shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Cushion & DK Solitaire

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Hello again everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick update - I proposed to my wonderful girlfriend of five years this past weekend while we were away on a mini-vacation in Gettysburg, PA. Over the past few years she has always affectionately called me "mi principe" which translates to "my prince" in Spanish, from there I began to devise a plan to propose to her at one of the monuments in Gettysburg on Little Round Top that has the appearance of a castle tower so that she would feel like the princess she truly is. She was at the top of the tower and I proposed to her from the bottom just as she finished taking in the scenery. I can happily report that she ecstatically accepted my proposal, and more so than that she is completely in love with her engagement ring. I could not thank this forum enough for all of the guidance, tips, and encouraging comments I received throughout the process of finding her stone and sending it off (albeit nervously at the beginning) to David Klass for the setting. Attached are a a few photos of the proposal/ring/location. I'd like to send out a special shoutout to tyty333, Niel, and DS2006. All of you ladies were so helpful in replying to my threads on RT. Without further ado, here's the good stuff:

LRT Castle.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg
IMG_2474-2.JPG FullSizeRender-1.jpg IMG_2487.JPG

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring! I know the stone must be amazing! BGD's diamonds are off the charts with sparkle. The setting is stunning! DK is an amazing artist! Enjoy! :love::love::love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Congrats and thanks for sharing these pictures with us!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing proposal!! The scenery looks incredible! You picked a lovely ring and it looks wonderful on her. :love: Congrats on this exciting time!!

P

PierreBear

Congrats on the engagement! Ring looks beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous and looks SO pretty on her hand! :love::appl: What a beautiful place to get engaged! Thanks for sharing such a special time with us. Congrats, so happy for you both!

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your kind comments everyone! I was pleasantly surprised by David's attention to detail and workmanship, although the center stone isn't all too big, it's definitely got a lot of personality!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring & beautiful pictures! Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and great pictures. Congratulations.

shinebright

Rough_Rock
@BAS2348 what's your fiancé's ring size? I was considering BGD cushion too and thought I'd need a stone bigger than my budget but seeing your pics is changing my mind. Nice ring, btw.

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Thank you @JDDN, @Alex T, and @marcy !

@shinebright - Thank you! Her ring size is 5, the center stone is a 0.69 ct H&A cushion, I think we were also very surprised at how big the stone looked once it was set, if you need to stretch your budget a little you could also do a halo and that adds some more finger coverage! Let me know if you have any other questions I would be happy to help.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just lovely. I love how it looks on her hand. So white and the shape of the stone flatters as well. I bet she just loves it

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
This is just lovely. I love how it looks on her hand. So white and the shape of the stone flatters as well. I bet she just loves it
Thank you Niel! I think she's very happy that we ended up moving away from the three stone idea. I've caught her staring at it more than once so it's safe to say that she does indeed love her ring!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, classic & elegant, congrats on your engagement!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick update - I proposed to my wonderful girlfriend of five years this past weekend while we were away on a mini-vacation in Gettysburg, PA. Over the past few years she has always affectionately called me "mi principe" which translates to "my prince" in Spanish, from there I began to devise a plan to propose to her at one of the monuments in Gettysburg on Little Round Top that has the appearance of a castle tower so that she would feel like the princess she truly is. She was at the top of the tower and I proposed to her from the bottom just as she finished taking in the scenery. I can happily report that she ecstatically accepted my proposal, and more so than that she is completely in love with her engagement ring. I could not thank this forum enough for all of the guidance, tips, and encouraging comments I received throughout the process of finding her stone and sending it off (albeit nervously at the beginning) to David Klass for the setting. Attached are a a few photos of the proposal/ring/location. I'd like to send out a special shoutout to tyty333, Niel, and DS2006. All of you ladies were so helpful in replying to my threads on RT. Without further ado, here's the good stuff:

LRT Castle.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg
IMG_2474-2.JPG FullSizeRender-1.jpg IMG_2487.JPG

Wow! it's so beautiful!!! took my breath away.. what a great setting!! ! congratulations!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Love this! :love: The ring, the proposal, so beautiful! Great job. :appl:

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Small update!
We received her wedding band today! David's work is absolutely impeccable. The picture does not do the band justice, he also posted a video of the set on his Instagram!

IMG_2638.JPG

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is wonderful, and that wedding band wit it is perfect!!! Congratulations what a romantic proposal!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations BAS2348! It turned out beautiful! Lovely place to get engaged!
I'm so happy for you and your "Princess"!

(Thank you for the shout out...it was our pleasure to help!)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and band!!! David did a great job and you have amazing taste.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful couple and beautiful ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results