shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Lucida Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shopgirlk

Rough_Rock
I posted a wbile back whining about my new custom "Tiffany " Lucida Bezel set engagement ring which did not turn out well. Since then it has gone back to the jeweler who made it and he has "revised" it twice. We are done with him. The ring most recently visited a jeweler who works on Tiffany rings. Although he said he liked the ring style, he agreed that the guy who made the setting did a poop job. LOL. What he also said is that Tiffany would have a difficult time setting my stone in the Lucida bezel because of the diamond size. He also gave his opinion on what kind of setting the diamond would look best in. Those actual mountings are on their way to my jeweler and I will see them today. I am wondering what all of you out there in diamond land have to say about setting this diamond that I think is breathtaking. I know someone will ask me for the stats so here they are. I am not that computer literate so I don''t have a pic of the stone on here yet. Sorry.

Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
8.51 x 6.33 x 4.49 mm
Weight: 1.92 carat
Depth: 70.9 %
Table: 68 %
Girdle: THN to MED
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VVS2
Color: G
Fluorescence: None
Comments: None

JulieY

Rough_Rock
I think Lucidas are usually more square than your stone, and I would guess that''s part of the problem. IMO, it would look better in a lucida style setting if it were set east/west, instead of north/south. Then the band would not have to be so thick... Has anyone suggested this to you?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a rectangular version of the Lucida and it is available in the bezel setting...

engagement_lucida_bezel.jpg

I do not know if Tiffany has a size limit for thoe bezel setting, but I have seen similar open bezels set with larger diamonds and seriously larger gems.

Was there a specific reson why the jeweler would not make the bezel version or did it appear to "substantial" to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results