shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies I have been lurking here for a long time, I enjoy admiring all the beautiful rings and engagements and the just because jewelry. I have a question, my father and his wife were over during the weekend and she has a 1ct diamond RB solitaire ring, but it is bezel set. I put it on next to my 1.52 ct RB solitaire and to me it looked small and I was wondering if a diamond is put in a bezel set if it tends to make the diamond look a little smaller than what it is. I mean her diamond looked like a 3/4 ct. I was going to have my 1.52 put in a bezel, but after seeing hers I don''t know. Help me

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally, a bezel will make a stone look larger. My guess is, her stone is deep, and facing up small for its size. Or, it''s not really a carat.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic I found awhile back that''s a good example.

This is a .30 bezeled vs. a .60. (top pic has to come with, ignore)

Murano%20and%20comparison%20pic%2001.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, that's a great pic for reference! It makes me want to bezel my pendant!
31.gif

I agree it should make the diamond look larger so I think that's a little strange too. Maybe she is rounding up her ct. weight?? I know that sounds strange, but my mom tends to do that...
20.gif
...mostly because she can't be bothered for details!
Buffy, you should post pics of your ring! Pretty please!!
31.gif

I have to add, Ellen, when I saw your avatar this morning I almost spit my coffee on my computer!! Too cute!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 8:48:29 AM
Author: 777_LDY
Ooh, that''s a great pic for reference! It makes me want to bezel my pendant!
31.gif

I agree it should make the diamond look larger so I think that''s a little strange too. Maybe she is rounding up her ct. weight?? I know that sounds strange, but my mom tends to do that...
20.gif
...mostly because she can''t be bothered for details!
31.gif

I have to add, Ellen, when I saw your avatar this morning I almost spit my coffee on my computer!! Too cute!!
Good!
9.gif
I thought it was hysterical too.

You need to update us lady!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2008 9:13:18 AM
Author: Ellen

31.gif

I agree it should make the diamond look larger so I think that''s a little strange too. Maybe she is rounding up her ct. weight?? I know that sounds strange, but my mom tends to do that...
20.gif
31.gif

Good!
9.gif

You really are too cute, Ellen!! LOVE the avatar.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you mam!
9.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 9:13:18 AM

31.gif

20.gif
31.gif

Good!
9.gif

wobble2.gif

9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 9:31:26 AM
wobble2.gif

9.gif
Don''t you stand there wobbling like that, spill!
9.gif

SDL, thankies!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 9:44:25 AM

Date: 3/18/2008 9:31:26 AM
wobble2.gif

9.gif
Don''t you stand there wobbling like that, spill!
9.gif

SDL, thankies!!
lol.gif

...waiting for some more CADs!
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

ok

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, thank you so much for the info, I am trying to upload a pic of my solitaire, mind you it is set in between two 1/2 ct bands (1ct total weight). So bare with me. I hope it comes out, if not here are the specs:
weight-- 1.52 ct
measurements -- 7.60-7.48x4.51mm
depth-- 60.1%
table-- 60%
crown--12.3%
pavillion--44.7%
girdle--thin to sl thick faceted
culet-- none
clarity-- vs2
color--J
flourescence-- faint

thank you all for being so nice and helping me with my question

P2040018.JPG

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Buffy! I''m glad you posted a pic, very pretty ring!!!
You mentioned you were thinking about putting your stone in a bezel. Are you looking to change your current set?

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hey there 777_ldy, thank you for the compliment, in a way I was thinking of changing my ring around, sometimes I look at it and feel that it is overkill. You see when I first got engaged, my er was a .25, and to me that was the bomb, then I upgraded to a .38 heart solitaire, and of course to me that was much bigger, then last year on our 16th wedding anniversary (to the same wonderful man) he let me upgrade to the 1.52 and this ring is blam to me, and I have no intentions on upgrading again, but you never know, maybe at 25years, so the 1.52 I feel right now is being overpowered by the bands, I just don''t know. I would love to put it in a bezel and take the diamond bands and put them into one, but I don''t know. Completely confused. What would you do.?? Believe me I am open to any suggestions. Like I said I have been lurking on the website for over 5 mos and this is the first time I have posted. I get on just about everyday and love admiring everyones lovely pieces and I have to say I have learned alot from this site and the people who post.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi buffy, how about just taking the diamonds from the 2 bands and make one, and just wear that with your ering the way it is now. It''s a pretty setting, I wouldn''t necessarily change it. Just a thought!

