shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel studs with diamond jackets?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of you that have bezel set studs wear them with an earring jacket? Just wondering how much mm size the bezel adds to the size? I am looking some to wear with my jackets, but they can't be larger than 6mm. What size diamond should I go with if it will be bezeled as opposed to prong set? If any of you have pictures that would be a great help to see! :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly, I think it will sort of depend on the specific bezel. My stones are .71 and .72, facing up an average of 5.7 mm: with bezels, I think they have a diameter of 6.5 mm. But a bulkier bezel could produce totally different results. It might be easiest to contact one of the vendors and get their thoughts? They'll probably know the average for their own settings, which might differ between manufacturers ....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Circe - also some jackets fit some studs in certain ways - my jackets, for example, are very deep, so shallow bezels would look strange even if they're the right width. I'd actually pick a vendor and send them one of the jackets so you can be absolutely sure they know what they're dealing with, and that the studs will fit well in every way.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
here are my BGD 0.3ct bezels with jackets I picked up a couple of months ago from another forum

I knew the exact size of the diamonds from the AGS cert and knew that Brian's bezel added enough width to the stone to make the finished earring diameter around the same as a 0.5ct stone and took a punt that the fit would work

I am pretty pleased with the final look and wear these quite a bit - there is a tiny airline - but it is so hard to see when worn

earjstoo.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results