shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Between the finger ring from Victorian components

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
About 7 weeks ago, Dolly (xothebijouxbox on IG) posted a pair of earrings made out of Victorian components. She suggested making a bypass type ring out of the parts.
E5E76B51-FAAA-4DBC-A5D6-96421E1841D7.jpeg

The second I saw them, VCA’s Frivole Between the Finger Ring popped into my head. I asked her if they could be made into a BTFR by her bench and she said yes!

I just received it this morning and I love it! I can wear it in both orientations and because of the gap, it fits over most of my knuckles allowing me to wear it on pretty much all of my fingers including my thumb.
E3AFFF71-A6FD-4AF8-8353-F42260160CC5.jpeg
89237AFA-59CE-4C90-9B44-D352478C4DE4.jpeg
12959188-F352-42DC-BE6B-53765A9BAC41.jpeg
95BF7802-0419-4152-BCCD-5A65B666754E.jpeg
581F29F4-782D-4967-A13B-6F29ED3D8164.jpeg
A611E4C9-BAF1-49C3-BF93-62F6F271F91D.jpeg
C98C1161-C070-4B7C-AE07-02BE45825A37.jpeg

Here is a macro video of the various old cuts in the components. I even see a little pear!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is TDF! :love: I love this so much!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I love between the finger rings. Love that you had this created from components of antique jewelry.

Thank you! This is my first between the finger ring that I have owned. I’ve tried on some at VCA and have admired them so I’m so glad to own one now!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is TDF! :love: I love this so much!

Thank you! ❤️ I love it too! I’m loving all the details and how delicate it looks even though it feels pretty solid.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I love this!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so so pretty! I love the idea of between the fingers rings but I’m a little bit scared I will lose it. Does it feel secure?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so so pretty! I love the idea of between the fingers rings but I’m a little bit scared I will lose it. Does it feel secure?
Thank you!
It actually feels very secure! I can shake my hand around and it stays put. It’s sized well for my fingers and you can see how it hugs my finger in the pics below. I wouldn’t size up on a BTFR.
438443DC-106E-473D-8FC1-55C48DAE044D.jpeg

I have bigger knuckles so perhaps that helps? To put it on and get it off, I have to twist it 90 degrees to the side like below so that it can slide over my wider knuckles. It won’t come off otherwise lol
B8375322-7EE5-4F28-BE19-B4898D0302B4.jpeg

I definitely think I will stick with wearing it on my non dominant hand though (not because I’m afraid that it’ll come off but to avoid getting it caught on things).

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful BTFR and I love that it was from antique components. It is very unique and looks beautiful on your hand, whichever way and whichever finger you choose to wear it on =)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow. :love:

That is beautiful.

Those components - feminine and delicate and oh so charming… And the way you put them together is pure magic. It really looks like something you’d see someone magical wearing in a storybook.

The thread title doesn’t do your new oldie justice! :bigsmile: I don’t know if it’s practical to wear on the thumb like in your one pic (is it?) but I gotta say I’m alllllll in on That Look :cool2::kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So unique & such a cool way to make something very old into something very modern.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: It's exquisite and so elegant. I love folate pieces from this time. The movement. Some of my absolute favorite lines.
Another signature in a signature collection! :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this look! Its a twist between something modern (BTFR) with old parts. Such a great idea!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
This is stunning. I love the antique components in a modern way. It's such a standout.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful BTFR and I love that it was from antique components. It is very unique and looks beautiful on your hand, whichever way and whichever finger you choose to wear it on =)2

Thank you! I’m going to have a lot of fun switching it up!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow. :love:

That is beautiful.

Those components - feminine and delicate and oh so charming… And the way you put them together is pure magic. It really looks like something you’d see someone magical wearing in a storybook.

The thread title doesn’t do your new oldie justice! :bigsmile: I don’t know if it’s practical to wear on the thumb like in your one pic (is it?) but I gotta say I’m alllllll in on That Look :cool2::kiss2:

LOL I really should have spent a bit more time on the title lol

The components are so detailed and lovely and I could not pass up a chance to create a Victorian BTFR a la VCA lol

I admit it’s not the most practical as a thumb ring but I LOVE the look too!! I plan on wearing it that way when I am WFH just sitting at my desk. I wore it that way during a virtual meeting yesterday and liked the “real life perspective” look on screen LOL

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! So unique & such a cool way to make something very old into something very modern.

Thank you! I am very fond of antique styles with a modern twist so this really hits the spot for me!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: It's exquisite and so elegant. I love folate pieces from this time. The movement. Some of my absolute favorite lines.
Another signature in a signature collection! :love: :love:
Thank you!! Yes! It feels SO elegant on the finger! The details of the petals and foliage are amazing and so realistic from this period and I have always admired them. They are usually brooches which are not as practical for me to wear on a regular basis so I have hesitated on buying any. So when this opportunity came up I had to jump on it to add to my collection❤️

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I love this look! Its a twist between something modern (BTFR) with old parts. Such a great idea!

Thank you! Antique styles with a dash of modern is my wheelhouse lol

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This is stunning. I love the antique components in a modern way. It's such a standout.

Thank you! These antique parts would be sooooo hard to recreate well and frankly would be cost prohibitive! I love it too ❤️

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply sublime :love: (just like the rest of your collection)!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Another gorgeous ring...swoon! Every time you get a new ring, my want list gets longer :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results