shape
carat
color
clarity

Bicolor tourmaline on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vanessa_b

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''m a newbie but I''ve been reading threads on here long enough to know that eBay stones are risky at best. But I saw
this pretty tourmaline today and it''s calling out to me. So lay it on me! What''s likely to be bad with this one? Is that color likely to be natural, or treated, or photoshopped? Anything else to look out for? Thanks!
1.gif

vanessatourm.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmalines aren't usually treated except for pinks but this one has a vibrant colour that's enough to make me pause and wonder if the colour has been amped up. Bi colours typically don't have awesome colour on both sides.

ETA
The picture of the stone between the fingers is more representative of the real colour. See how the stone darkened up compared to the front page picture? More extinction and the colour is more muted. It's still a pretty stone but not as flashy as the one you posted.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the photo is color enhanced, and what you'll likely end up with is very dark and greyish blue stone. I don't trust the picture between the fingers either. Lighting and other methods are used to show stones like that in the very best possible conditions.

I know this is weird, but when I look for stones on ebay, I look for the most blah pictures, they end up showing the true representation of a stone.

Bad feedback on this seller as well.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=happyjewel4u&ref=home

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That doesn''t look natural to me. My guess is that it is really some sort of synthetic, not mined tourmaline.

Then again, I am a cynic.

vanessa_b

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I''m not going to buy it, especially after seeing the negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results