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock

Buffy,

here is a picture of a 1.03 that I had set in a bezel many years ago. I had it set like this because I wanted it to be very safe when I wore it, and I have size 7.5 fingers, so I had the band made a little wider as well. Hope this view gives you another perspective.

54324.JPG

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Buffy -- I think your stone would be amazing in a bezel, but I am biased... My .5 carat diamond is off being set in a bezel as we speak. I''m supposed to have it back this weekend. I''ll post pics for ya when I get it back.

I''m hoping the bezel makes my stone look a little bigger... I love my stone, but I wouldn''t mind for it to look bigger!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 5:58:24 PM
Author: Buffy01
Hey there 777_ldy, thank you for the compliment, in a way I was thinking of changing my ring around, sometimes I look at it and feel that it is overkill. You see when I first got engaged, my er was a .25, and to me that was the bomb, then I upgraded to a .38 heart solitaire, and of course to me that was much bigger, then last year on our 16th wedding anniversary (to the same wonderful man) he let me upgrade to the 1.52 and this ring is blam to me, and I have no intentions on upgrading again, but you never know, maybe at 25years, so the 1.52 I feel right now is being overpowered by the bands, I just don''t know. I would love to put it in a bezel and take the diamond bands and put them into one, but I don''t know. Completely confused. What would you do.?? Believe me I am open to any suggestions. Like I said I have been lurking on the website for over 5 mos and this is the first time I have posted. I get on just about everyday and love admiring everyones lovely pieces and I have to say I have learned alot from this site and the people who post.
Heehee! I think *blam* means big right! Cuz it is!!! I think 1.5 is a great size and you should feel great about showing it off!

I like Ellen''s suggestion about doing something with the current bands that you already have. You could make one band, like a shared prong eternity, or you could make two and put them on either side. Sort of like it is now, but straighter. Or you could take some of the stones from one band and put them into a new setting with your center stone AND make a new wband!!

If you do decide to do a bezel setting, which is great too, I think it would be very pretty with scattered diamonds!

Looks like you have lots of fun options!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 6:01:59 PM
Hi buffy, how about just taking the diamonds from the 2 bands and make one, and just wear that with your ering the way it is now. It''s a pretty setting, I wouldn''t necessarily change it. Just a thought!

Ditto!
Your ring is beautiful Buffy! I like the idea of making one band.
1.gif

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
I want to thank all of you on the ideas and my husband and I are going through quite a few of the ideas, maybe by our 17th anniversary in June, I will be able to move things around or put my diamond in a different setting, by the way Coatimundi, I do have to say I love your set, big admirer, also vespergirl, I love the triple band that she has. Thank you all, and yes I will continue to lurk.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 3:04:44 PM
Author: Buffy01
I want to thank all of you on the ideas and my husband and I are going through quite a few of the ideas, maybe by our 17th anniversary in June, I will be able to move things around or put my diamond in a different setting, by the way Coatimundi, I do have to say I love your set, big admirer, also vespergirl, I love the triple band that she has. Thank you all, and yes I will continue to lurk.
Thank you Buffy!
I love Vesper's rings too
30.gif
(her solitaire inspired me in my lurkdom)
Your ring is lovely! Can't wait to see what you choose to do.
If you need help just hollah!

oh, and 777, I can't wait to see your CADS!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Well Buffy, your hubby sounds like a sweetie, congrats on nearly 17 years of marriage!!!
It sounds like you might want some stacking options to me!
31.gif
I hope you come back to show us what you decide on!!

And thanks Coati, just have one more little detail to work out...!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results