shape
carat
color
clarity

Big difference between HCA 2.5 and HCA 2.3?? Last Question (Hopefully) :=)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bools

Rough_Rock
Big differences b/t 2.5 and 2.3 HCA's?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Garry or Leonid will have to confirm this but I doubt there is a meaningful difference between scores of 2.3 and 2.5. I think Garry has noted in the past that the HCA is not precise enough for those kinds of distinctions.

As far as spread, you've got a difference (going by average girdle diameter) of 0.065 mm. You might be able to tell them apart side-by-side but it's unlikely anyone else will. Stone 1 may look a tiny bit larger but it has a thinner girdle that may be a tad more prone to chipping.

I think at this point you just have to decide which one you like better and forget the numbers. She's not going to be wearing an HCA score.

bools

Rough_Rock
More prone to chipping? I guess this is a very thin - thin girdle. That may be a problem
sad.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Only a tad more. And it really depends on how it's mounted and how hard she is on her jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results