shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel studs - what size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
I've been wanting some bezel set studs for years. I want to save for one of Whiteflash's RSG ones but I'm not sure what size to aim for. My ear lobes are rather small, I know I don't NEED large ones, but I also don't want to upgrade for a long time. :) Here's a ear shot with me wearing a 0.19 ct stud (0.38 tcw) set in yellow gold. It's not a good picture, but will show the size. What do you think? I'd like my new studs to be very visible but still good for everyday wear.

Eep! How do I post a picture? I tried putting a picture here from photobucket but it's not working.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
Got it! I don't know why I couldn't see it in preview but it's here. :)

studsearshot-s.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm planning on geting .6 something ctw fairly soon (by the end of the year maybe?) from BGD. Although I will likely get them with martini's because I want to upgrade them up to 1.5 over the next 5 years.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-diamond-bezel-earrings.111585/ I think the size would be lovely on you! Not too big, but definitely noticable. Kt's mom (the model) has got small lobes too so I think it's a good comparison. A little larger than .50 but not quite .75.

Here's a pic from her thread:

KTBezelearrings.jpg

IMG_1364.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with getting around .30-.33 each for bezel studs. I really do like BG''s bezel setting best, too.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I didn''t see 2/3 ctw as an option on Whiteflash, though. They just have the 0.5 ct and the 0.75 ctw. What is BGD?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 8:46:32 PM
Author: sapphirepod
Thanks for the suggestions! I didn''t see 2/3 ctw as an option on Whiteflash, though. They just have the 0.5 ct and the 0.75 ctw. What is BGD?
Brian Gavin...the earrings shown in the picture above are from him.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sapphirepod
35.gif

Those are my 0.64ctw studs that gypsy posted (thanks girl! I LOVE looking at that pic!) and I just wanted to let you know that I really think that they are a great size. I am glad that I didn't go any bigger. I have 0.76ctw martini studs and visually to me the bezel studs look larger. You might even want to get a quote from WF or BGD (Brian Gavin Diamonds) to have a pair made esp if you might want to upgrade someday as the RSG's are not upgradeable. That way you could get an in-between size like I did.

ETA: there is a difference in the settings from WF and BGD. With WF the backs come to a point almost like a martini where as BGD's is rounded as you can see in the pic above. The BGD ones are more like the Tiffany ones.

Good luck!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love that size (the .60 cttw)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results