shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Blue's Gorgeous Green Sister!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting for my new sapphire is in the works, but "the stone that got away," and that took me to Ivy and Rose in December where I ended up finding Big Blue, was GREEN! I decided to sleep on an emerald over night... and by morning it was SOLD. I was verklempt. I tried to drink my way to forgetting, but alas every time I closed my eyes all I saw was my emerald sailing across the ocean to a new owner--an owner that wasn't ME!

I contacted Ilya and explained my woe... and he worked a miracle! He said he had access to more stones from the same mine and gave me a few options. Honestly, they were all beautiful, but one of them just SPOKE to me. Today I went down to visit My Green Girl before she takes a little trip to GIA, which should take a month or so.

In the mean time I've got photos: 5.36 cts of UNOILED minty green loveliness!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5CF0BE98-849C-45BE-A02B-B29BB026D1D0.jpeg

ETA: This is NOT my stone -- it's the top one in the pic with the two together.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the mintiness of the colour
What colour will you set her in ?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is very very clean -- the second cleanest stone I've ever seen in person. THE cleanest emerald I've ever seen is the squareish one in the 4th and 5th pics. I have to confess I was tempted for a moment... but that one is a little lighter and I prefer the color of the original stone a little bit more. Plus, I gravitate more toward elongated stones.

That second stone though is am amazing deal if anyone's looking; 5.2 cts and UNOILED per GIA 9it's already certed) at $3,800! If I had never seen the other one I'd be on that like white on rice! Ilya also got in a beautiful 2.11 that's on it's way to GIA with mine. Another steal at $1,800.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the mintiness of the colour
What colour will you set her in ?

Ilya and I talked about that today... and I think I'm going platinum! We also talked about side stones and he suggested something that had popped into my mind -- fancy yellow. But I have pretty much moved on from that now to white white.

ETA: For settings I've am heavily leaning toward something, right now, but am always open to ideas from the creative PSers!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is beautiful!! Definitely white metal and white diamonds - that mint color deserves white ice! Can’t wait to see it finished - sure to be yummy! Glad it worked out for you.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I can see why you are smitten!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow wow wow it's beyond gorgeous!!! And the price on the square one is just insanity! So happy for you and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congrats! Love it! Can’t wait to see the finished ring.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a yummy color! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely jewel!! Oh, this will be an awesome project!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That emerald is such a fabulous color! I can’t wait to see it set in a ring.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Its absolutely beautiful!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooo what a beautiful stone! Congrats...good things come to those who wait as they say. Yes definitely I would do plat with two icy white diamond to flank the sides. iMHO I would flank with diamonds in square or rectangle cuts. For a classic style that will not detract from that stone, two huge tapered baguettes or a pair of tapered baguettes on each side. So classic. I am not a fan of trillions but trapezoids or bullets my look cool too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! An EC emerald, what could be better. I'm so into ECs these days, lol. I can't wait to see it set.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Scotch Irish is jealous. Perfect stone for me!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You've got yourself a great stone, you saved your liver, no more nightmares, everything's copacetic! :bigsmile:
I have to admit I'm super intrigued by the idea of pale yellow diamond sides...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh that’s a stunner @Dee*Jay! Can’t wait to see what you have in mind for her!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous stone @Dee*Jay!!! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful Emerald @Dee*Jay! I dont think I've ever seen a minty color like that. Its so "refreshing" IMO!
The polish on it looks amazing!

Cant wait to see what you do with this...glad you didnt let this one get away!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some setting ideas I like. Not sure how fancy or intricate you're wanting to go. These are pretty simple.

Capture.PNG

It might be too big for something like this.

Capture.PNG

If think round sides would be pretty...not a great example but...
Capture.PNG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized I got so wrapped up figuring out what to do with my sapphire setting that I forgot to come back here to thank everyone for the nice comments on the emerald. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing... :cheeky:

MGR, I do think white white is the way to go for sides, although I was momentarily tempted by yellow. But then again, I am momentarily tempted by everything along the way, LOL.

