shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezelling stones? How to check they will look good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I sent Barry a message asking him if he thought that a stone would look good set in a bezel. Here is his reply

"I''m going to give this stone my patented twist-tie test. This is really high tech! I put a twist-tie around the stone in the
same position that a bezel would go and check out the stone. Now, don''t get on the phone and let Tiffany''s or
Van Cleef and Arpels know about this! I''ll get back to you with my conclusion."

I thought it was a really simple solution. I know people have stones and ask on the forums if they think they would look good in a bezel setting. Now we all have a super quick and cheap way of checking for ourself.

Unfortunately the stone I wanted lost its brilliance and just looked grey when Barry did his twist tie test.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very clever!

Hehe, I did this with little strips of paper once...lol.
I''m a huge fan of bezels!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
We know! How could we forget!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also do it with aluminium foil. The reflective property of the foil simulates the metal and since it is pliable metal, it''ll hug the stone just right.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 9:42:25 AM
Author: Chrono
You can also do it with aluminium foil. The reflective property of the foil simulates the metal and since it is pliable metal, it''ll hug the stone just right.

36.gif
36.gif
Good to know, Chrono. Something to do this weekend!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be conducting this experiment as well with my pink tourmaline from Barry once I get it. I''ll be so sad
7.gif
if it doesn''t look good i''m such a bezel fan.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 10:39:46 AM
Author: D&T

I will be conducting this experiment as well with my pink tourmaline from Barry once I get it. I''ll be so sad
7.gif
if it doesn''t look good i''m such a bezel fan.

Good idea. Do they make gold and rose gold colored foil too? *puts in a call to Reynolds*

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Good idea, I will be trying that will my color shift sapphire

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh these tricks are good to know!! Thanks folks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is the coolest trick ever. I am so trying this sometime on my stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results