shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel pendant by Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
I meant to post this ages ago but got caught up in moving to a new city, vacation, daily life.... Sorry guys!
8.gif

I love the Diamonds by the Yard pendant and also am a stickler for details. I view my pieces as wearable art so buying without ever seeing the product comes with it''s share of heebie jeebies.
1.gif
Bob was wonderful to work with and offered numerous suggestions on the stone until I finally narrowed it down to this one, a 0.38 ct, D, SI2. It looks fabulous and way better than I would have expected for an SI2.

I read all the posts I could find on this style of pendant and the options, what to look for, etc. I considered the martini for awhile, but settled on the bezel because that was my preference. There was also a huge bonus that my stone would appear larger! After trying on the pendant it was modeled after at Tiffany''s, I decided that the culet really bothered me. Sharp and pokey, it wasn''t something that I wanted to get used to. I hoped it wouldn''t change the look too much.

I asked that a thin piece of metal be placed over the culet, stretching from side to side, and sent the best pictures I could find as examples. Cost was also a factor and I tortured myself with the debate over white gold over platinum and eventually, I just had to be completely happy with it, with no regrets. I went with a platinum setting, 1.0 mm link chain and I love it so much, that I made sure to ask Whiteflash to stamp their logo on it before it was shipped. They were great throughout!

Oh rats, I''m having problems attaching pictures!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see pics - I hope you have a good couple of the back with the metal over the culet. I love the DBTY look but the culet thing has always given me pause...seems like it would irritate me. I''d like to see how you''ve solved that problem!

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
Hopefully this will show the back of the pendant - a Whiteflash picture since I don''t have a digital camera.
7.gif

pendant_back.jpg

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
7.gif
Okay, the front view is too big. I''ll have to ask someone I know to kindly shrink it down this weekend. Sorry!!

I forgot to mention that the stone was one of their ACAs.

FireGoddess, the culet doesn''t bother me at all now! At first, I was hesitant about making it a custom piece and having it set in platinum since that brings up the amount significantly. Then, I decided it would be better to ask for exactly what I want and have no regrets about it after.

I have a white gold necklace that I wore daily for years and it looks white against my platinum ring. I have seen too many white gold rings on friends to be completely confident about going that route again though. This was going to be my no-regret pendant - and it is!!

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
Hopefully, the front view will attach...

pendant_front_REV.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool idea! I love bezel pendants too. Is it more comfortable this way?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely necklace!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Do you have any real life photos of the necklace?

ETA: Just reread and saw you don't have a digital camera-so nevermind!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That looks great! Does it sit well on your neck? Do you have any problems with flipping?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful pendant! It would be great if WF offered that as one of its regular pendant settings! I love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great design. You''ll be able to set the pendant down on a counter, or whatever, and not worry about the culet being damaged.

Enjoy!

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
It''s definitely more comfortable with the metal across the back. Instead of a V-shape on the neckline, mine is sometimes a rounded scoop-neck shape and rests higher on the collarbone unless I pull it forward. Without the strip of metal, I become very conscious of where the diamond is at all times because I continuously feel that sharp culet.

It''s one of my motivations of getting a digital camera. Ha ha!!

It doesn''t flip at all, but may tilt upwards a bit, depending on movement. Usually, that''s the perfect angle so that I can stare at it in a mirror.
2.gif

I was a bit anxious about having it made since it would be a custom design which increased the price significantly. Plus, I didn''t have the security of returning it and getting a full refund. I worked myself up so much that I was almost dreading opening the box when it arrived! Everything turned out swimmingly and it''s my favourite piece to wear at the moment.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 10:56:23 PM
Author: TanDogMom
What a beautiful pendant! It would be great if WF offered that as one of its regular pendant settings! I love it!
Me too!!! I love all of the elements of this necklace. If WF had this as a stock option I would have paid extra to get my pendant with them than the one I purchased through BN.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results