shape
carat
color
clarity

Between E and G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Is there a noticeable difference between E color and G color? It will be set in platinum.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, there is a noticeable difference between "E" color and "G" color. Any time you jump two color grades in the higher ranges, you will see that one is whiter than the other. One color grade difference is a different story.
All other things be equal except price and you can afford it, take the "E". Down the road, the price will not make a difference but if you are still looking at the "G", you will be wishing you had taken the "E". You will not forget it, but if you have the "E", you will very quickly forget the other diamond.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/31/2003 3
6.gif
0:20 AM JustLooking wrote:

Is there a noticeable difference between E color and G color? It will be set in platinum.

----------------
Yes and no....but mostly no.

Yes, there is a slight difference to those who have a very trained eye (or someone very sensitive to color) if they view correctly graded E and G stones side by side in the unset, face down position.

No, there is no difference to the majority of average viewers (meaning people who aren't extensively trained or extremely sensitive to color) between the E and G stones, and even less so when worn on the hand in a setting in the face-up position.

The G diamond will face up beautifully in platinum, and it will appear icy white. When compared with the mall (maul) quality stones worn by most, this diamond will appear blindingly white.

The most important question is....can YOU see the difference? I personally would rather go with a G stone because I feel there is better value and allows me to get more size for the money (something which IS noticeable), but that's me. If YOU can see the difference between a set E stone and a set G stone, and that difference makes you uncomfortable, then you may feel the E stone is worth the extra $$$.

Good luck.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can see quite a difference between E and G... Maybe once the stone is mounted, the difference will be less noticeable, but it really depends on your eye...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The question is does the amount of premium charged for an E stone worth your perceivable difference in the E to G.

I have an F, a G & an I stone - all w/ bl fluor all set in white gold or plat. I see little to no difference in color. But, then that could be my middle aged eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results