shape
carat
color
clarity

BF''s about to plunk down $$, help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
hello all,

i would appreciate anyone''s opinion. my boyfriend is about to put a deposit down on a diamond, and we were sent some info on the diamond. knowing just enough to get into trouble, i looked at it and love the rock, but would feel better knowing it''s a decent diamond, since my boyfriend''s spending a lotta money on it.

here''s the nitty gritty:

gia: 15296859
princess
2 ct
E, VVS2
7.16 x 6.82 x 5.05
depth: 74%
table: 69.7
girdle thickness: 1.5%
no fluorescence or culet.

thanks for anyone that can provide some info.

cheers,
E

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course he''s spending a lot of money! It''s an E VVS!

Um. Have you considered a G VS?

The VVS is just flat out overkilll... you are paying for something you can not see-- and will not see! I have a VS1 and can barely see my inclusions under 40 magnification at 10 magnification-- forget it.

As for the E... in the colorless range F is by far the best value... but one step down to G saves a lot of $$ and unless you are VERY color sensitive you won''t be able to see a difference there either once the diamond is set.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
as an investment though the higher color hgher clarity stones have have the best ROI. they have consistently gone up on the price lists more often i believe

Arcam

Rough_Rock
"as an investment though the higher color hgher clarity stones have have the best ROI"

as an investment, the average person will be lucky to get back 50-60% of what they paid (assuming they can''t return it to a vendor) It will probably take many years before the average person will break even, let alone make it a reasonable investment.

Emperisse

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for all of your opinion.

i understand the price is definitely something to balk at. since this is an engagement ring, i''m not really seeking an ROI. all i wanted to know was if this diamond was ''sound''.

still, the points of a G and a VS are well taken, and i will definitely take those into account when buying the wedding band and earrings in the future.

though i totally understand that no one else will know it''s an E or VVS2, i will know...and it''s important for me to know. although, when i initially set out on my search, i was looking for a G or F...it just so happened w/my other spec requests that an E came up.

but again, thanks for all your help and comments. it always helps to have a lil support and others'' ideas.

--E

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results