shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Loose Stone arrrived ...

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
So I'm not sure how I feel :/ I do like it but its not love. It is a D VVS2, is it TOO white? I didnt think that was a thing lol. I think expected more bold flashes of color but it doesnt really have that. Should I be looking for a different color? or ?? I attached a couple of pics but Im not much of a photographer. BGD.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 125

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any directed lighting sources to view it under, such as halogen style or LED bulbs in a kitchen or bathroom? That should bring out the fire.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Do you have any directed lighting sources to view it under, such as halogen style or LED bulbs in a kitchen or bathroom? That should bring out the fire.

We do have LED lights in both but I cant seem to get a good picture. It is white and sparkly but not seeing any "fire" I guess. I like bold flashes of color but def not seeing that.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
like bold flashes of color
Won't find that in an mrb.
The biggest fire is from the mains(arrows) and they are not that big compared to the size of the stone.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Won't find that in an mrb.
The biggest fire is from the mains(arrows) and they are not that big compared to the size of the stone.

I had a 1.4 MRB F color mined diamond previously and I feel like that had lots of flashes of color. This kind of looks like glass. Is it because its a D color or the fact that it is LGD? Or do I need to look for different specs?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 1.4 MRB F color mined diamond previously and I feel like that had lots of flashes of color. This kind of looks like glass. Is it because its a D color or the fact that it is LGD? Or do I need to look for different specs?

Nothing to do with it being a LGD. Or the color of the stone. Neither has anything to do with how much fire a stone exhibits.

You may not like the cutting style of a super ideal stone. I am sure the cut nuts here can help you determine the best type of cut for bold flashes of fire. Perhaps you would prefer an antique cut instead.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Jax172--it's nothing to do with the D color or the fact that it's LGD.

The best location I've found for colored light return is under a broad leafy tree on a sunny day.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Nothing to do with it being a LGD. Or the color of the stone. Neither has anything to do with how much fire a stone exhibits.

You may not like the cutting style of a super ideal stone. I am sure the cut nuts here can help you determine the best type of cut for bold flashes of fire. Perhaps you would prefer an antique cut instead.

Thats what is weird, my mined diamond WAS a super ideal cut and I loved that one ???

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others. The D color/LGD has nothing to do with the lack of fire. Did you compare the stats with your mind diamond? Perhaps the proportions are different and therefore giving you a different look?

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the others. The D color/LGD has nothing to do with the lack of fire. Did you compare the stats with your mind diamond? Perhaps the proportions are different and therefore giving you a different look?

I no longer have it :(

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm… it looks like there is a lot of splintery fire. This might not be the cut for you if you want broad flashes of fire. IANAE on superideal MRB so cannot say why your other one was fiery-er. FWIW my fiery-est diamond is a cheap antique cushion LGD.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Even very well cut rounds have different personalities and a range of looks in different lighting.
But to get a significant difference then another design/cut may be more to your liking.
The days of the modern ideal cut round being the end all of end all are over, never really existed but more people are catching on now.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Do you know the report # if it had one?
What size or weight was it?

I bought it from James Allen it definitely had one and Im sure I have photos somewhere, I have been looking but havent located any yet :/ I have seen BGD diamonds IRL life before and loved them, I have two tennis bracelets from them I wear daily as well as a pendant but for some reason I dont love this diamond

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mind posting the report of the new one?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I know this may be a basic question, but is the diamond clean without finger prints from handling, etc.?
Do you have temporary stone holder instead of it being right on your hand? Looking at the report, it seems that it should have more fire.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @DejaWiz !! With those stats should be beautiful...I would think. Surprising.

Should be.
But, as Karl_K mentioned, even the best cut MRBs with nearly identical proportions can have different performance personalities. It can be a trial and error process to find "the one" that exhibits the traits that are desired.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it so much. I cannot pinpoint what exactly it is that I am not loving as it is perfect on paper . Maybe its just the D color really is too icy for me? I ordered a pair of earrings also from DG and those should be F/G so hopefully they arrive before my return period is up on this to compare them.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it so much. I cannot pinpoint what exactly it is that I am not loving as it is perfect on paper . Maybe its just the D color really is too icy for me? I ordered a pair of earrings also from DG and those should be F/G so hopefully they arrive before my return period is up on this to compare them.

If you are thinking of returning/exchanging your BG LGD, then maybe try to find an alternative that has:

40.6-40.7° PA
As close to a 35° CA as possible
Smaller table width, like 54-55%
Slightly taller crown height, around 15.5%
75-76% LGF

Not a guarantee, but may increase your chances of finding the fiery personality that you're wanting.
...and see if BG can provide videos of fire in various direct lighting conditions for any diamonds that you are interested in.

Last edited:

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
If you are thinking of returning/exchanging your BG LGD, then maybe try to find an alternative that has:

40.6-40.7° PA
As close to a 35° CA as possible
Smaller table width, like 54-55%
Slightly taller crown height, around 15.5%
75-76% LGF

Not a guarantee, but may increase your chances of finding the fiery personality that you're wanting.
...and see if BG can provide videos of fire in various direct lighting conditions for any diamonds that you are interested in.

Thank you I appreciate this very much!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
The studs from DG arrived today. They are pretty and these have more movement than the loose stone from BGD which is odd to me.
I attached a pic of both but my photo skills aren’t very good.
I showed the loose stone to my daughter this morning and only asked her What do you think? She held it next to her Ideal cut H color from IDJ and said ummm I’m not sure it looks cloudy or kind of dull maybe, something ….
So I guess it’s not just me lol

The studs are not in the right setting and I’m unsure about keeping them. Jonathan said I could return them and he will reset or if I just return I have to pay shipping.

97B26879-9E39-435F-95FB-68F489389F5B.jpeg

Attachments

• D2D340A0-3BD9-4DBD-8417-ABCE3B56C7DF.jpeg
    D2D340A0-3BD9-4DBD-8417-ABCE3B56C7DF.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 93

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Also a pic of the DG Labs 2.28 with my current 1.58 mined studs E/F SI2 35AA0EA9-D162-4A97-B1A2-CF7034CC7B82.jpeg

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
The studs from DG arrived today. They are pretty and these have more movement than the loose stone from BGD which is odd to me.
I showed the loose stone to my daughter this morning and only asked her What do you think? She held it next to her Ideal cut H color from IDJ and said ummm I’m not sure it looks cloudy or kind of dull maybe, something ….

The studs are not in the right setting and I’m unsure about keeping them. Jonathan said I could return them and he will reset or if I just return I have to pay shipping.

Beautiful earrings! Would you mind sharing the specs on them? :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Wow...the comparison of the loose stone.
Blows my mind that a D VVS2 would have a bit of a dull or hazy appearance.
Definitely send that puppy back and find an alternative!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I too am surprised a BGD in-house stone would be dull in person. We would be happy to help you search for a different one once you return this one!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I too am surprised a BGD in-house stone would be dull in person. We would be happy to help you search for a different one once you return this one!

Thanks Kim! So I decided to order a stone you recommended from Ritani. I will post it when it arrives :)
Im also undecided on the studs as well. My husband thinks I should look for individual stones with GIA or Gcal for those since I have to send the preset ones back bc the setting is wrong anyway, thoughts??

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kim! So I decided to order a stone you recommended from Ritani. I will post it when it arrives :)
Im also undecided on the studs as well. My husband thinks I should look for individual stones with GIA or Gcal for those since I have to send the preset ones back bc the setting is wrong anyway, thoughts??

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the Ritani stone!

Are the stud stones ungraded? If so, I agree you'll have more control over the specs if you select individual stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results