shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Cushion - Let Me Know What You Think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

First of all, hello! I''ve been a lurker for quite some time now and finally registered to be able to post questions about a stone I am currently considering purchasing.

I have decided (with input from the FF of course) that cushion is the way I''d like to go, although I''m not crazy about big chunky or rectangular cushions. I am also not crazy about the square H&A cushions. They are beautiful stones, but we''re just not crazy about them. I know there have been threads about the new line of BGD cushions (some very heated!), but I am going to post another one because I am seriously considering one.

Below is a GIA cert. 1.2c I SI1 excellent polish and symmetry. Of course since this is a Brian Gavin stone it shows beautifully and is eye clean. I will be giving Brian a call later in the day to discuss, but wanted to get everyone''s opinion here as well as to get good ideas for questions I can ask when I talk with him.

SARIN:

GIA-2101873054.jpg

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
ASET:

ASET2101873054.jpg

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope

IDS2101873054.jpg

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 1

pic16514614.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Pic 2

pic26515612.JPG

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
3 Stones. It''s the one in the middle.

3stones6816.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh! I love it. I have somehow missed the threads about Brians cushions. It looks beautiful to me! I know very little about cushions, but the thing I love most about Brian and Lesley is that it really
doesnt matter how much you know about a stone, you are always assured of getting a beautiful one from them.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a lovely cushion if that''s the style you''re going for!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a very pretty cushion, my taste tends to run towards the chunkier type on the right but you say that isn''t your preference which is absolutely fine! I would ask him how the I colour shows itself and the performance nuances, it has a very nice crown height so I would be very interested how the fire shows in this stone.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 9:29:05 AM
Author:311Hokie
Hi Everyone,

First of all, hello! I''ve been a lurker for quite some time now and finally registered to be able to post questions about a stone I am currently considering purchasing.

I have decided (with input from the FF of course) that cushion is the way I''d like to go, although I''m not crazy about big chunky or rectangular cushions. I am also not crazy about the square H&A cushions. They are beautiful stones, but we''re just not crazy about them. I know there have been threads about the new line of BGD cushions (some very heated!), but I am going to post another one because I am seriously considering one.

Below is a GIA cert. 1.2c I SI1 excellent polish and symmetry. Of course since this is a Brian Gavin stone it shows beautifully and is eye clean. I will be giving Brian a call later in the day to discuss, but wanted to get everyone''s opinion here as well as to get good ideas for questions I can ask when I talk with him.

SARIN:
The best thing to do is to view the stone in person. I would view it under a table, in dim lighting, in candle lighting, in natural sunlight, under spot lighting etc. I think your personal observations are a lot more important than anything we can say here. If you can''t see it with Brian I''d have it shipped to a PS appraisor local to you or to you directly to view in person.

Good-luck,

CCL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very interested to hear how this goes, let us know what Brian has to say about this diamond and how you then decide to proceed.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. Love it!!! I''m not a huge chunky fan, so this tickles my fancy quite well! It looks fantastic!

311Hokie

Rough_Rock
Will do!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2009 10:05:47 AM
Author: Lorelei
Its a very pretty cushion, my taste tends to run towards the chunkier type on the right but you say that isn''t your preference which is absolutely fine! I would ask him how the I colour shows itself and the performance nuances, it has a very nice crown height so I would be very interested how the fire shows in this stone.
I''m in the same boat.. Its very pretty, Would love to see how this perform on video
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results