shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel Diamond pendant : )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
In February I started having thoughts about getting a diamond pendant to go with my diamond earrings. I bought the earrings prior to learning about Pricescope and they are pretty well cut and have sparkle, but I know that I overpaid for what I got. The earrings are .48 ctw H SI1. I contacted Bob at Whiteflash and browsed around the site looking for something to catch my fancy! This little pretty did. There was also an ACA of very similar size, colour and weight, but Bob pulled both stones and told me that visually, he couldn''t see a difference between them, so I got the Expert Selection stone. This was Thursday the 17th of February, on Tuesday the 23rd of February, the set diamond was waiting for me at FedEx. I did take it out and look for inclusions on the day that I got it. My husband did not want to have to say, okay, I don''t see a thing, then I open it at the end of March and see inclusions and it''s past the 10 day return period! This is my birthday present and I''ll tell you, having a diamond in the house and not being allowed to play with it and try it on and *wear* it was painful for over a month, but I did it! My husband did not think I would be able to withstand the pressure : )

I think the only thing I am not absolutely thrilled with is that the bezel setting is almost barrel shaped and tends to roll and often the diamond is face down on my skin, or facing towards the ground. I think I may have it reset as this really bothers me. It may just be the nature of the bezel set pendant and I''ll have to live with it.

I am thrilled about the sparkle, and I have been able to see arrows in this little diamond! I love the way it looks and I''m happy with the size and how it looks with my earrings.

Here are specs and the Idealscope image. More pictures to follow, many more pictures to follow, but I don''t think I''ve ever seen one post complaining of too many pictures! : )

Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.305
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.2
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.2
Crown %: 14.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Mediium to Slightly Thick Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.33-4.34X2.65
HCA score: 1.2

I wish you well,

Bridget

My diamond .306.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Picture #2

Pendant 03.jpeg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
The flowers were for my birthday too, so I pictured them together. See the arrows in the above picture? : )

Pendant 05 32505-1.jpeg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant is set in platinum with an 18" chain with a jump ring at 16" and 17" so I can vary the length depending on the outfit.

Pendant 06 32505.jpeg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
more.

Pendant 05 32505.jpeg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Side view, this shows how deep the pendant is and perhaps why it rolls the way it does.

Pendant 07 32505.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2005 2:12:27 PM
Author:bstraszheim
I think the only thing I am not absolutely thrilled with is that the bezel setting is almost barrel shaped and tends to roll and often the diamond is face down on my skin, or facing towards the ground. I think I may have it reset as this really bothers me. It may just be the nature of the bezel set pendant and I'll have to live with it.

First, you have a lovely stone there!

Second, I have a diamond pendant set in a half-bezel setting. I have never posted a picture of it. I will take one and do so. I wonder if that could be the answer for you...although it would require a trip to the jeweler.

Deborah

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Neck shot.

Thanks for looking!

Dia pendant neck shot.jpeg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Your pendant is beautiful. Congratulations.

My pendant is bezel set as well and it also has problems staying flat. Mine tends to flip up so the underside ends up being viewed. The design of my pendant is totally different as it''s more like the Tiffany by the Yards style that just has a thin band of metal that circles around the girdle and the culet is exposed so this may be more a problem of where the chain connects to the bezel part of the necklace than the actual bezel design itself?
33.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have an almost identical pendant--smaller stone--but same bezel setting, etc. It does the exact same roll-y thing and it drives me nuts! Half of my sister''s wedding pictures it''s flipped the wrong way! I''ve actually decided I eventually want to re-set it with a pave halo.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That pendant is awesome and looks fabulous on your neckline.
30.gif
Congrats!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and great size!! I love thin bezel pendants...that looks very deep, is the stone really that deep or is just the setting? I would try to see if you can get it shortened or something, it seems so big for a small stone!!

I have been craving a round bezel pendant and/or a pave bezel...mmmm!!!! Ideas!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! perfect size for a bezel pendant, congrats
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very nice on you!

and yes, I surely agree about the "barrel"
14.gif
From the side, it seems to have a peep hole of sorts, perhaps someone could just slice the metal frame at that point and repolish ? The result would look like one of those "by the yard" settings that leave the culet of the diamond open on the skin - perhaps the frame around the girdle of the stone would be a bit wider than that but not much. If this is feasible depends on how the stone is set inside the bezel and the thickness of those walls - something not feasible to see in pictures. Just one rather silly thought
20.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
bridget, your pendant is beautiful! i think it is just the perfect size
3.gif
you can''t tell from the front that the bezel it so big...i hope you can get it fixed so that it doesn''t go topsy turvy anymore!!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have a similar necklace but it is a 3-stone. They still tend to flip a bit. I don''t have a picture but it is similar to this one, except my two end diamonds have yellow gold bezels and the chain is smooth. This picture makes the bezels look attached but mine are separate.

3558.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! Hope you can work out the flipping, though....must be something they can do....but it''s beautiful, just the same!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your new pendant is beautiful!

I have the Stuller half bezel pendant and it looks pretty much just like yours from the side.

Mine also tips forward.
7.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the comments. Yes, from the front you would never guess that it is so deep! When Bob and I spoke about the setting, he specificaly said that I would not want the culet pressing right against my skin and I did agree, but I should have asked for a picture of the setting. I also liked the idea that the pendant slid on the chain instead of being fixed. I''ll have to see, eventually : )

The stone is not that deep, I can''t tell for sure, but I think that the diamond is only half as deep as the setting.

I wish you well,

Bridget

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Another fabulous bezel solitaire. I love it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a bezel set pendant that was originally set in an omega chain, but I didn't like the fact that the stone moved around to the side of my neck while I was wearing it. I recently had it reset on a thin chain. My jeweler suggested using a small barrel on the top of the bezel and running the chain through that instead of attaching it to the sides of the bezel. It helps keep the stone from flipping over. Something to consider.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this mondera one is one of my favorites in how thin the bezel is surrounding it...but i don''t love the chain, i prefer the thinner link ones that are harder to see on the neck....

i have been thinking about a pendant for a while now, a .80 J SI2 would really hit the spot and i wear my regent pendant more than any other piece of jewelry other than my w-ring/e-ring, bezel or 3 prong exposed? hmm hmm.

3001770.jpg

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on you, and the stone is "to die for." I love all of the pics!
9.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results