shape
carat
color
clarity

BFP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I got a BFP!!!

DH and I got married 10/12 and were not trying, but not "not trying" - we were plannig to start officially (charting and everything) trying in March or so. . .

I have no idea when I O''d (as I wasn''t charting or anything) and my cycle is VERY irregular so I don''t know how many days late I''d be considered, but the first day of my LMP was 11/11. We''re thinking it happened over Thanksgiving weekend.

I POAS-ed Sunday evening and again Monday morning and got faint lines both times - everything online says a line is a line is a line, but I didn''t really believe it... but I used a digital one today and got a "YES+"!!!
36.gif

My doctor doesn''t want to see me for a while so I don''t have an appointment till 1/20
7.gif

I''m SO excited and want to tell everyone, but I know it''s not time yet. . . PSers will have to suffice for now! When do you think I can start being "really" excited/telling our parents?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

As for telling parents, everyone is different. I told my mom right away (literally 5 minutes after taking the test). But my mom is my best friend and one of the strongest people I have ever met. I knew that if I told her and God forbid something happened, I would want to lean on her for support and sympathy. She had also been through so many m/c herself that I know she would be able to get past the grandma feelings and be mom to me.

FI''s parents were another story. They are extremely sensitive and I didn''t want to tell them but FI wanted to. And being that those are his parents, I let him make the decision. We told them about two weeks later. Of course the consequence of that is if they hear anything bad, they immediately start to worry. I had a sore throat for about three days and my FMIL did not leave my house. She would come over with her homemade recipes and send me to bed while she cleaned. Yeah you heard right.
32.gif

Anyway like I said, totally up to you and what you feel is right.

Congrats again!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Buttercup!
36.gif

DH & I having been TTC for a few months with no success, but that doesn''t mean I can''t be happy when someone else gets the BFP!!

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

I told my mom before I told DH.....

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Buttercup!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Many wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

PS - I agree with INLUV, if you spend any time on the TTC board you will see that all of us are thrilled when one of us gets a BFP. You might consider emailing admin to change the title of this post as it''s a little insensitive IMHO.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I wish you a healthy pregnancy.

It''s up to you when you want to start spreading the good news. We told my family the day after we got a BFP!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 5:42:59 PM
Author: NovemberBride

PS - I agree with INLUV, if you spend any time on the TTC board you will see that all of us are thrilled when one of us gets a BFP. You might consider emailing admin to change the title of this post as it''s a little insensitive IMHO.

Oh, no! That was not my intention AT ALL - I was just thinking that if I were TTC and it was not going well, it would probably bum me out if some chick got PG without even trying... I know it''s not the same thing, but before DH and I were engaged (when I really, really wanted to be) I got a real twinge whenever someone else got engaged. . . I was trying not to offend and have offended in the process.
8.gif
I''m so sorry.

Thank you to everyone for their congrats!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock

I agree wholeheartedly. The women on the TTC board are a great group of people - all of whom are supportive and happy when we learn that another TTC''er has gotten pregnant.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

But between the title of this thread and the winking icon, well, I found it to be very insensitive.

Best to you.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Buttercup,

No worries at all, just wanted to let you know that while you are right that it can be a little bit of a bummer when someone who is not trying gets KTFU when you have been trying for a while, I think all of us here love to hear good news! TTC or not, it''s very exciting news and I am thrilled for you and your new DH!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
littlelysser - Thank you so much for your well wishes. Again, I''m really very sorry for coming across as insensitive - it is so the opposite of my intent. I apologize. I have e-mailed the admin requesting that they change the title of the post.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Buttercup!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 5:51:08 PM
Author: buttercup80

PS - I agree with INLUV, if you spend any time on the TTC board you will see that all of us are thrilled when one of us gets a BFP. You might consider emailing admin to change the title of this post as it's a little insensitive IMHO.

Oh, no! That was not my intention AT ALL - I was just thinking that if I were TTC and it was not going well, it would probably bum me out if some chick got PG without even trying... I know it's not the same thing, but before DH and I were engaged (when I really, really wanted to be) I got a real twinge whenever someone else got engaged. . . I was trying not to offend and have offended in the process.
8.gif
I'm so sorry.

