried posting this at least five times at this point, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to turn the pictures right side up, so forgive me if they're all sideways. Extremely frustrating.

This arrived today...I missed this stone! Hadn't seen it since the spring. Some of you might remember my holy grail violet sapphire, from Gene (I call it violet, he called it purple - it's a shifter, for sure!). It's just over 6 cts and about 9.7 mm. It is a deep stone (8.1 mm), so the ring sits up pretty high, which I will have to be careful with. The ring has both rose cut and brilliant cut pears. It was designed by Elle W and made by David Klass. My second ring of three by this team!

img_9590.jpg

img_9591.jpg

img_9592.jpg

img_9594.jpg

Reactions: CMN

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some macro pics...

img_0170.jpg

img_9596.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, NKOTB that ring is incredible! I love the Elle & DK combination that I've been seeing on the boards lately.

It's such a wonderfully designed piece, you must be thrilled! I hope you love it!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually don't pay much attention to settings, but this one is amazing in every way (as is the stone). Love how the placement of the pears..the combination is amazing.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, lovedogs and lilmosun! I wanted something somewhat understated, so I could still wear such a big stone on a more frequent basis (though it also crossed my mind to do some crazy halo bling blang, lol). One of Elle's talents is putting something slightly off the beaten path into a setting, so it can be simple, yet unique.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word, that is incredible! :love: The combo of stone and setting are so beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB,
Another gorgeous ring from you. I bet that's a sparkler, and such a lovely setting.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring! That sapphire is amazing.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To die for! stunning piece, congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous sapphire and a very chique setting. I love the color, cut, size and shape of the sapphire. It feels right at home in that beautiful setting. Love the rose cut pears in the profile.

Can you post a group pic of your DK/ElleW rings and what do you have in the making?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on another stunning ring. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Beautiful ring! :clap: :love: I wondered where that sapphire went and what it's been up to. ;-) Hopefully it feels as good as it looks on your finger. I'm sure the height will take some adjustment - my Gene tourmaline did - but you'll get used to it. Congrats on another very successful project, NKOTB!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely breathtaking! :drool:

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous. I really like the setting. It is a perfect compliment to the stone.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing stone, looks even more amazing now it's set!!!!

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW !!!

It just does not get any lovelier than that !!!!

The design, cutting, color, all the boxes are checked and you are one fortunate Lady !!

Congratulations :appl:

Most Respectfully;

Dana Reynolds
ASG Certified
Supreme Master Gem Cutter
#96CGE42

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

That's about the most perfect thing I've ever seen!

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
That is so unreal!!!!!! :appl:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Ok NKOTB. Just WOW WOW WOW

You have such a keen eye for color and cut (not just this sapphire but all your gems.) You collaborate so well with designers. You take chances. You have exquisite taste

Ok now for this particular ring- I love how it doesn't look like anything I've seen before. Each view (top and both profiles) are so different but part of a cohesive whole. Congratulations.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible! Such a beautiful sapphire and setting. :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
This one is a jaw dropper!!!

Incredible, honestly. IMO it's one of the nicest pieces I've seen here in awhile, which is saying a lot. I feel like you really went for it on this one and it shows!!

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous setting! What is your ring size? What is the size of pears?

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
sparkle_zo|1444340588|3936421 said:
Gorgeous setting! What is your ring size? What is the size of pears?
Her ring size is a 5.

And since she doesn't actually know the size of the pears, I can answer that. The shoulder pears are 2x3, and the rose cut pears are .47ct G color, VS clarity 5mm x 4mm. The total diamond carat weight is .90, VS, GH.

The sapphire is 6.2 cts, 9.7 mm. So the total weight for everything is 7.10ctw.

Also, the rise off the finger is about 9-9.5mm. It wasn't measured before it was shipped off.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgousness :love: :love: :love:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I keep coming back to admire the pictures here. Seriously, this is one of the prettiest rings ever! :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a stunner of a stone! And beautiful setting! :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning setting for your gorgeous stone! Wow! That color is just breathtaking! I love the details in the setting too! :appl:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is one of the most stunning gemstone rings I've seen on PS! What a gorgeous saturated violet colour. The rose cut pear is divine.

QuantumStuff

Rough_Rock
Wow

That is a rockstar if I have ever seen one. Hold on to that stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results