shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware late night internet shopping!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, you all might recall I got a teeny bit obsessed after being subjected to a little too much of "Face the Nation". While this resulted in one wonderful purchase (my WSS strand), it also resulted in this hilarious sleep deprived piece of questionable provenance:

Inspiration (aka what I was hoping for):

What arrived (despite the webpage saying it was the EXACT piece worn by Peggy Noonan):

Not so much!

Suddenly the exchange for store credit policy is making more sense....(yeah, was too tired to read the fine print pre-clickety). At least it wasn't expensive!

Anyone else have any questionable late night purchases to share?

_37092.jpg

_3423.jpeg

_3425.jpeg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
my recent late night sleep deprived purchase wasn't pearls.

I do like that necklace though, but an exact match far from. I recently had to return a very expensive eyeshadow quad for the same reason. I hate returning cosmetics but this was never used and not what I ordered.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
A photo of that mabe strand shows up on Peggy Noonan's pinterest site. I find no photos of her wearing the Karine Sultan white glass pearls though.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure it was the pinterest site that originally sent me to the Karine Sultan website (which is where I got the necklace from). Had I been more awake I would have scrutinized the two pictures a bit more carefully though. Although I have to admit that even if it was the same strand, there is NO WAY I would risk scratching my WSS strand by layering it with them.

Of course, this will be an endless source of teasing from DH.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
So funny. How can they send you that with a straight face? They're probably laughing as they do.

We don't have a TV, so I haven't done that kind of thing (yet).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, in the interest of eating what I kill, I'm wearing my faux Noonan today. My neck hasn't turned green so far.... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results