shape
carat
color
clarity

BIG fingers!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So I have been looking online about rings and larger fingers. I have had the same size finger since I was 12 years old (no matter how much I weigh!) , a ginormous 8.5 (
32.gif
) . My BF already knows and he bought me a claddagh ring about 2 years ago. my question is, is it better to have a ring style with a halo rather than a plain sloitaire setting(especially if the center stone will be no larger than 1.20 cts). any input would be GREATLY appreciated, and if someone would like to show me their larger hand (and not people who think a size 6 is large!) with ring that would be fantatsic!! Thanks so much!!

Laura
9.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
There are several women with that size and larger around here. Lemme go see where I posted some pics of a haloed sapphire around here. I''m an 8.

Ok...here it is. Half way down the first page I posted some pics. The sapphire is about 7mm, with the halo it is 9mm. Hope this helps

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-with-an-asscher-cut-sapphire.113792/

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bjedifish,

Here are two other threads that deal with larger sizes.

They show rings with and without halos

larger sizes 1

larger sizes 2

Cheers!

HD

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks a bunch!!

Laura
1.gif

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
My friend has a ring size of 9 1/4 and she has a Tiffany Legacy replica with a center stone of .75ct, which offers great finger coverage. I think the halo makes a difference.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any pictures, but I completely understand! Mine are 7.5-8, and I always feel like they are big ''ol fingers and there''s nothing I can do about it- and it especially bothers me because my mom and sister have long, elegant fingers, and I inherited short, stubby ones
7.gif

oh well!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Here is my SMTR thread. I have a size 8 finger and a small diamond. But oh how I love it so! No matter what you get, it will be gorgeous!

Link

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
One of my closest girlfriends got engaged a few weeks ago...she wears a size 9.5 and chose to get a 3-stone to give her optimal finger coverage without having to halo. A halo isn''t for everyone (or so I''ve been told).
9.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
ilovesparkles-- I love your ring! I just looked at the pictures, and I think it''s SO gorgeous!!!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2009 5:32:31 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Here is my SMTR thread. I have a size 8 finger and a small diamond. But oh how I love it so! No matter what you get, it will be gorgeous!

Link

ilovesparkels!! Wow that is sooo beautiful and it looks fantastic on your finger, not small at all!! Thanks for the link!!
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
before i read the other posts i want to say that a halo is a preference choice. dont get a halo because you think it will make the ring look bigger on your "ginormous" finger. if you do that and dont really like the look of a halo you will be sad about it later

i know that i have seen a table that shows what percentage of your finger that carat size will cover. hopefully someone has posted it, if not i will look for it for you. that may help you decide

also side stones will help too, without using a halo if you dont like it.

i found it
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finger-size-fretting.93017/
go part of the way down and you will see the table

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have an 8.5 finger size too. Size R in UK sizing.

I have a modest sized ring, which is pretty average for UK diamond sizes really. The centre stone is an RB .33 carat diamond and I have 14 points of channel set shoulder stones.

My fingers are pudgy, but this delicate ring looks lovely on my finger. I am actually worried because my wedding ring is 5mm wide and really makes my finger oudge out, I wish I had gone for somethingaround 3-4 mm in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results