Thank you to everyone for their congrats!

We know you didn't mean it...but I also think it's a tad insensitive, so I would use the REPORT CONCERN button to ask admin to change the title of the thread. Then it won't be offensive at all. CONGRATS!

ETA: Sorry, see you did it already.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I feel terrible. I''m trying to get the thread title changed right now. . .

I was not at all trying to imply that anyone would be less than congratulatory or incapable of being happy for someone else. . . I do read the TTC board and am so impressed with all the ladies their and the support for each other. I was over on BWW for a while and really appreciated all the advice from people whom I''d never met, but felt I''d come to know a little bit. . . I see some familiar faces over here - I just didn''t want to be the newcomer who got KTFU without doing all the charting and work and then bragged about it. I know I would be happy for someone else in the oppposite situation, but I think it might make me feel a little bad, too.

I''m really, really excited - even though it''s early days - and I didn''t want to cause anyone any sadness.

I feel badly about the misstep.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!! Get over and join us on the preggo thread! I think deciding when to tell is a very personal decision. I wouldn''t tell anyone before hearing a heartbeat that you wouldn''t want to know if something were to go wrong.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I''m not entirely sure what BFP stands for, but I can read your excitement! Yayyy!!! Glad you can share it with us first. Congrats!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 6:15:51 PM
Author: Elmorton
To be honest, I''m not entirely sure what BFP stands for, but I can read your excitement! Yayyy!!! Glad you can share it with us first. Congrats!!!

Big fat positive, she''s preggo.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
No worries. Just thought you''d want to know.

Congrats again!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, thanks Neatfreak. I got the preggers part, and I guessed that the P was for positive, but the BF was getting me stuck. :) Anyway, Big fat congrats, Buttercup!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks everyone!

I''m so excited and I want to tell everyone I know - but I don''t even get to go to the doctor until 1/20! This month is going to be excruciating. . . and I''m scared to death that something will go wrong - I''m so paranoid about going to the bathroom! I keep feeling like it''s not real. . .

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Best wishes too!

ps. I did not know what BFP meant and do not hang out in TTC, so was not offended.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We told my parents at 12DPO - ie as soon as I got a BFP on the digi!

I can''t keep my own secrets at all.
1.gif

We gradually told friends and family over the next few weeks and went completly public after the 12 week NT scan.

It''s up to you when you tell people. If I had lost the baby I would equally have wanted support from friends and family, so better that they knew to start with was our theory.

However, it''s a personal choice and totally up to you!

Congratulations... and I hope your pregnancy is more fun than mine has been so far! Enjoy the weeks before the m/s kicks in!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That is great!

As for when to tell, some tell right away others wait. I told my best friends who knew I was trying right away, and then told my mom after a week and DH''s parents after about 3 weeks, but we didn''t go public until 12 weeks, which is the time when risks of miscarriage drop to as low as they will ever get. So its up to you! I think Robbie''s advice to tell people from whom you would want support if something happened... but otherwise try to enjoy each day! Worrying and not letting yourself feel happy won''t make it any easier if something bad happens, and all of pregnancy is one big excercise in patience and blind faith anyways, so you might as well start being practicing now!

Congrats again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. I am glad the title was changed as people who are TTC are happy for those that get the BFP. We told our parents, and some of our closest friends. But I know many that like to wait. I am bad at keeping secrets.... This was ages ago, my kids are 18 and 20.

Please join the preggo thread, you''ll get lots of advice and support there.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!
1.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations
d2b

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I hope that you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Mazel Tov chamudah!
Good luck with everything!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I was planning to tell family at 12wks but that was shortlived bc I was so excited that I ended up telling my immediate family right away...but haven''t told relatives or dh''s family yet (and im 17wks now)..I think I will wait until the 20wk anatomy scan and then tell everyone else ...I think only your close ppl should share this moment (the ones who always wish you well ;-) I scare easily of ppl that are jealous and have the "bad eye" but that''s just me of course. Good luck..so exciting!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Buttercup! Wishing you and your husband much happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results