Rfisher, I feel kind of ridiculous using words like "smitten" -- makes it sound like a dime store romance novel -- but I can't help myself!

lovedogs, the asscher is amazing in it's clarity. I swear, I might always wonder "what if" by not getting that one...

Dmndsr4ev411, I'm hoping putting together a finished ring for this tone will be less work that getting the sapphire together!

lulu, thank you! And I absolutely love your eternity band -- it is so beautiful.

Running, "lovely" is such a nice compliment. Thank you!

Marcy, the color is actually a little darker in person than what I see in the pics (on my screen anyway), but it's still pretty awesome.

Thank you Bling Dream!

Lambie, I'm thinking maybe white emerald sides. The question is what size. Ilya is getting some in to look at with the stone when it comes back from GIA. I'm trying to balance a nice proportion with how much room I actually have across my finger.

Catmom, I can't believe how mesmerized I am by emerald cuts right now! Diamonds... Emeralds... Sapphires... Rubies... every EC I come across catches my interest immediately.

April, you are, of course, welcome to borrow it any time!

IMY, the yellow concept is kind of cool, isn't it?! As for my liver... HA!

Yenny, you always have such good ideas! If you come up with any ideas please throw it out because I'd love to see them!

Thank you Junebug!

tyty, I love the ideas you posted! Traps are very tempting, but I already have the other ring with an elongated step cut and traps so I'm trying hard not to be a one trip pony.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, DeeJay!!! Can't wait to see it set! Gosh, you know how to tempt people showing us the runner up!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, DeeJay!!! Can't wait to see it set! Gosh, you know how to tempt people showing us the runner up!!!!

LOL DS, the runner up is Beautiful with a capital B! The 2.11 (which for some reason I didn't get a pic of...?) is no slouch either. I swear, at $1,800 for the 2.11 I'm temped to get it and do something completely different than with this one, like put it in an ornate halo.

The mine Ilya has access to for these emeralds is pulling some amazing stuff out of the ground. I Honestly never thought I'd get a an emerald because I only wanted unoiled and the prices are usually so $$$ for anything at all clean. And even though the one I chose is one is slightly more included than the runner up, I am very very happy with it because I prefer the slightly darker color. I really feel lucky to have this stone!

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized I got so wrapped up figuring out what to do with my sapphire setting that I forgot to come back here to thank everyone for the nice comments on the emerald. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing... :cheeky:

MGR, I do think white white is the way to go for sides, although I was momentarily tempted by yellow. But then again, I am momentarily tempted by everything along the way, LOL.

Rfisher, I feel kind of ridiculous using words like "smitten" -- makes it sound like a dime store romance novel -- but I can't help myself!

lovedogs, the asscher is amazing in it's clarity. I swear, I might always wonder "what if" by not getting that one...

Dmndsr4ev411, I'm hoping putting together a finished ring for this tone will be less work that getting the sapphire together!

lulu, thank you! And I absolutely love your eternity band -- it is so beautiful.

Running, "lovely" is such a nice compliment. Thank you!

Marcy, the color is actually a little darker in person than what I see in the pics (on my screen anyway), but it's still pretty awesome.

Thank you Bling Dream!

Lambie, I'm thinking maybe white emerald sides. The question is what size. Ilya is getting some in to look at with the stone when it comes back from GIA. I'm trying to balance a nice proportion with how much room I actually have across my finger.

Catmom, I can't believe how mesmerized I am by emerald cuts right now! Diamonds... Emeralds... Sapphires... Rubies... every EC I come across catches my interest immediately.

April, you are, of course, welcome to borrow it any time!

IMY, the yellow concept is kind of cool, isn't it?! As for my liver... HA!

Yenny, you always have such good ideas! If you come up with any ideas please throw it out because I'd love to see them!

Thank you Junebug!

tyty, I love the ideas you posted! Traps are very tempting, but I already have the other ring with an elongated step cut and traps so I'm trying hard not to be a one trip pony.

Oh me toooo! I always have been but lately it's become an obsession, lol.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Found this after seeing your earlier post today @Dee*Jay . Lovely stones! What is the origin?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results