shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezels - Before and After

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies! Does anybody have some before and after shots of bezel re-sets? I''m trying to show BF the difference between what a stone looks like prong set vs. bezel, but I want to show him the same stone in prongs vs. bezels. I know some of the ladies here have posted them, but I can''t find them for the life of me! I know you ladies can help (or gents! I''m not picky). Please?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is mine, I reset to double prongs but the shank I think also makes a difference, I went from 3.3mm to 2.3mm (at the shoulders) it tapers towards the top

Bezelprongsresetdt0909.JPG

D&T your diamonds are so pretty
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 10:51:12 PM
Author: swedish bean
D&T your diamonds are so pretty
30.gif
12.gif
thank you swedish bean!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
My yellow sapphire Ering was reset from prong to bezel

Before:

before.bezeled00001.JPG

collage.2.frombig.JPG

After:
bezeled.0002.JPG

bezeled.0004.JPG

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 9:45:21 PM
Author:princesss
Hey ladies! Does anybody have some before and after shots of bezel re-sets? I''m trying to show BF the difference between what a stone looks like prong set vs. bezel, but I want to show him the same stone in prongs vs. bezels. I know some of the ladies here have posted them, but I can''t find them for the life of me! I know you ladies can help (or gents! I''m not picky). Please?
Hey princess! I have one in mind I can''t seem to find...hopefully she''ll pop in and post it for you. Unless another lady knows what thread it is in?! I could be crazy, but I feel certain that blackberry16 showed us pics of her ring before it was reset into the James Meyer 1345. Her JM can be seen here. I thought this reset (if someone can find it!) would be especially helpful to you/your BF since I know you LOVE! the JM1345...and who doesn''t, really
31.gif
27.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an example with a halo bezel vs. a solitare prong setting that immediately came to mind:

treysarsringb4nftr.JPG

I think it''s Treysar''s ring.
1.gif

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
I love bezels!! I am waiting for my ring to be finished. I am having my diamond put into a semi-bezel ring, is being custom made so I have to wait 2-3 more
1.gif
weeks! Taking forever!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:47:42 AM
Author: ts44
Here''s an example with a halo bezel vs. a solitare prong setting that immediately came to mind:

treysarsringb4nftr.JPG

I think it''s Treysar''s ring.
1.gif
YES! That''s the picture I was thinking about! YAY!!!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok... here is my prong to bezel reset.
My first setting was a six prong setting with side baguettes. The diamond is 1.1 cts.

bberryra5.jpg

A month ago I reset my original stone in a James Meyer setting. It is crazy how much bigger and more sparkly the stone looks. Lots of people ask me if I got a bigger diamond when we did the reset. I love the fact that bezels are so much safer than prongs.

bberryjm8.jpg

bberryjm1.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Blackberry, I love your reset. Those are the pictures I showed BF originally (esp. because that''s my dream setting). I think it just sets off the stone beautifully - a well done bezel just can''t be beat!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:50:53 PM
Author: blackberry16
My first setting was a six prong setting with side baguettes. The diamond is 1.1 cts.

bberryra5.jpg

A month ago I reset my original stone in a James Meyer setting. It is crazy how much bigger and more sparkly the stone looks. Lots of people ask me if I got a bigger diamond when we did the reset. I love the fact that bezels are so much safer than prongs.

bberryjm8.jpg

bberryjm1.jpg
your reset Rocks my Socks!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And I am no lover of RB''s!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/16/2009 12:54:46 PM
Author: princesss
Blackberry, I love your reset. Those are the pictures I showed BF originally (esp. because that''s my dream setting). I think it just sets off the stone beautifully - a well done bezel just can''t be beat!
I am totally biased but I think it is the most stunning setting. I could not believe how inexpensive the all platinum setting was.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/16/2009 1:16:52 PM
Author: trillionaire
Date: 9/15/2009 10:50:53 PM

Author: blackberry16

bberryra5.jpg

bberryjm8.jpg

bberryjm1.jpg

your reset Rocks my Socks!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And I am no lover of RB''s!

Thanks Trillionaire, that is quite a compliment!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the bezel settings do really change the look of the diamonds! I LOVE Blackberry''s!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/22/2009 11:22:06 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW the bezel settings do really change the look of the diamonds! I LOVE Blackberry''s!

Bezels are one of the best ways to make-over a diamond. Thanks Stone Hunter!

blondie

Shiny_Rock
Here is my original setting for my 1.71 carat RB...a Tiffany-style, six prong setting.

IMG_0001monks.jpg

blondie

Shiny_Rock
And the same stone in a semi-bezel....soooooo much more comfortable on my finger, I love it's new home!
3.gif

IMG_1673monki.jpg

blondie

Shiny_Rock
With it''s mate! (Wedding band
2.gif
)

IMG_1658minkiy.jpg

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Before

lkjhgffddss.JPG

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
After

356etdgdgd.JPG

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 4:44:45 PM
Author: ponder
After

ahhhhhhhhh Ponder! I love love love your ring!!!!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again Amethyste,

I love, love, love it too! The new setting really took a mediocre stone from blah to fabulous. I get complements on it all the time.

I really love the bezel setting too. The ring is super low and I have yet to knock it against anything. Its so comfortable its almost like wearing a band. I also love that there are no prongs to scratch my baby with. My mom has to take off her ring when she watches her (her platnium prongs have scratched her more than once.

My next big purchase will be a set of studs. Bezeled also to prevent scratches on her head and face.

BEZELS RULE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results