shape
carat
color
clarity

Bewildered in Baghdad--Again!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deadgame

Rough_Rock
Please help! I''d be pulling my hair out by now if it wasn''t high and tight. Please tell me which you would choose from these three. If all of them suck just say so, I can take it. I went on both ends of the spectrum for my budget. The first is a smaller stone, but a great HAA cut. The others are much larger stones, but no where near the cut. I''m not sure how much fire they would have. Which would you choose?

Choice #1 for $6700

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5285301

Choice #2 for $7550

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/cgi-bin/ErdRetrieve.cgi?rm=certificate_details&diamond_id=801604

Choice #3 for $7403

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=1464133

Thanx in advance,

Brad

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bewildered,

The first looks beautiful, the 2nd and 3rd don''t have crown and pavilion angles, and the tables are larger, so it is hard to tell what kind of cut they would be.

Have you checked the Whiteflash Expert Selection? They can have some great stones there for good prices. I found these, 1.23 H VS2 and 1.18 F SI1, which both look beautiful and are larger than that first one you selected. Maybe you should email or call Brian to see if he can look at them for you and tell you what he thinks. THis time of year, they might go quickly, so jump on them if you are interested.

Good luck!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I agree with lop that you should call Whiteflash and tell them your budget. I think that their "expert selection" diamonds are a great value. They have a 1.33 I color VS2 that looks great and measures about the same diameter of the 1.4 that you posted. It''s an ideal cut and is listed for $6186...I guess that is before the PS discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-821281.htm#

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my ring from Lesley at Whiteflash and was very pleased with purchase and the service.
My ring was large and fairly costly but I feel I got a good deal. I bought an Ideal cut but not hearts and arrows. It is I color with excellent proportions. I think it looks great but you might prefer a G or H color to be on the safe side.

I would email Brian or Lesley and ask which stone they recommend. I believe they will be honest with you. I do not think you would be disappointed with the stones Patty or LOP recommended. They are from the Expert selection and are usually condidered an excellent value for the money and just miss being A Cut Above. Mara has one which is about the size and price you want and she is extremely pleased.

The appraiser agreed with Brian's assessment of my stone and said it faced up more like a G or H becuse of the great cut. You do not have to pay Whiteflash until you have decided to buy the ring. I paid the day before it was shipped

However I am sure the other vendors mentioned are also extremely reliable and will do the best for you.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Brad,
I hope you are well and have had some luck in selecting the perfect stone for your wife. It is probablly not as difficult as it seems if you are dealing with one of the very reliable Pricescope vendors.

Stones are priced according to quality by the various vendors. Some things, such as perfect symmetry of a hearts and arrows, are important to some. It was not important to me.

Sometimes I think there is just too much information for the average lay person to make an informed decision and a very slight difference in color or clarity in an Ideal cut stone as long as it does not go very low in color and is an eye clean stone, will make very little discernable dfference to most who are not experts, including myself ,as long as you have some input from either the vendor or one of the people here who really study diamonds. I am not one of them. I just bought what Whiteflash recommended because I trusted Brian and Lesley.

I did not post specifications until I received the ring. It was fast and easy. There are some people here who are truly experts and I have a high regard ror their opinions but sometimes too much advice is confusing. Maybe there are other stones out there if I had been inclined to spend months looking but I was not looking to make a career of it and I know I did very well. I found what I was looking for at the first shot and got just what I wanted from Whiteflash.

I took the liberty of sending your post to Lesley in the hope that she can give you some guidance in view of your situation and the fact that several of the mentioned stones are from Whiteflash.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Bump

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Dunno dude. I would contact either WF or Mark at Eringsdirect and ask them about the stones in question. Not much you can tell by numbers alone. I also don''t truly believe a stone has to be a H&A to be amazingly beautiful and I would prefer to go bigger as long as my eyes tell me a stone is beautiful and an expert that I trust confirms that for me. You need to find a vendor you can trust and work with. After that''s done...you''re home free.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 9
6.gif
4:30 AM
Author: moremoremore

I would prefer to go bigger as long as my eyes tell me a stone is beautiful and an expert that I trust confirms that for me. You need to find a vendor you can trust and work with. After that''s done...you''re home free.
I agree with MMM.....Since you can''t see the stone for yourself...talk to Whiteflash, they are experts, they''ll tell you which one they think is better..

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''d actually go with Mark at eringsdirect hehehehehe
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hey Brad, hope you''re well.

Another vote here to email WF and ask about their Expert Selection stones. They won''t steer you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results